CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: << 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | >> (show all)
griffinAdministrator
administrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: last_stand]
      #259234 - 05/02/19 11:11 AM

Yep, he's the right guy to hit a goalie.....because he ain't hitting anyone else.

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: griffin]
      #259239 - 05/04/19 08:41 AM

This team will not win without their first line scoring goals.....period. The disappearance of O'Reilly and Tarasenko is the story of the series.

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

#259240 - 05/04/19 01:05 PM

Jesus Mary and Joseph. The latest "story of the series" is actually a real part of the story.

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#259241 - 05/04/19 01:34 PM

Yeah, you're right.....the rest of the story is that Perron is a puzzzzy, Pietrangelo sucks as a player and most of all as a Captain, Bouwmeester is showing his age after only one 1.5 series, and Steen is useless. The entire team laid down for a period with the entire season on the line.....Same old same old.

Somebody must of told Schenn how bad he sucked in games 3 and 4.....but all they did was unleash an unguided missle.

Go Blubs!!!!

--------------------

last_stand

#259243 - 05/06/19 05:15 AM

Hey Gomer....how did your boy do yesterday?

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Tell you what, win or lose.......watching your super hero go down on a slapper and flop around like a dying fish was the funniest thing I've seen in hockey for many years. bwaaaaaaaa.....it's no wonder you like these clowns so much they are the next best thing to your muster turds in Nashville. Forking hilarious even the refs knew who and what they were looking at. I'm still laughing.

But hey...you tell us some more about that great insight you have on "character".

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

last_stand

#259244 - 05/06/19 05:20 AM

Blues win AGAIN without their best game.

If the refs can manage to actually call real penalties and let them play I like their chances 5 on 5.

This is set up as a classic Blues downer at home nonetheless but what the hell I'll go with Chief one more time.

Hey Gomer....surely you're sticking with your character guys....right?

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Reged: 12/22/05

#259245 - 05/06/19 05:47 AM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Since you got your panties all wadded up on it, I've sat in the nose bleeds many times on Clark, just last year top row. No, I never saw a forking column in view. Maybe they saw you coming and found one for you. bwaaaaaaaaa

Kiel center was built in '94. I guess you graduated HS after that. Blues were in the old barn before that and there were plenty of columns there.

I can't handle the two of you at the same time. Your hockey comments above don't even make sense unless I want to type a million words to straighten it all out.

Let Gomer handle the hockey. He's a handful as is.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

It was the old barn. Those be the columns I’m talking about. I had a stroke dammit. Some days I’m a little confused.

--------------------
It’s better to be hated for who you are, instead of loved for who you aren’t.

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Reged: 12/22/05

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: H2ODOG]
      #259246 - 05/06/19 05:52 AM

Sorry I missed all this stuff I was in Mexico killing turkeys

--------------------
It’s better to be hated for who you are, instead of loved for who you aren’t.

sptsman

Loc: Missouri

#259247 - 05/06/19 07:27 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
I'm sorry you don't like the best goalie in hockey....

Not sure whether to laugh or really start to get worried about your mental health. The forkin' diver and flopper played all of 46 games this year. I'm far to busy to do a stat search but how many games has he missed due to "injury" over the years? Yeah, he's a pretty good goalie but let's not pretend he can be counted on. He has far more "soft goals" this series than Binnington and his diving and flopping antics are embarrassing. And now that's he's taken to cheap and dirty play (as opposed to hard-nosed play), you can have him.

Looking forward to the game tomorrow night. If they can keep Perron buzzing like he has been (another goal yesterday on two shots, +2 and credited with 2 hits) and get that #1 line to step up and be a #1 line, they'll be fine. If those guys can't step up in a game 7, they don't deserve to win. I am also looking forward to Sammy Blais being back in the lineup. A goal, on 2 shots, +1 and 9 hits!! Ya think he wants to sit in the press box again?!?!?

Unfortunately, I'm going to be on the road Tuesday, on the East Coast but should have time to find a good watering hole with the game on. I'll be with a guy from KC bu with some ties to STL. He's a bit of Blues fan and likes refreshing adult beverages. I'll be set. Now I just have to find my Perron sweater to don, while watching the game.

Go Blues!!

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: sptsman]
      #259251 - 05/06/19 09:41 AM

Oh geez......we're back to "stepping up" again.

Those forkers are doomed.

Perron.....bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

#259252 - 05/06/19 10:59 AM

I'm preparing myself to be let down again tomorrow evening - like so many other times. But part of me wants to believe that this team is different. They have showed some grit that I haven't remembered in quite a while. What I don't understand is how the seem to play better on the road than at home???

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: IIFID]
      #259253 - 05/06/19 12:05 PM

A quote after the game from Griffin's favorite Blues player made me chuckle: " Perron on Berube making another bold lineup move that paid off: "He's got some balls. I know you don't like to hear this word, but I didn't think of anything else. Sorry, I'm French."

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#259254 - 05/06/19 12:59 PM

Maybe that's why the Blubs play well for Berube.....since they've never had any.

--------------------

last_stand

#259255 - 05/07/19 05:42 AM

Quote:

IIFID said:
I'm preparing myself to be let down again tomorrow evening - like so many other times. But part of me wants to believe that this team is different. They have showed some grit that I haven't remembered in quite a while. What I don't understand is how the seem to play better on the road than at home???

