CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: << 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | >> (show all)
H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Reged: 12/22/05

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: last_stand]
      #259670 - 06/13/19 12:49 AM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Quote:

IIFID said:
Good luck at Stocktank gents. I was down there 5/21-5/23. We actually only were able to fish less than a day and a half due to storms. We were in Stockton when the tornado that killed the folks in Golden City passed by - too much excitement. The lake came up almost 3 feet in three days.The rapid rise sure jacked with the fish. We had a great time though, caught some fish, ate well and drank many beverages.

I'll be down there in a few weeks...prolly late for the best walleye I suppose.

I'd ask dawg for some good tips to catch them....but......well.....I pretty much already know the answer. bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

The best walleye fishing at Stocktank is just getting started. It gets better as the summer goes if you know how to catch them.

The best tip I can give you is catch them in the mouth and keep pressure on them.

--------------------
It’s better to be hated for who you are, instead of loved for who you aren’t.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Reged: 12/22/05

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: griffin]
      #259671 - 06/13/19 12:52 AM

After decades of the struggle bus, this picture can FINALLY be retired. I’m not sure I like the guy hiding it initially, but I’ll take it

--------------------
It’s better to be hated for who you are, instead of loved for who you aren’t.

MB2

Reged: 12/14/05

#259672 - 06/13/19 05:36 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
I don't care much about individual trophy's and accolades.....but this much is not disputable....Jordan Binnington will forever be the first rookie goalie to win 16 playoff games. It can never be broken.......only tied.

Binnington may not win the Calder Trophy (rookie of the year if you don't know), I guess the voting is done before the playoffs start....but we know, and he deserves it without question.

Thank you Jordan Binnington!!! This would not have happened without you!

griffin

Winner, winner. Chicken Dinner!

It's been a good trip down memory lane, and sometimes it's difficult not to give up on these kids nowadays, but it is always better to live in the future!

Last night, the town finally approved my application for a permit to build a new building. Now I've got to find some big, strapping Canadian kids to build it! Beards optional, of course.

Congrats, enjoy, then go out and repeat, folks!

DjF
little buddie

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: staring at an empty mailbox...

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: MB2]
      #259673 - 06/13/19 06:24 AM

Was able to watch much of the game last night between flipping channels, watching the Royals and the Blues, my opinion, the Blues hit better than the Royals...congrats my friends, I know you have been waiting for a long time, enjoy it!

--------------------
somewhere between "Hi, how can we help you?" and "Get off my lawn!"

last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: DjF]
      #259674 - 06/13/19 07:23 AM

STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS

I said

STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love this team!

Hell I love every body here!!!

Even you too Dawg!!

I'm going out to have a fine, fine day!!!!!!

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

HAUS
member for now

Loc: Paradise

#259675 - 06/13/19 07:51 AM

i started watching the blues and hockey in general in the mid 90's. a gal I was dating was originally from union, mo and her dad was a big fan. we were just starting to get the games on the newly formed fox Midwest, so we would go to her house and I would watch the games with her dad..

I've been a baseball guy my whole life, but I was drawn in to the game because I didn't know anything about it. it sure wasn't boring. I never watched any games in the barn (but did see it before it was demo'd) and have watched a couple games in the new building, it was the kiel center back then.

anyway, I've been following them ever since and it's very cool to see the city win the big one!
congrats to all you guys farting dust who have watched them since the original team!

--------------------
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day..

sptsman

Loc: Missouri

#259676 - 06/13/19 08:14 AM

What an incredible run!! I was nervous as a whore in church even after goal #3. The sphincter relaxed a little but not much. I really felt good when they got up 3-0 and kept up the offensive pressure. That's when I knew they were going to win it!!

Binnington is a story for the ages. He was a huge part, probably the single biggest part of the turnaround.

The coaching staff deserves a ton of credit. The Blues quietly assembled a who's who of coaching and those guys brought a style of play that suited the roster. I am especially impressed with Mike Van Ryn and Larry Robinson. Between the talent assembled by DA and the system put in place by MVR and LR, this is probably the best defensive corps in the NHL, when they are all healthy. A few of the old guys will move on but young guns like Parayko and Dunn will fill those spots quite well. Let's hope they can keep this staff and the core players together for a few more years.

Ryan O'Reilly was the off-season pick-up that I thought was going to make the Blues much better and man did he look good all season. Even when the Blues sucked, he was their best player. I know Binnington gets most of the credit for the turnaround but O'Reilly has been the best, and most consistent player for all 238 games they played this season...

