CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: << 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | >> (show all)
Bubba
strangesly aroused

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: Lemmingstan

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: HAUS]
      #259202 - 04/26/19 04:03 PM

I stand with Last Stand!!!!!

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
griffinAdministrator
administrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: Bubba]
      #259204 - 04/27/19 09:15 PM

Pietrangelo and Perron......please don't let the bad man get me!!

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

dabsAdministrator

Loc: New Money, USA

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
      #259205 - 04/28/19 08:02 AM

Quote:

Bubba said:

Lemming!

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: dabs]
      #259206 - 04/28/19 08:28 AM

C'mon boys......how about that Captain!!! -2 and 0 hits and 0 blocks in game 2.....one of the best in the league right there!!!

In fairness.....he did slide around on his stomach pretty well.

"I see the bad man everywhere, please save me from the bad man!!" HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Reged: 12/22/05

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: griffin]
      #259207 - 04/28/19 04:01 PM

I think Bishop for Dallas for more hits in the game than Captain Perron did.

Bwwwwwwahaaahahhahahahahahaahahhahaaaaaaaa

--------------------
It’s better to be hated for who you are, instead of loved for who you aren’t.

last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: sptsman]
      #259210 - 04/29/19 06:02 AM

Quote:

sptsman said:
Nobody is that simple-minded

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..............

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

last_stand

#259211 - 04/29/19 06:06 AM

Quote:

sptsman said:
Quote:

last_stand said:
Quote:

griffin said:
I think when this series is over we will know exactly where the Blues are right now. (probably still a couple players away from being true contenders is my guess)

Here's the deal in my book.....the line of Jamie Benn, Tyler Seguin, and Alexander Radulov is probably the top line left in the playoffs. They have beaten the hell out of the Blues physically and mentally in almost every game I can remember.

I'm not sure the Blues have an answer for them. (it's possible there isn't a team left in the playoffs that does) The fact is, Benn has owned them in the past 2-3 seasons. To say he is not in their head would be a giant understatement. I know, LS, that you think a few players can't make the difference.....you have done your best to make that case......you're about to see how full of chit you are when that line comes to town.

Bishop is likely the best goalie left as well, but he can be had in a 7 game series as we have seen time and again. The Stars will come after Binnington.....this is NOT Winnipeg. Hopefully he is as unflappable as he has been so far.....but the intensity will be a notch above anything he has ever seen.

I think the Stars have the match-ups and ability to sweep the Blues.....but if not, this series will have to go to seven for the Blues to win.

I doubt the Blues are good enough, right now, to take the Stars......just not tough enough.

I'll be happy to be wrong.

Go Blues!

griffin

Well there goes yur sweep idea.

Jesus how many times have u been wrong about this team

U keep pontificating its hilarious. I never said the blues would win this series but i sure as fork havent said they wont.

U and dawg can tell us now how blues actually lost the game

Bwaaaaaaa

ls, look up the modern definition of "troll". I think you will find you are being trolled. Nobody is that simple-minded and you seem to take his bait every time. As a result, he keeps making even more absurd comments. Your best best is to look like the guy that just figured out he is on a hidden camera show and just shake your head. As long as you keep responding, he's going to keep with the crazy talk. Now, if you want to keep this going, I'm sure he will eventually run out of absurdities and have to say something, anything that makes sense. But that will likely be a while...

Somebody better tell the twin!
bwaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

last_stand

#259212 - 04/29/19 06:06 AM

Quote:

Bubba said:

Bubba gets it.

--------------------

last_stand

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: last_stand]
      #259213 - 04/29/19 06:21 AM

Blues have yet to play Dallas their best hockey.

If they do, they'll take the series.

If they don't, they won't.

--------------------

sptsman

Loc: Missouri

#259214 - 04/29/19 08:41 AM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Blues have yet to play Dallas their best hockey.

If they do, they'll take the series.

If they don't, they won't.

I gotta go Blues in 7.

But dayum, this is the one match-up I did not want to see. Dallas is a good team but no better than the Blues. The bigger issue is simply mental. If the Blues can get it in their head that they are the better team and play at their best, they'll be fine. I just worry they will do stupid chit like Perron did in bumping Bishop. He took the bait and committed a stupid penalty at a time they couldn't afford it. You have to know the circumstances and how the rotten officiating woks in the NHL, if you're going to have any hope in succeeding. I'm sure he got an earful from Berube and Ott for that move...

No panic. If they can come back home 2-2, you have to like their chances.

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#259215 - 04/29/19 10:55 AM

I think it's an absolute stretch to say that the Blues are the better team. MAYBE you could get away with "as good"....but no further....

Seguin
Benn
Bishop
Zuccarello
Redulov
Heiskanen
Niichuskin
Polak

When you go position by position there isn't really a player on the Blues I wouldn't trade to get any of them.....and that includes Binnington for Bishop.