Super diver is 2-0 in games 7. Both were shut outs for Tampa. He got a 9.9 from the scoring judges too. bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Games a toss up. Not just on who the better team might be but because it's about who will manage best to get their game to dictate on the ice.

That, and then who comes out ahead in goal tending and how the refs call the game. 5/5 HAS BEEN advantage Blues.

I'll stick with Chief on this one. Fork the Stars.

--------------------

last_stand

#259256 - 05/07/19 05:44 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
Maybe that's why the Blubs play well for Berube.....since they've never had any.

How bout you post up your pick and save us all the BS tomorrow. I mean just the team, you can leave super diver out of it.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#259257 - 05/07/19 09:21 AM

I'll take the Blubs......God help us.

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#259258 - 05/07/19 11:53 AM

Oh crap! Now we are truly ratforked...

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#259259 - 05/07/19 03:53 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:

Tell you what, win or lose.......watching your super hero go down on a slapper and flop around like a dying fish was the funniest thing I've seen in hockey for many years. bwaaaaaaaa.....it's no wonder you like these clowns so much they are the next best thing to your muster turds in Nashville. Forking hilarious even the refs knew who and what they were looking at. I'm still laughing.

But hey...you tell us some more about that great insight you have on "character".

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Listen Goober, I have hated the Stars since they came into the league. Trivia question for you......who was the first team the Blues ever played??

I wish someone would run Jamie Benn over with a zamboni machine.

I want the Blubs to win tonight.....but it's the Blubs....so....you know. This group hasn't shown they are capable of digging deep enough for this win.....the Stars, yeah, they have, so there's that.

If the Stars come out swinging it's over, unless Berube comes over the boards in a rage.

Still......I guess I'll die with this team once again if they show they are still what they've always been.

Fork the North Stars. And fork Cesare Maniago too!!!

--------------------

dabsAdministrator

Loc: New Money, USA

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
      #259261 - 05/07/19 09:40 PM

I bet you forkers been in and out so many times in the last two hours you look like the Hokey Pokey

wuchangAdministrator
spiritual advisor and gatekeeper to the Spirit World

Loc: uphill

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: dabs]
      #259262 - 05/07/19 10:02 PM

Quote:

dabs said:
I bet you forkers been in and out so many times in the last two hours you look like the Hokey Pokey

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: wuchang]
      #259263 - 05/07/19 10:33 PM

Character guys +2.......Blue's posers -1......I'll take it!!!

GO BLUBS!!!!!

griffin

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#259264 - 05/07/19 10:35 PM

How about the Oakville kid scoring against the Chaminade kid in game 7 in St. Louis!!! AWESOME!!!

Hey Last Stand.....I live in Oakville and went to school at Chaminade.....I'm claiming this one and you can fork right off!!!

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#259265 - 05/08/19 06:19 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
Quote:

last_stand said:

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Listen Goober, I have hated the Stars since they came into the league. Trivia question for you......who was the first team the Blues ever played??

I wish someone would run Jamie Benn over with a zamboni machine.

I want the Blubs to win tonight.....but it's the Blubs....so....you know. This group hasn't shown they are capable of digging deep enough for this win.....the Stars, yeah, they have, so there's that.

If the Stars come out swinging it's over, unless Berube comes over the boards in a rage.

Still......I guess I'll die with this team once again if they show they are still what they've always been.

Fork the North Stars. And fork Cesare Maniago too!!!

If they come out swinging it's over? What happened to big bad Jaime Benn and how he would run the blues over? And Benny the diver, how great he is? bwaaaaaaaaaaaa......... and dude, you stepped on your pud predicting the Winnipeg series as well.

I won't be happy without a Cup, obviously. Doesn't mean I hate half the team for some of the dumbest thoughts one can produce around the game of hockey all the while as you watched it since January.

No, they are now one of four. Plain as day, there is no character issues here, not bad ones any way. There is no toughness issues here. There's no lay down in them. You and dawg can quit counting the hits now. bwaaaaaaaaaa

I want a Cup, but as far as your bs goes it's been clearly decided no matter what happens now.

So just shut the fork up. You got nothin. bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

"If the Stars come out swinging it's over"

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I'll give you more on the game later so you'll know what actually happened.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#259266 - 05/08/19 08:14 AM

Dabs for the win! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Griffin I think my nephew went to school with Maroon. Do I get to claim part of the win too? LOL

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#259267 - 05/08/19 08:45 AM

Yes, Tim, you absolutely can.

Awesome hockey game last night.....Blubs came to play for sure.

Not sure about the Stars.....just not much effort there. No toughness.....not the game they need to play against the Blubs. Still, their speed was a problem for the Blubs and there were plenty of opportunities for them to win it in OT.

The Blubs have won nothing yet.....no matter what Homer and others will say. They've been here before, plenty of times.

San Jose and Colorado can both present problems the Blubs will have trouble with, but I'll be rooting for San Jose tonight. The speed of the Avalanche is worse than the toughness of the Sharks as a problem for the Blubs.

Onward and upward!

Go Blubs!!

griffin

--------------------

Pages: << 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 3959 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 31600

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page