CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: << 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | >> (show all)
griffinAdministrator
administrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: MB2]
      #259516 - 06/03/19 09:50 PM

Quote:

LongTimeGone said:
There was a game on?

Dude.....seriously? When was the last time you missed dodgeball on ESPN 8.....the Ocho???

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
MB2

Reged: 12/14/05

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: griffin]
      #259517 - 06/03/19 09:57 PM

Quote:

griffin said:
Quote:

LongTimeGone said:
There was a game on?

Dude.....seriously? When was the last time you missed tennis on ESPN 8.....the Ocho???

Oh, some things still come through, loud and clear even on the rabbit ears. Especially sarcasm, and irony.

Real life, still more funny than anything you can make up!

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Btums Thread [Re: MB2]
      #259518 - 06/03/19 10:02 PM

Don't I know it.

I've had a front row seat for quite a run.

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Reged: 12/22/05

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Btums Thread [Re: griffin]
      #259519 - 06/04/19 05:20 AM

I wish someone would break Krug’s jaw with a puck.........after the abuse his midget ass on the boards all night long for 3 periods. FORK THAT KUNT.

Grzelcyk Might be out for Game 5. Chara is questionable. I now he didn’t run his forking mouth when he returned.

Dunn coming back was big. Too bad Thomas isn’t healthy. Might come
Down to attrition. Bruins are getting beat up and the Blouse need to keep hitting and stay out of the penalty box.

--------------------
It’s better to be hated for who you are, instead of loved for who you aren’t.

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: sptsman]
      #259520 - 06/04/19 05:44 AM

Quote:

sptsman said:
Hard to imagine supposed Blues fans being so gleeful about a loss and potentially not winning the Cup. But I guess that what you get when you've put all your eggs in the I-hate-half-of-this-team basket and would rather they lose, so you can say I-told-you-so than seeing a Cup hoisted. Glad I'm not that sort of fan...

Go Blues!!

Andy.........dude.............do You believe everything your read on the internet. LS has been trolled most of the season........and now you. You’re smarter than that. A homer fan turned off the TV after it was a 4 goal lead. Even with an abortion of a game on the TV, I know the people you speak of had the game on until the last horn. Even when Jake Allen’s dumbass came in, the game stayed on.

You can hate players on a team and still want the team to win. I hated Izzy
With The Cardinals but sure as fork wouldn’t give up a WS team because of him. Dotel, John Jay. Edwin Jackson......all on the 2011 WS title team.......still hate them. Still got rings.

--------------------

last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

#259521 - 06/04/19 05:51 AM

Quote:

sptsman said:

Otherwise a few of our resident posters will get their way and be able to say I-told-you-so!!

Go Blues!!

I dunno. The biggest one of all might get his computer taken away for wetting his bed.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

14 down. 2 to go.

And it's all up hill. But if you asked me when the series started if I'd take 2-2 I'd have said hell yes.

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

last_stand

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: H2ODOG]
      #259522 - 06/04/19 06:03 AM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Quote:

sptsman said:
Hard to imagine supposed Blues fans being so gleeful about a loss and potentially not winning the Cup. But I guess that what you get when you've put all your eggs in the I-hate-half-of-this-team basket and would rather they lose, so you can say I-told-you-so than seeing a Cup hoisted. Glad I'm not that sort of fan...

Go Blues!!

Andy.........dude.............do You believe everything your read on the internet. LS has been trolled most of the season........and now you. You’re smarter than that. A homer fan turned off the TV after it was a 4 goal lead. Even with an abortion of a game on the TV, I know the people you speak of had the game on until the last horn. Even when Jake Allen’s dumbass came in, the game stayed on.

With The Cardinals but sure as fork wouldn’t give up a WS field because I’d him. Dot, John Jay. Edwin Jackson......all on the 2011 WS title team.......still hate them. Still got rings.

Trolled?

You mean....everything he said that's dead wrong was Trolling?

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

As classic as that excuse is, I believe good old fashioned dumb ass is what it's called.

You twins twins wouldn't admit to being wrong if your life depended on it.
Oh, aside from those "poles". You slipped and fessed up good there, I was proud of you dawg.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: last_stand]
      #259523 - 06/04/19 06:14 AM

I could prolly go 7/32 if it helps.

