CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: << 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | >> (show all)
griffinAdministrator
administrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: HAUS]
      #259706 - 06/17/19 08:37 AM

So how was Hofbrau? The redhead and I have been contemplating a dinner/drinking night over there but haven't pulled the trigger yet after getting mixed reviews.

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: griffin]
      #259707 - 06/17/19 09:22 AM

Scott how was the fishing at Stocktank?

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

HAUS
member for now

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: Paradise

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: IIFID]
      #259708 - 06/17/19 09:39 AM

i won't be a good source of info. i went for the beer only. we had already ate at urban chestnut.

i've been brewing some german beers at our place and wanted to see how well mine compared to theirs. i was pleased with the similarities.

they had three beers on tap and two seasonals, all german styled beers, full bar and live german music.

we'll go back if we're ever up that way again, but i'm happy with a stein of beer and a hot pretzel. i'm easy to please

--------------------
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day..

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#259709 - 06/17/19 09:41 AM

It's 18 feet high.......there is NO bank. When you get to the trees the water is 20 feet deep. It's 50-100 yards of trees just to get to land. In short....it sucked. However, we could have easily won a Drum fishing tournament.

That's purely from what I remember.

The annual father's day fishing trip with the boys has a whole new flavor since they are all 21 now.

Before you make a trip down there, put your dick up on the counter and hit it with a hammer.....if that feels ok to you, then head down there.

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

sptsman

Loc: Missouri

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: HAUS]
      #259710 - 06/17/19 11:13 AM

Quote:

HAUS said:
we made the 4.5 hr drive northeast Saturday. got in town around 1030am and parked in the vicinity of 15th & Singleton in a no-parking zone and walked across the bridge to the rink and then down Market to Tucker. We stood pretty much underneath the Blues flag they had hung over the street.
Neat experience, but I told the family if they win again in the coming years, I'm staying home..

We drank free beer at Urban Chestnut and then drove to Hofbrau in Belleville for more. It was a well spent Father's Day weekend.

Glad you made it and enjoyed the weekend. We got down there around 10:30 as well and parked in the garage at Olive and Locust, only a few blocks from Market. We crossed over and met up with some friends at 14th and Market for a nice view of the parade. Had a great time watching the players interact with everyone. If touching the Cup was a lifelong dream, that was the place to be. O'Reilly made sure anyone that wanted to touch it could do so.

By the time they got to the Rally at the Arch, it was pretty much a drunken chit-show. I'm not sure one player was sober enough to say anything worth listening to. But everyone soaked it all in and I didn't see any stupidity by the fans, unless you consider Brett Hull a fan. He was hammered by 8:00am and it seemed to go downhill from there...

Those things aren't my cup of tea but I am glad I went. It was pretty cool to be a part of it all. Looking Forward to next year's parade!!

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Reged: 12/22/05

#259711 - 06/17/19 11:28 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
It's 18 feet high.......there is NO bank. When you get to the trees the water is 20 feet deep. It's 50-100 yards of trees just to get to land. In short....it sucked. However, we could have easily won a Drum fishing tournament.

That's purely from what I remember.

The annual father's day fishing trip with the boys has a whole new flavor since they are all 21 now.

Before you make a trip down there, put your dick up on the counter and hit it with a hammer.....if that feels ok to you, then head down there.

That put it nicely. The high wind on Friday was fun too. Snapping the Helix mount off the console was a joy. 3-4 foot rollers on that lake is sure fun.
LOZ is rolling so hard from Truman dam a man can’t fish it either for eyes. Jigs and rig can’t stay on the bottom. Trolling is nearly useless. Truman will be tried in a couple weeks, but I imagine it will suck ass with it 30 plus feet high. A man might have to venture OOS close to MOMO for some eye fishing this summer.

--------------------
It’s better to be hated for who you are, instead of loved for who you aren’t.

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: sptsman]
      #259712 - 06/17/19 11:31 AM

Yeah it was at 876.8 when we got there and was 879.8 when we left three days later which is about 5 feet lower than what you guys were dealing with last week. Fish are scattered all over the place. And I have a feeling that it's going to be kind of jacked for most of the summer.

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#259713 - 06/17/19 11:34 AM

I think the new St. Louis term for getting totally forked up is going to have to be "Man, I got Hulled last night", doesn't it? LOL

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#259717 - 06/17/19 12:36 PM

Quote:

IIFID said:
I think the new St. Louis term for getting totally forked up is going to have to be "Man, I got Hulled last night", doesn't it? LOL

Possibly.....personally, I'd like to to see alcohol content of a beer changed to alcohull. You know, 5% alcohull, or for your favorite IPA 8.2% alcohull.

We should not waste this opportunity before the poor bastard heads off to the Joe Willie Namath Rehab and Fried Chicken Center.

griffin

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#259718 - 06/17/19 12:38 PM

I like it! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#259719 - 06/17/19 12:46 PM

Four Hands, Schlafly, Urban Chestnut, etc.. are really missing a prize marketing opportunity if they don't take advantage of this..

