CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: << 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | >> (show all)
last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: griffin]
      #259397 - 05/20/19 06:04 AM

Just so you know, as each series has progressed, you sound more and more like the town drunk.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

That was pretty much a clinic they put on. Sharks out hit the Blues by 20 but they're whining for like 4 Blues to be suspended. Remember DeBoer in '16? bwaaaaaaaaa

Just close this thing out boys. And Dear God, if listening, I would prefer Tuesday.

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
griffinAdministrator
administrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: last_stand]
      #259398 - 05/20/19 07:51 AM

Dude....you did it again with the pills didn't you?

The Blues win 5-0, win faceoffs nearly 60-40, have 20 more shots on goal, send a rifle squad to the locker room with injuries, and you want to point out that the Blues were "out hit".

This series is over. San Jose has nothing left.

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

sptsman

Loc: Missouri

#259399 - 05/20/19 07:54 AM

Welp, I step away for a few days and there are 4 or 5 pages of posts. No way I'm going back to read them all, mostly because I could probably guess what they all say and be 95% correct.

I'll bring you up to date with my take to date, since I know all of you have been wondering what the proper take should be on these games.

Game #3 - Refs blew a call, like they do frequently in the NHL. Get over it. The game was lost when the Blues turtle'd and went into a shell in the last 5 mins. And if you want to assign blame (I don't), pin it on Pietrangelo for panicking under pressure and icing the puck.

Game #4 - A character win but still let their foot off the gas and tried to coast to a win. That game could have easily gone either way.

Game #5 - Nothing more to say that hasn't been said. Total domination that may have demoralized the Sharks enough to make game #6 an easy win, if the Blues play like they want it. Most impressive was the forechecking and the puck possession in the offensive zone. Also impressed with their discipline when the Sharks went dirty. They didn't back down but also didn't let themselves get goaded into dumb penalties. Maroon has that down to an art...

Looking forward to game #6 tomorrow night! As stated above, if the Blues play their game and keep their foot on the gas, they should put this to bed in 6. Rest assured, the Sharks are going to come out flying. I don't see them laying down until they get down by a goal or two.

MVP of this series is the Blues coaching staff. They have kept this group of players focused and made adjustments for each game that were very well thought out. It is pretty clear they put together a plan for the defense, neutral zone, offense and even the transition game. I am seeing far less of the attempted finesse passes that lead to turnovers and more of the fundamental play that is needed in playoff hockey. Most importantly, they are playing down low more, in the offensive zone. Every single one of Schwartz's goals was from in front of the net. Which is sort of ironic because that is where Pavelski has made a living and what I feared in this series.

They need to close this thing out tomorrow night. I don't see the Sharks getting their arses handed to them in their own building two games in a row...

Go Blues!!

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Reged: 12/22/05

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: sptsman]
      #259400 - 05/20/19 12:32 PM

Poor Joe!!!!

--------------------
It’s better to be hated for who you are, instead of loved for who you aren’t.

last_stand

#259401 - 05/20/19 02:30 PM

Quote:

griffin said:

The Blues win 5-0, win faceoffs nearly 60-40, have 20 more shots on goal, send a rifle squad to the locker room with injuries, and you want to point out that the Blues were "out hit".

griffin

Sorry, I should have known that was going to go over your head.

The point on hits was just for you Gomer. While the Blues were out hit, they literally clobbered the Sharks into the trainers room. A point I made repeatedly to you over the season , yet here you are, the guy who said all season they aren't tough enough, they aren't mean enough and they have no character is now telling me how the series is over after that beat down.

Oh, and they were out hit because the sharks didn't have the puck long enough to get hit more than that. bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Hey, your welcome to come on the bandwagon....I can't keep track of all the jump offs.......but that doesn't mean all the dumb chit stuff you said all season gets a pass.

Just do me a favor. Don't pick them to win..... ever......it's worked great so far.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

last_stand

#259402 - 05/20/19 02:41 PM

1st time in NHL history for post season game:

Shutout
Penalty shot goal scored
Hat trick

Not sure if it was by the same team or both/either, but it is by same team now.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#259403 - 05/20/19 05:32 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Quote:

griffin said:

griffin

Sorry, I should have known that was going to go over your head.

