CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: << 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | >> (show all)
sptsman

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: Missouri

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: griffin]
      #259268 - 05/08/19 08:57 AM

Blues in 7 as predicted. Flopper Bishop lets in the game winner off the back of his head. Does it get any better...

In all seriousness, Bishop was likely the best player on the ice all night. If it weren’t for him the Blues would have won that game 5-1. That game was far more lopsided that a 2-1 2OT victory would indicate. In short, they dominated 80% of that game.

Looking forward to the next series. Blues can beat either one of them, so I really don’t care who wins other than the fact that Denver is a shorter trip. And what fun it is to watch the games not having to worry about which Blues I hate and which ones don’t deserve to be there. Just watching a team that took too long to gel but managed to finally get it all together.

I need to get down to Market St. when I get back in town to make sure my spot is still saved for the parade in June...

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
wuchangAdministrator
spiritual advisor and gatekeeper to the Spirit World

Loc: uphill

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: sptsman]
      #259269 - 05/08/19 09:41 AM

Quote:

sptsman said:
I need to get down to Market St. when I get back in town to make sure my spot is still saved for the parade in June...

WalMart will probably have the lawn chairs on sale by then

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

#259270 - 05/08/19 09:43 AM

It's not hard, Andy......I hate exactly 1/4th of the team...so it makes it easy to enjoy the games.

Every time Perron touches the puck I want him to get knocked into next year, and every time Pietrangelo touches the puck in his own zone I look for a turnover....easy.

I don't count on Tarasenko, Steen, I'll throw in Gunnarson, or Allen (thankfully he's out) for anything.

If I wake up after the playoffs and find out all those guys are gone then I can say this is one of the best Blues teams ever assembled. Nothing has changed for me with the core group since day one.....none of them are worth the trouble.

When the Blues create havoc in the crease they win games....when they don't, they lose....it's not arguable. They are not a high scoring team and won't be. When they try to pass too much they don't score.....and they pass too much frequently. (last night they shot the puck if they touched it for the most part....thanks Berube I'm sure)

They will have trouble with Colorado's speed if they make it through......mark it down.

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Reged: 12/22/05

#259271 - 05/08/19 09:58 AM

I’m gonna place some money on Game 7 between the stars and the blouse. Who should I pick Griff?? You’ve always been good at picking the winner

--------------------
It’s better to be hated for who you are, instead of loved for who you aren’t.

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: H2ODOG]
      #259272 - 05/08/19 10:00 AM

Benn was a beardedtaco hair away from winning it in 2OT about 3 minutes prior to the Blouse goal. Binnington was out of place a couple times and the Stars missed, like that wrap around. When the Stars has a chance they just missed the opportunity. Blouse had a couple also.

What’s a hit?? And a takeaway. So confusing.

--------------------

dabsAdministrator

Loc: New Money, USA

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
      #259273 - 05/08/19 11:58 AM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Benn was a beardedtaco hair away from winning it in 2OT about 3 minutes prior to the Blouse goal...

I am not so sure if they would have had the right camera angle the game would not have ended on the shot that was under Binningtons leg. If that was not across the goal line it was closer than the hair you speak of

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: dabs]
      #259275 - 05/08/19 01:35 PM

It's hockey......once OT started it helps if the puck bounces your way.

I'll take the W for the Blubs.

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

Bubba
strangesly aroused

Loc: Lemmingstan

#259277 - 05/08/19 04:30 PM

Hey you dudes , did you see where the Blues won game 7 last night?

Go Blues!!

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#259278 - 05/08/19 05:13 PM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
I’m gonna place some money on Game 7 between the stars and the blouse. Who should I pick Griff?? You’ve always been good at picking the winner

I would take the Blues since it's a home game....going with the odds. BUT, it'll take overtime to overcome Bishop....he's one of the best in the league without question and the Blues are not a good scoring team. They'll probably throw the kitchen sink at him, but it'll take some good goal-tending by Binnington and some luck to get through. I think you can count on Binnington though.....we'll see if they get the luck.

Don't give any goals away with your bet.....this will be a low scoring affair if the Blubs can pull it off.