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#259720 - 06/17/19 04:22 PM

Hey MB....can the people of Toronto not have a celebration without shooting each other? What is wrong up there.....do we need to send Brett Hull in??

griffin

--------------------

MB2

#259721 - 06/17/19 07:08 PM

Quote:

griffin said:
Hey MB....can the people of Toronto not have a celebration without shooting each other? What is wrong up there.....do we need to send Brett Hull in??

griffin

I had a standard audit, by our industry council, scheduled for last Friday morning at 10.30 am. The girl rolls in, 6'1", in red All Star High Tops. She had been down there Thursday night, and didn't get home until 4 a.m. Friday.

That crowd was incredible today, doesn't anyone work, any longer? They have to ruin everything.

I'm live further away from the city now, and today is my granddaughter's 3rd birthday, but we have been celebrating it all weekend, without incident, with kids on ATV's and dirt bikes.

It's seriously methed up, the way these crowds run from scene to scene. Glad the cops have a couple of suspects. :rollseyes:

MB2

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: MB2]
      #259722 - 06/17/19 08:33 PM

A video shot by my nephew. His is one of the first companies licensed to video by drone now. Mostly, it's about security, but license holders also have to follow distance restrictions when filming wildlife.

https://www.instagram.com/p/By1VS8Vgz5F/...VO6jXP7eFNVy5BY

last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

#259723 - 06/18/19 05:55 AM

Did not go but did see the dvr version.

Pretty much night and day from the Rams parade so many years ago and the recent Cardinal celebrations.

Like it or not, hockey players have always had their own ideas on how to have fun and they brought the fans in on it as much as they could.

Pretty sure these guys still can't believe what they pulled off.

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: last_stand]
      #259724 - 06/18/19 07:32 AM

I watched it on a replay Sunday night. I'm sure it didn't do it justice, but it had the look of a whole bunch of people who couldn't believed it happened. LOL

I'm glad the fans didn't go all basketball with the celebration.....I had faith that they would represent the city well, and they did. Good for all of you who attended!

griffin

--------------------

sptsman

Loc: Missouri

#259725 - 06/18/19 08:37 AM

Quote:

griffin said:

griffin

I'm sure that had a lot more to do with the NBA fans than the citizenry of Toronto. Just a few bangers looking for some street cred. You know, poppin' few caps at dat parade be some dope chit... See wat I'm sayin'... Dats dope!!

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: sptsman]
      #259729 - 06/18/19 09:38 AM

Quote:

sptsman said:
Quote:

griffin said:

griffin

I'm sure that had a lot more to do with the NBA fans than the citizenry of Toronto. Just a few bangers looking for some street cred. You know, poppin' few caps at dat parade be some dope chit... See wat I'm sayin'... Dats dope!!

I have no idea what you are saying......see?

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#259736 - 06/18/19 01:51 PM

I'd guess you've all seen the video of Zach Sanford blowing chunks all over hisself and the driver during the parade? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

--------------------

MB2

#259737 - 06/18/19 03:40 PM

Quote:

IIFID said:
I'd guess you've all seen the video of Zach Sanford blowing chunks all over hisself and the driver during the parade? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Grey Goose might happen in Vegas, but it doesn't necessarily stay there. Raised on the alohull content of Yankee beer, much?

last_stand

#259739 - 06/19/19 05:42 PM

Did ya'll hear the Blues won the Stanley Cup this year?

The Lord Stanley Cup?

"Sinnnnnnngggggggin in the rain...."

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

NHL Awards tonight.

Blues are potentially up for 5 but will be lucky to get 1.

Funny, that's ok with me.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: last_stand]
      #259742 - 06/19/19 09:36 PM

So the Blues head Coach..........”Interim” Head Coach takes the last place losers in January to a playoff team, who wins the Stanley Cup.........as underdogs pretty much each round of the playoffs, until the “experts” saw a change in the series.

Not only does he not win, but he doesn’t even finish forking second???? Did the other two coaches in front of him cure cancer or solve World Hunger??

I get the kid not winning Rookie of the Year. Statistically the other dude was way better and made some history with his run

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: H2ODOG]
      #259743 - 06/19/19 09:49 PM

The voting is done at the end of the regular season, no amount of playoff heroics is going to make a single difference.

It's hard to argue against Cooper.....if that's who got it, I didn't watch or look. That team only lost 15 games or so and the team's goal differential was somewhere over +100. Geez....I would hope he got the award. If it went to Trotz.....nah.

Same goes with Binnington.....and I would imagine the voting was much closer than the voting for Coach of the year, but Pettersson.....if that's who got it, had one hell of a rookie season....a FULL season.

griffin

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#259744 - 06/19/19 11:37 PM

Cooper was 2nd.........and Trotz had 10 more 1st place votes over Cooper.

Figure that one out.

--------------------

last_stand

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: H2ODOG]
      #259745 - 06/20/19 05:38 AM

I don't mind Trotz winning.......he is definitely one the the leagues best. Couldn't believe the year the Isles had after losing Tavares.

Chief and Binnington had too short of a run for full consideration.

Thought O'Reilly couldn't have had a better week but he did. Of any single one, he was the guy that showed the Blues how to do this thing all year long.

--------------------

Pages: << 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4203 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 31600

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page