The point on hits was just for you Gomer. While the Blues were out hit, they literally clobbered the Sharks into the trainers room. A point I made repeatedly to you over the season , yet here you are, the guy who said all season they aren't tough enough, they aren't mean enough and they have no character is now telling me how the series is over after that beat down.

Oh, and they were out hit because the sharks didn't have the puck long enough to get hit more than that. bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Hey, your welcome to come on the bandwagon....I can't keep track of all the jump offs.......but that doesn't mean all the dumb chit stuff you said all season gets a pass.

Just do me a favor. Don't pick them to win..... ever......it's worked great so far.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Yep.....and they have been NONE of those things, until the last 3-4 months, for the last 5 years.....now they've got something going. It took a rehab in the middle of the season, and new leadership behind the bench, in the room, and on the ice.....but they are there. Now if they can keep it going!!

I'm hopeful.

Go Blues!!

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#259407 - 05/21/19 12:12 PM

Karlsson and Hertl out for game 6. Pavelski Is game time decision. The sharks will be short people and it’s gonna be tough on them. Poor Joe Thorton gonna be working extra hard all night now

--------------------

dabsAdministrator

Loc: New Money, USA

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: H2ODOG]
      #259408 - 05/21/19 09:08 PM

Okay - this should get good now. Last Stand, you have been &#128175; percent right all year

Edited by dabs (05/21/19 09:08 PM)

last_stand

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: dabs]
      #259409 - 05/21/19 09:12 PM

I love this team.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#259410 - 05/21/19 10:48 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:
I love this team.

I'm starting to. The 3 games since the hand pass, and the teams reaction to it, have showed some true character. It's about time.

Still won't be happy with anything less than a Stanley Cup.

griffin

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#259411 - 05/21/19 10:56 PM

Quote:

dabs said:
Okay - this should get good now. Last Stand, you have been &#128175; percent right all year

Yeah It took 10 seconds to find this.....there are many more:

"They are spending to the cap, they want the winner, they just have the wrong guys running the ship. That might include Stillman as representative partner.

Yeo contract
Army contract
Allen contract

Rat forked." - Last Stand

Look, I don't blame him.....there is not a single person in this city, and especially the guys who have lived and died with this team, that thought this was going to happen (except lying morons).....so everybody can save the "I told you so" bullchit.

They haven't won chit yet, and at least Pietrangelo had enough sense to not touch that damn trophy, but still, I'm gonna help you out LS.....you ready???

Bruins in 7.

GO BLUES!!!!!

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#259412 - 05/22/19 06:45 AM

Still soaking it in.

Like every championship team I've ever pulled for, it takes the stars, the moon and each and every player to make magic.

None are perfect, some are very special, but it's the whole team (perhaps save one)that literally is called upon at one time or another to win a championship. There's no losers here.

More on the Boston series later. I'm going out the door and I'm going to have a hellofa fine day.

Thank you boys! Thank You!

--------------------

last_stand

#259413 - 05/22/19 06:50 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
Quote:

dabs said:

Yeah It took 10 seconds to find this.....there are many more:

"They are spending to the cap, they want the winner, they just have the wrong guys running the ship. That might include Stillman as representative partner.

Yeo contract
Army contract
Allen contract

Rat forked." - Last Stand

Look, I don't blame him.....there is not a single person in this city, and especially the guys who have lived and died with this team, that thought this was going to happen (except lying morons).....so everybody can save the "I told you so" bullchit.

They haven't won chit yet, and at least Pietrangelo had enough sense to not touch that damn trophy, but still, I'm gonna help you out LS.....you ready???

Bruins in 7.

GO BLUES!!!!!

griffin

Lemme guess....written before January.

And even still, 2 of the three are dead on.

Any time you want a quote war dude, brang it. Your all time worstest stupidest quotes all come after January.