Steen, Bozak and a few of the older guys will not be around much longer and it looks like the Blues have a pretty good crop of young players to infill.

I now have a dilemma. I have a project in Boston that I will be visiting more than 3 or 4 times between now and August. Do I stick my finger in their collective eye and wear my Blues paraphernalia when there or just play it low key? Normally, I would play it low key but these folks are arrogant, obnoxious and just overall unlikable, when it comes to how they act about their sports teams. I may just dress up my hard hat with a bluenote and call it a day...

Looking forward to the parade. Can't imagine my spot is still there but I'll check. Either way, I'll put my Ruger in my pocket and head down to be part of the crowd. It will be fun to watch the masses celebrate.

When does next season start?

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

HAUS
member for now

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: sptsman]
      #259678 - 06/13/19 10:26 AM

if a guy was coming from the sw for the parade, where's the best place to go? my 16 y/o son wants to come up.

--------------------

last_stand

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: HAUS]
      #259679 - 06/13/19 10:42 AM

Haus I don't even know the time or place of the parade.

If it's Market Street, union station has a park across the street and is a nice setting. And heck go inside the old Station lobby and look up, that domed ceiling is still something to behold.

I'm off fishing on a 3 day....but I might come back for this sucker.

Sptsman...hell yes where your Blue dude.

Vast majority of those Boston idiots on the hockey board still claim Binnington was lucky and the Blues cheated.

--------------------

HAUS
member for now

#259680 - 06/13/19 11:04 AM

newspaper website said 18th & Market to Broadway, noon Saturday.

when we used to come up for games, we'd park at umsl and ride the train over. last time I was up for a game, we drank beers at schalfly taproom and walked to the stadium. that was a bad idea when the game was over..

sptsman, i'd wear the gear unless your job was at stake.

lastly, I feel like such a tool for burning my blues stuff like bailey told me to do.. now I have to buy new stuff

--------------------

last_stand

#259681 - 06/13/19 11:30 AM

Be careful on the Metro link.....lots of problems these days.

If your with fam I'd park way west of 18th and just take a nice hike!

That's a short parade run so it's going to be pretty crowded.

If I don't make it, give Chief a big thumbs up for me!

--------------------

sptsman

Loc: Missouri

#259682 - 06/13/19 11:43 AM

Haus - Stay off the train. Metrolink will have extra officers but that just reduces it from deadly to dangerous. You can park downtown, within 3-5 blocks of Market Street if you get there a few hours early. Just head towards Market, between 18th and Broadway and try to find a spot.

Another option is to park a few miles away at a shopping center or someplace like the Galleria or The Promenade at Brentwood and take an Uber/Lyft to the SLU campus area (or Market & Jefferson) then walk to the parade route. Getting an Uber/Lyft back after the parade will be a challenge. The further you walk away from the crowd, towards wherever you parked the better the odds of getting an Uber/Lyft.

Parking will not be cheap within a mile of the parade route. Just keep that in mind.

It will likely be crowded, even in the rain. Plan on everything you do taking longer than expected. Traffic will be a nightmare within 5 miles of the parade route and the rain will only make that worse. I'm sure I don't have to tell you but keep you're head on a swivel and pay attention to your surroundings. It should be a pretty safe environment but most criminals are criminals of opportunity. They will be down there. Don't be one of their victims...

I'm sure it will be one hell of an experience for you and your son. Enjoy it. Soak it all in!!!

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: sptsman]
      #259683 - 06/13/19 11:58 AM

I'm headed to the lake.....fork a parade and half a millon poser fans.

Get off my lawn!!!!!

griffin

P.S. if you see my twins down there, just head the other way.....we raised them not to be afraid of anything or anybody......I'd like to have that idea back. They'll come in on S. Broadway....like a tornado. If they go North of Market they'll have to deal with the only thing they ARE afraid of.

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

HAUS
member for now

#259684 - 06/13/19 12:22 PM

I appreciate the info from everyone. I reckon we'll find a spot nearby and walk. I don't mind walking a ways as long as there's daylight, i'm good to go, otherwise i'm afraid of the dark..

i'm content to stay at home, but the kids are finally old enough to appreciate this.

hate to say this, but every time I have gone to the city, any city, the best part of the trip was getting the hell out of it.

good luck to everyone on the water. a parade of boats trolling is my kind of parade.