Don't count on paying bills with your winnings, it'll be late before it's done and you won't get your money until tomorrow.

griffin

--------------------

last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

#259279 - 05/08/19 05:29 PM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Benn was a beardedtaco hair away from winning it in 2OT about 3 minutes prior to the Blouse goal. Binnington was out of place a couple times and the Stars missed, like that wrap around. When the Stars has a chance they just missed the opportunity. Blouse had a couple also.

What’s a hit?? And a takeaway. So confusing.

Binner outplayed " The greatest goalie in the world".

As for Jaime Benn, they are ready to hang him from the rafters in Dallas. bwaaaaaaaa

Any body see Sammy knock his head senseless? bwaaaaaaaaaaa

As for Dallas a hair away from winning, consider the fact if it weren't for a ref kicking the puck dead front and center on Blues goal the Stars would have NEVER scored a goal.

I mean, I'm sure it pains you greatly, but that game was a ass kicking. As was game 6.

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

last_stand

#259280 - 05/08/19 05:33 PM

Quote:

griffin said:
......mark it down.

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I'll do that.

Right next to the mark where what the Jets and Stars were sposed to do to the Blues.

Hey...you see DP's dirty goal GAME WINNER Sunday?

I marked that down too.

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: last_stand]
      #259281 - 05/08/19 05:43 PM

I don't care about Perron dude......give it up. He's not part of this. He can sit for Fabbri and it'll be fine. He's not a team player.....ask any team he's played for. Move on.

Same with Pietrangelo.....sit him and play Bartusso...no loss.

You are watching the future of the Blues, not the past. Your guys have stunk the place up for the last 3-5 years. Steen, Tarasenko, and Allen need to go along with the posers Pietrangelo and Perron. Send them off with Burgland and Statsny.

Binnington, O'Reilly, Maroon, Thomas, Blaise, Schwartz, Schenn, Paryako....the new core of he Blues.

Go Blubs!!!!

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#259285 - 05/08/19 08:22 PM

Thanks for the tip griffin. I put $100 on the Blues to win game 7 vs. the Stars. I sure hope it pays off tonight.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#259286 - 05/08/19 08:22 PM

This really is like fishing at a trout pond in MO with hatchery food. FISH ON.

--------------------

last_stand

#259287 - 05/09/19 05:55 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
I don't care about Perron dude......give it up. He's not part of this. He can sit for Fabbri and it'll be fine. He's not a team player.....ask any team he's played for. Move on.

Same with Pietrangelo.....sit him and play Bartusso...no loss.

You are watching the future of the Blues, not the past. Your guys have stunk the place up for the last 3-5 years. Steen, Tarasenko, and Allen need to go along with the posers Pietrangelo and Perron. Send them off with Burgland and Statsny.

Binnington, O'Reilly, Maroon, Thomas, Blaise, Schwartz, Schenn, Paryako....the new core of he Blues.

Go Blubs!!!!

bwaaaaaaaaa.......now you've added like 4 new players to your core group from just a few weeks ago. At least now you know Thomas's name. Good forking grief. It's like flavor of the week with you. You really do belong in nashville with the rest of those hockey numbnutz.

I don't care what you think...........I just like to point out how dumb you are.

You seem to have love affairs with all these other teams and team players without knowing anything. Like Benn. They were ready to string him up in Dallas before the series even began and by now, they probably have. But here you were, telling us all how he was going to run over the Blues.

And Petro.......sit him? He is 3rd leading scorer of D men in playoffs having played 1 game less than the 2 who are in front of him. Sit him. Right. Who needs a ppg player. In the play offs. Hey I'm not even in favor of resigning him but at least I have a pair of eyes and a brain.

Since you hate 25% of the Blues, how bout you tell us all what percent of the Sharks you hate? bwaaaaaaaaaaaa I mean dude, this is so stupid it's perfect for you to explain.

Next time you run into your oakville buddy Maroon....be sure and tell him you hate 25% of the team........that's 1 of 4 still standing. I'm sure he will be impressed.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: last_stand]
      #259288 - 05/09/19 06:17 AM

I like hockey.....and I watch a ton of it....all teams. I know you are the ultimate homer and anybody not on the Blubs sucks....ok, whatever. I'm sure you're listening to "Gloria" all day long.....good thing you don't have a brain left to rot.