And Haus, if like every one else around here who doesn't listen to Gomer, and you haven't burned those jerseys just last week, you can ship those Jbo, Steen, Tarasenko and Peron jerseys up here any time.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

"We haven't won anything yet"

I believe it goes

"I haven't got anything right yet"

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

dabsAdministrator

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
      #259414 - 05/22/19 07:14 AM

I am just gonna leave this here as food for thought -

LS

Last Stand

Lord Stanley

It could explain many things

sptsman

#259415 - 05/22/19 07:15 AM

How about this... I am going to be in Boston next Tuesday and Wed. for work. I may just have to see what a single seat will cost for game #2. My guess is less than in STL. The Boston folks have been a little spoiled the last few years, so maybe they will be reasonable. They are likely to be stupid expensive here in STL due to the 50 year drought...

I have to admit, it gave me great pleasure to watch Thorton lose. I have hated that SOB since the first game I saw him play. He was not "hard-nosed" or "A character guy" or even "chippy". He was a dirty player that injured many players intentionally. A few Blues have been on that list. Ask David Perron. It was the beginning of his concussion issues in 2010. Thorton was suspended for 2 games (and lost $77K of salary). Of course there have been several others that were injured by his cheap and dirty play. Fork that arsehole. I hope the forker has a long and suffering retirement...

As for the Boston series, it is really quite simple. If they play their game, work hard every shift and say disciplined, they can win this thing. If they get away form their game or take periods off, they will get smoked. And as important as anything will be the discipline. Taking stupid penalties or getting goaded into penalties by guys like Marchand will cost them dearly.

Finally, the media will try to hype the Backes angle but it really isn't that significant. He may have a good game and may even get a few points but he is not a key to the Bruins success. Hell, he has been a healthy scratch for the Bruin in previous games. But they'll need something to write about and there are enough simpletons to soak that drivel up. Personally, I would like to see him do what he did for the Blues every year he was in the playoffs and disappear...

Go Blues!!

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#259416 - 05/22/19 10:53 AM

Quote:

dabs said:

LS

Last Stand

Lord Stanley

Nice swing......choke up a bit and move closer to the plate.

griffin

--------------------

dabsAdministrator

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
      #259417 - 05/22/19 05:07 PM

Quote:

griffin said:
Quote:

dabs said:

LS

Last Stand

Lord Stanley

Nice swing......choke up a bit and move closer to the plate.

griffin

Send the outfielders deep!!

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#259418 - 05/22/19 05:31 PM

Infield fly.......between the catcher and pitcher

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: H2ODOG]
      #259419 - 05/23/19 06:28 AM

This is a pretty good article from the Boston Globe regarding the upcoming series.

(don't worry LS, there are pictures so you won't be lost)

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/bruin...OmNO/story.html

griffin

--------------------

sptsman

#259420 - 05/23/19 10:48 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
This is a pretty good article from the Boston Globe regarding the upcoming series.

(don't worry LS, there are pictures so you won't be lost)

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/bruin...OmNO/story.html

griffin

Pretty accurate analysis. I'd say there is a good chance this could go 7 games. I think the Blues have more overall depth, in rolling 4 lines but the Bruins #1 line is deadly, if they get rolling. Hope the Blues can lock 'em down or at least limit the damage.

I assume Chara is going to be playing but will he be 100%? That would be a huge break if he were not at full speed.

--------------------

last_stand

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: sptsman]
      #259421 - 05/23/19 11:57 AM

Huh.

It says we have 4 lines solid depth.

And a great D.

I checked the comment section, and saw nothing from Gomer.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#259422 - 05/23/19 12:14 PM

You missed my comment where I said that was all a relatively new revelation with this team....THANKS TO KEY ADDITIONS.....and that for most of the last 5 years they have played like little girls?

Hmmmmmmm....you SURE you can read???

Go Blues!!

P.S. - you've never played poker have you?

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#259423 - 05/23/19 04:34 PM

I have played poker, I love poker.

I can see a bluff a mile away.

I can see a dumb chit 2 miles away.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

last_stand

#259424 - 05/23/19 04:36 PM

Hey Bubba....post up your prediction on this Stanley Cup .......I gotta know bro.

--------------------

Pages: << 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4441 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 31600

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page