--------------------

last_stand

#259685 - 06/13/19 12:54 PM

Taking off now...it's been a great day now it's fishing!!

So much running through my mind.

The guys I b1tched about (but never hated) are worth the mention.

Steen...took his demotion and killed at it.

JBo...complete resurgence to what might even be his best hockey of his career.

Petro...and odd year, so much early sloppy play, lackadasical. But the guy just had some 20 points in the play offs and played monster D

Perron.....can't help it, even when pizzed at him...I just like that guy and yes, he had a strong strong play off for the first time in his career

Now the rest, I could mention every one. I have no qualms with O'Reilly getting the mvp but truth is it's dead even with Binner. At least O'Reilly is Irish. bwaaaa

Binner...I love you man. Not sure you are human, but it's all good bro. A story that rivals and in my mind surpasses Warner....so far anyway.

Senko lights out...200 feet....this was his best season of hockey ever and his goals were down. He is now a player.

Schenn, Schwartz....on and on.

The future? Not sure about how it will work with the cap but Sunny, Barbs, Blais, Thomas....good grief and all will be cheap.

Parayko....the monster in him finally came out. He has Norris all over him. The rest of that D core were all key to being the best in the NHL.

Lastly, kind of why and how so many stories led up to this...the Sanford kid....in the dog house the past few months....then steps into the games biggest spotlight and becomes a man.

A fun summer ahead....bask in this glorious sunlight and then discuss trades coming up that we can actually be afraid to make.

Just think Bubba.....there's no off season for this team....this year.

Thanks again boys! Thank You!

--------------------

last_stand

#259686 - 06/13/19 12:58 PM

Grif I sent u 2 pm's and this puter says I haven't.

That's a big yes to your offer and thanks again.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

#259687 - 06/13/19 01:04 PM

There are players on this team I just don't like.....but I don't hate 'em anymore. It's not like they backed into this Cup win. They fought and clawed for every win. These are not goal scorers, but they're damn sure hockey players.....or at least they became hockey players under Berube. I wish they had another series. I can't remember when I just enjoyed Blues hockey the way they played it during the playoffs....the way it's SUPPOSED to be played.....smothering defense, top notch goaltending, hard hitting, and a relentless forecheck!!

I'm glad we've only got a couple months until they get going again.......I know that team needs a rest.....but I don't. My recliner and beer fridge are in top shape and ready to go!!!

Go Blues!!!

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

HAUS
member for now

#259689 - 06/14/19 11:56 AM

and just like that.... all was quiet in the sports forum

--------------------

wuchangAdministrator
spiritual advisor and gatekeeper to the Spirit World

Loc: uphill

#259690 - 06/14/19 12:35 PM

Quote:

HAUS said:
and just like that.... all was quiet in the sports forum

I'm sure the Cardinals lackluster play will soon elevate the level of discussion

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: wuchang]
      #259691 - 06/14/19 01:34 PM

How about them Chefs?

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

Bubba
strangesly aroused

Loc: Lemmingstan

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: IIFID]
      #259700 - 06/16/19 11:05 AM

It is official! This joint is now the House that Last Stand Built!!

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: Bubba]
      #259702 - 06/16/19 03:55 PM

Last Stand = just like The Babe!

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: IIFID]
      #259703 - 06/16/19 03:55 PM

BTW Apparently the Blues players and front office all went to Vegas together. Can you imagine that party?

--------------------

wuchangAdministrator
spiritual advisor and gatekeeper to the Spirit World

Loc: uphill

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: Bubba]
      #259704 - 06/16/19 07:34 PM

Quote:

Bubba said:
It is official! This joint is now the House that Last Stand Built!!

Great....when the next light bill comes in, I know who to forward it to

HAUS
member for now

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: wuchang]
      #259705 - 06/17/19 08:29 AM

we made the 4.5 hr drive northeast Saturday. got in town around 1030am and parked in the vicinity of 15th & Singleton in a no-parking zone and walked across the bridge to the rink and then down Market to Tucker. We stood pretty much underneath the Blues flag they had hung over the street.
Neat experience, but I told the family if they win again in the coming years, I'm staying home..

We drank free beer at Urban Chestnut and then drove to Hofbrau in Belleville for more. It was a well spent Father's Day weekend.

--------------------

Pages: << 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3309 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 31599

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page