CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Political Forum

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Hellbender

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: Taney County

Re: Poor Politics [Re: Ozark]
      #113705 - 09/06/07 12:01 AM

Quote:

surely the Muslims aren't any more fanatic than the Nazis and the Imperial Japanese were

Well the Germans were a democracy, so the only change there was the candidates.
As far as Japan went, they were all on one island and not hard to locate. We were occupiers and there was no opposition.
I don't see either being comparable to Iraq.
We will fight the jihadist or suffer the consequences, it has and is their call.
With only two countries heavily into the support of Islamic Jihad we had better keep it that way.
The American people better stiffen their backs because we haven't heard from Latin America yet so we sure don't need a unified Middle East.

--------------------
A government survey has shown that 91% of illegal immigrants come to this country so that they can see their own doctor.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Liberty

Re: Poor Politics [Re: Hellbender]
      #113948 - 09/06/07 05:26 PM

I don't understand the need for comparisons period

that's from the there's nothing new under the sun camp, who spends too damn much time broad stroking everything

Democrats love a broad stroke view of things, that's why they have tried like mad to make this a replay of the Vietnam War and the Nixon Administration

Hellbender

Re: Poor Politics [Re: Liberty]
      #113974 - 09/06/07 06:44 PM

Huh?

--------------------
A government survey has shown that 91% of illegal immigrants come to this country so that they can see their own doctor.

Liberty

#114022 - 09/06/07 08:37 PM

even you're not that stupid as to not see how the dems and media folk have tried to cast this entire war and administration under their Vietnam and Nixon templates.

but this whole idea of comparing crap only plays into the dem's hands. they want you seeking comparisons so that their bullchit comparisons suddenly have merit.

the Iraq War is the Iraq War period, it compares to nothing else in our history, just as the Gulf War compared to nothing else, or the Vietnam conflict compared to nothing else or the Korean conflict compared to nothing else or WWII and how it didn't compare at all to WWI.

Comparisons are stupid exercises of the media and people who want to draw upon them to criticize or over congratulate, rather than doing the real work which is pointing a damn camera and saying look here folks this is what this is like.

Hellbender

#114095 - 09/06/07 11:03 PM

Maybe I'm just cornfused Lib.

I don't think the Dems are trying to make any real effort in comparing Iraq with 'Nam.
At one point they did, but I think someone whispered in their ear and reminded them that a Democrat escalated it under a falsehood that was created, and then when it appeared that Ford would bring it to an honorable conclusion, they jerked funding. No they don't want to make comparisons.
The future of the Democratic party is dependent on a failure in Iraq. Its so bad that NBC won't accept the ads sponsored by the veterans parents, sick. The Dems job is not make it obvious to the American people.
Nixon? What comparison do they want to make to Nixon?
I guess I'm insulated from the BS, because except for you I don't listen to the mainstream media aside from FOX, you scare me enough.

--------------------

Liberty

#114135 - 09/07/07 12:39 AM

I'm about as mainstream as a dry fork

but then you sit around passing off the liberals' ideas of forest management and think you're original so go figure

Hellbender

#114184 - 09/07/07 11:25 AM

Quote:

but then you sit around passing off the liberals' ideas of forest management and think you're original so go figure

Of course I've actually hunted in those timberlands, worked in the timber industry, and voted for Goldwater and Reagan, but then again I've never worked in the "information" industry.

Back to how Nixon entered this?

--------------------

Liberty

#114426 - 09/07/07 08:55 PM

wow you hunted in those timberlands that just impresses the hell out of me, I just now walked through an entire drainage that was completely destroyed by a firestorm last weekend.

HB, quit being an ass about everything, you aren't an idiot, you voted for Reagan. you lived through Nixon, you lived through Vietnam you saw the media then, you see the media now, quit drinking the pabst and figure it out, it's pretty damn obvious.

Hellbender

#114432 - 09/07/07 09:08 PM

Quote:

it's pretty damn obvious.

Well I'm still hung up on:

Quote:

I'm about as mainstream as a dry fork

Does that mean your arguments won't hold water?

How is it you can traipse through the forest daily and post on here every 3 hours, or less.

I let you go, well I gave up on the Yellowstone Beavers, but are you going to fill me in where Nixon fits into the Democrats comparisons? Surely you're not talking about lying. Why would they do that with Slick Willy still running around.

--------------------

Liberty

#114456 - 09/07/07 10:38 PM

I live in the forest, unlike your past experience in the sage brush desert

Liberty

#114458 - 09/07/07 10:47 PM

now as to your stupid questioning

uhh every damn time they run a poll they compare it to Nixon, every trap they lay, is a trap they laid for Nixon and if you think a bunch of media types think that their audience remembers that Clinton lied, you hold the leftist media in too high an asteem.

oh and I gave you the answer as to why that group mentioned the beavers were being run out of Yellowstone, you can disagree with it, but that ain't no skin off my back, it wasn't my report.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2405 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Jaeger 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 678

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page