The Blubs will have a tough time winning this series, but they can. The Sharks are playing the season for Thornton, which will likely be his last. Pavelski and Kane will give the Blubs defense fits. They are not a one line team like Dallas basically was, so another defense pairing besides Parayko and Bouwmeester will have to step up....to use your worn out bullchit line. I don't know where that's going to come from yet, but it won't be Pietrangelo.....he's not quick enough for either Kane or Pavelski.

This is will be a harder series than Dallas was. The Stars are still rebuilding like the Blubs.....San Jose is not. They want a cup THIS year and have the pieces in place.

San Jose in 7.......possibly 6. The Blubs aren't there yet.

FYI - I also hate, fully, 75% of Blue's "fans". I especially hate homer idiots who think hockey ends at the Enterprise center.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#259290 - 05/09/19 07:32 AM

Just wait.......LS is gonna come back with how STL hockey is the best in the league.

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

#259292 - 05/09/19 07:42 AM

I haven't seen a hickey in a long while.. Do kids still do that?

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

sptsman

#259294 - 05/09/19 09:02 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
I like hockey.....and I watch a ton of it....all teams. I know you are the ultimate homer and anybody not on the Blubs sucks....ok, whatever. I'm sure you're listening to "Gloria" all day long.....good thing you don't have a brain left to rot.

The Blubs will have a tough time winning this series, but they can. The Sharks are playing the season for Thornton, which will likely be his last. Pavelski and Kane will give the Blubs defense fits. They are not a one line team like Dallas basically was, so another defense pairing besides Parayko and Bouwmeester will have to step up....to use your worn out bullchit line. I don't know where that's going to come from yet, but it won't be Pietrangelo.....he's not quick enough for either Kane or Pavelski.

This is will be a harder series than Dallas was. The Stars are still rebuilding like the Blubs.....San Jose is not. They want a cup THIS year and have the pieces in place.

FYI - I also hate, fully, 75% of Blue's "fans". I especially hate homer idiots who think hockey ends at the Enterprise center.

Thanks Walt... Now get outta my yard!!

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: IIFID]
      #259295 - 05/09/19 09:42 AM

Quote:

IIFID said:

Man I don't think so. Kids these days will eat some ass........but complain about a pickle on their hamburger.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#259299 - 05/09/19 11:40 AM

Quote:

sptsman said:
Quote:

griffin said:

Thanks Walt... Now get outta my yard!!

You don't have a forking yard.....and your poodle LS keeps pissing in your apartment. You need to walk him more.

Lemme guess, you're ready with another prediction....."Blues in 6 or 7". Hey man, don't hit your forking shin trying to get over that bar.

Hell, this team would have never sunk so low if they hadn't gotten rid of Backes and kept your forking slugs.

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

#259300 - 05/09/19 12:08 PM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Quote:

IIFID said:

Man I don't think so. Kids these days will eat some ass........but complain about a pickle on their hamburger.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

sptsman

#259303 - 05/09/19 12:49 PM

Quote:

griffin said:

Hell, this team would have never sunk so low if they hadn't gotten rid of Backes and kept your forking slugs.

You mean the Backes that disappeared in EVERY playoff series he ever played in, as a Blue. The Backes that is a healthy scratch for the Bruins more often than not? That Backes? Yeah, what a shame they got rid of him...

Blues in 5...

--------------------

last_stand

#259304 - 05/09/19 05:44 PM

Quote:

griffin said:

So what did Maroon say?

1 of 4 standing. 28 back home.

Eat it bro.

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

--------------------

last_stand

#259305 - 05/09/19 05:45 PM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Just wait.......LS is gonna come back with how STL hockey is the best in the league.

Show me where I've said anything like that. Remotely will do.

I'll show you where you've followed gomer calling out the team that is 1 of 4 left standing. I know you haven't a clue what you are talking about so I'll give you a pass but following gomer ?.....uh ah.

No soup for you!

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

Pages: << 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3931 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 31600

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page