--------------------

HAUS
member for now

Loc: Paradise

#259524 - 06/04/19 08:13 AM

I don't care about the finer points of the game, but I thoroughly enjoyed watching Dunn play and Sundqvist beat the chit out of people all evening, and that's the truth. No fishing here..

--------------------
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day..

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#259525 - 06/04/19 08:18 AM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Quote:

sptsman said:

Go Blues!!

With The Cardinals but sure as fork wouldn’t give up a WS field because I’d him. Dot, John Jay. Edwin Jackson......all on the 2011 WS title team.......still hate them. Still got rings.

Trolled?

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

As classic as that excuse is, I believe good old fashioned dumb ass is what it's called.

Oh, aside from those "poles". You slipped and fessed up good there, I was proud of you dawg.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Go find where i said I hate 3/16 of this team or 1/4 or 1/2...............and while your at it Grandpa, find where i said I don’t want them to win the cup or want them to fail.

I’ll wait. Go dig through all 50 plus pages. Have someone read the confusing words to you if need be. You’ve been trolled all damn season, but still don’t realize it. Just like your boy DeJong........you struggle with the curve balls thrown your direction.

--------------------

last_stand

#259526 - 06/04/19 09:00 AM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Quote:

last_stand said:
Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Quote:

sptsman said:

Go Blues!!

Trolled?

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Go find where i said I hate 3/16 of this team or 1/4 or 1/2...............and while your at it Grandpa, find where i said I don’t want them to win the cup or want them to fail.

I’ll wait. Go dig through all 50 plus pages. Have someone read the confusing words to you if need be. You’ve been trolled all damn season, but still don’t realize it. Just like your boy DeJong........you struggle with the curve balls thrown your direction.

ummmmm....Mr Mellow.....I don't know what the fork you are talking about.

Trolling....bwaaaaaaaaaa....maybe you should read the 50 pages.

Me, I'm happy.

--------------------

last_stand

#259527 - 06/04/19 09:03 AM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Quote:

last_stand said:
Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Quote:

sptsman said:

Go Blues!!

Trolled?

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Trolling....bwaaaaaaaaaa....hey yeah we're all trolling.....some by dumbasses....maybe you should read the 50 pages.

Me, I'm happy.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#259528 - 06/04/19 09:09 AM

3/16.....that's my limit. I can't, in good conscience, go any lower. 3/16 of that team can kiss my ass. They laid down for years until Berube showed up and put their careers on the line.

It's more like 1/4, but I'll give LS 1/16 for sticking with them.

Just FYI - I'll be switching to the decimal system for the remaining playoff games.

griffin

--------------------

sptsman

Loc: Missouri

#259529 - 06/04/19 02:44 PM

Well, well, well... What a somber day for the I-hate-a-percentage-of-the-team fans. Looks like a full team effort brought home a W and got them right back in this thing. That's right, every single player. So, step back from the ledge and calm down. It will all be OK, even if they win the Cup.

Whew, must be a lot of work keeping track of who to hate and who to watch with some measure of enjoyment. Not sure I could handle those ups and downs. How terrible it must be to see one of the undeserving's make a play or GASP!!, score a goal. That must be more deflating than watching the Blues give up a SHG. What's a Blues hater to do with that? How tormenting...

Chara may not be able to go for them in Game 5. That would be good thing for the Blues but I'm not so sure it is a game changer, unless the Bruins allow it be. The Blues are still the underdogs, to be sure but I would not rule out another win in Beantown. At this point anything is possible...

Hey griff, how long has it been since Nashville has played a game?

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#259530 - 06/04/19 03:35 PM

Actually, with Grzelcyk and Chara (broken jaw confirmed) probably out, and Miller questionable, it's a REALLY big deal. Losing half your defense corps is a possible coffin nail for any team. I don't know how deep they are back there, but it's likely not enough if those players can't go.

Unless they come back, I doubt anyone makes the Blues the underdog......they were favorites in Vegas for game 4....it will be worse for game 5.

The issue will be whether the new Blues show up or if the Blubs make an appearance. The series, if those injuries hold, is theirs to lose. (they still aren't much of a force if they don't score first and get the momentum.....Perron, etc. tend to fall off the page and try to fight the opposing goalie....the safest bet )

BTW - it's pretty easy to keep track of the 16.473% of the team I can't stand.

griffin

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#259531 - 06/04/19 03:55 PM

And for chrissakes, LS......if this board was Wicked Tuna and we were all REALLY trolling for fun.....I'd be Tuna.com and you'd be Paul Hebert on the Wicked Pissah with your 30 foot boat and pain med addiction. Just keep your forking anchor out of the way.

And Andy......the Hard Merchandise captain.....just drive the boat and let your daughter do the reeling.....you might have a shot.

Dog.....just keep Pinwheel in the game. bwaaaaaaaaahahahaha!!!

griffin

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#259532 - 06/04/19 05:34 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Quote:

last_stand said:
Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Quote:

sptsman said:

Go Blues!!

Trolled?

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Trolling....bwaaaaaaaaaa....maybe you should read the 50 pages.

Me, I'm happy.

Way to crawfish and not find anything about hate for the whole damn team or i want them to lose the cup.

Carry on Grandpa

GET OFF MY LAWN

--------------------

last_stand

#259533 - 06/05/19 05:41 AM

I doubt it anyway but I might consider trying to answer your question if I knew wtf you are talking about.

Where did I say you hate the team?

I mean....if I did ....I prolly got you confused with the twin.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

last_stand

#259534 - 06/05/19 05:48 AM

Last 3 games have 3 days rest favors Bruins to lick their wounds.

--------------------

sptsman

Loc: Missouri

#259535 - 06/05/19 07:26 AM

I suspect the Bruins will do like San Jose and run someone out on the ice that isn't even close to 100%. They'll figure an experienced veteran at 60% - 70% is better than an inexperienced youngn'. That is almost always a mistake in my book. It would be especially bad if that player were 42 years old and risking permanent damage. Not the ideal place for a young player to be tested but sometimes they rise to the occasion. Let's hope they run one or more of the injured out there, now that we have a team that knows how to attack and exploit weakness. Rattling an injured Chara a few times may prove to be just what it takes to keep him from being effective. You can bet your arse he will be given a solid check anytime they can, if he plays.

Keys to game five are pretty much the same as every game in this series with an emphasis on staying out of the penalty box. I have to wonder if there has been any talk amongst the Blues staff about declining penalties on the Bruins...

By the way, the Vegas odds have little to do with who anyone thinks is going to win, in these games. They are simply to influence the betting. Vegas has some exposure if the Blues win and they're trying to mitigate that exposure. Giving a little nudge to the Boston bettors does just that.

How bout that dude that put down $400, when they were 250-1 to win the cup. I hope he was smart enough to hedge that bet and make himself at least $25K or more (he has about $50K guaranteed, if he wants to go that route). Then again, if he was the type to lay down $400 clams on 250-1 odds, he's likely not going to be the type to hedge his bets...

Running down to Market St. today to see if my lawn chairs are still there, holding my place for the parade...

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#259537 - 06/05/19 07:38 AM

If half the regular corps of defense can't go for the Bruins then the Blues become the favorite......simple as that. In light of how they beat down Dallas and Sam Jose....this is starting to look familiar. This is no longer an anomaly....it's what they do.

Cassidy talking about going with 11 forwards and 7 defensemen if his group of 3 can't play......I doubt he'd carry through and it's likely just playoff bluster.....but PLEASE do.

griffin

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#259539 - 06/05/19 08:20 PM

And now it looks like they'll run Bortuzzo instead of that forking Edmundson...thank God....puts me down to hating only 12.673% of the team.

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#259540 - 06/06/19 05:35 AM

I did not understand pulling Bortz in game 4. But they won and he is rested now. This is the Blues best D for game 5.

Patterns a funny thing. Blues are 6-1 for games 5,6,7 so far. Binner has been very good along those lines.

But this Boston series Blues have stunk it up in games 1 and 3 and now they are looking at 5. Blues are 0-2 with tonights whistle blowing refs too.

Gimme another game 4. Clean and hard. Pound that D. Gimme Binners best game of the whole play offs.

Are church doors still open at 7:00? I need to stop by and light a candle.

--------------------

last_stand

#259541 - 06/06/19 05:37 AM

Oh yeah, fork Boston, fork their fans and fork who ever the forker is that waves that stupid forking flag tonight.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#259544 - 06/06/19 08:27 AM

That's 3 forks, a forker, and a forking......I'm in!!!

griffin

--------------------

Pages: << 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3457 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 31599

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page