Do I think the Blues can win this series.....sure, it's one series. Do I think the Blues are the better team.....hell no, and neither does anyone else.

griffin

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#259216 - 04/29/19 10:27 PM

In the days of Dan Kelly and Gus Kyle they would call tonight a "character win".....and I think it was. I'd be surprised if the Note doesn't prevail in this series. Still a few problems with the top line and the Captain.....but a solid team effort that ought to give them more confidence going forward.

Man, you think I'm hard on the Blues.....they basicaly get no love from the national broadcasters, who spent most of the telecast looking for the Stars to come back and win.

I wish Thomas would shoot the damn puck. I wish Perron would sit down. I wish the Captain never touched the puck in his own end. But Bouwmeester and Parayko are doing a hell of a job on the Star's top line.......I'm gonna take Bouwmeester off my list after watching himn the first 3 games of this series. Schwartz is everywhere!! Binnington still absolutely on the money with his positioning.....solid play, but he didn't win this one.....mark it down to the hard work of the 3rd line.

Perron, Steen, the Captain, and even Tarasenko ......nah.....grow a pair. And WTF is Schenn doing? He's lost out there right now.

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#259218 - 04/30/19 06:29 AM

Bout 4 months slow on figuring out who our top D pairing is and the job they are doing. And along with them, who do you think the forwards are who are helping shut down Winny's top line and this top line so far??

Jesus.

And since the confessional is now open, you can go tell dawg what 4 good lines looks like too. 13 players in double digit goals.

Long way to go. Stars were down to Preds too. And yes, even with the bad matchup for STL this is a series where the best team will win Gomer. Blues had plenty of mistakes but plenty more to give if they can put it all together.

As always with the Blues, that's a big IF. But Berube might pull it off.

--------------------

sptsman

#259219 - 04/30/19 08:50 AM

Speaking of Berube, he and this coaching staff may be the collective MVP of this team. And getting Larry Robinson to be an adviser to assist Mike Van Ryn was a brilliant move by Stillman or Armstrong or whoever did it. Other than cleaning up some of the D-zone turnovers this defense is playing about as good as any defense I've seen wearing the Bluenote.

--------------------

sptsman

#259220 - 04/30/19 09:13 AM

Oh, I almost forgot. Who the fork is that dame yapping on the broadcast? This chit where these networks feel the need to make sure there is a woman involved at every level need to rethink things. Half of why I hate it is for the simple reason that I just don't want to hear a female voice in the booth. Call it whatever you want. I just isn't pleasing to the ear. More like fingernails on a chalkboard. The other half is that she has nothing of any value whatsoever to offer. Her nickname should be Ms. Obvious. Her broadcast partners almost never engage with her because the chit she says is so inane, it doesn't warrant a reply. And the one time she got a reply last night is when she said something so stupid one of the other guys said, "I'm going to have to disagree with you on that..." I am assuming she was a college or National Team player.

If she is around for the Conference finals or God forbid, the Stanley Cup Final, I think they will get some real pushback from real hockey fans. She is dreadful...

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Reged: 12/22/05

#259221 - 04/30/19 09:35 AM

What’s a line????? This hickey thing is so confusing. I’m still waiting for homer Custers last stand to explain how he never saw the upright support poles in the nose bleeds at the Kiel center before we move onto something else.

Without Binnington, this team would have been planning their golf days in January. The Stars finally scored a goal with 5 on 5 hockey last night. Up to that point, every goal against the Blouse was short handed or 4 on 4. Good teams don’t give up short handed goals and control the PP. the D was suspect last night late in the game also with Binnington being out of position with an open Dallas shooter. That’s not his fault. But hey.......it’s the best 4 lines in Hockey right??????

--------------------
It’s better to be hated for who you are, instead of loved for who you aren’t.

last_stand

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: H2ODOG]
      #259222 - 04/30/19 02:19 PM

Since you got your panties all wadded up on it, I've sat in the nose bleeds many times on Clark, just last year top row. No, I never saw a forking column in view. Maybe they saw you coming and found one for you. bwaaaaaaaaa

Kiel center was built in '94. I guess you graduated HS after that. Blues were in the old barn before that and there were plenty of columns there.

I can't handle the two of you at the same time. Your hockey comments above don't even make sense unless I want to type a million words to straighten it all out.

Let Gomer handle the hockey. He's a handful as is.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#259223 - 04/30/19 07:37 PM

It was funny listening to the national pundits just now regarding the Blues. Their opinion, collectively, was that the Blues don't play with enough intensity and "mean-ness" to go far in the playoffs......they are "too nice". They said that maybe the play of Bartusso would be a "wake up call".

All laid the blame of the series being 2-1 Blues firmly on Bishop's shoulders.

Man, I think everything they said was right on the money.....except that we may be wrong about this team, this year.

Most, if not all, of the 8 teams left didn't think they would be here (leave it to the Blubs to win it all in a year when all 4 wild card teams advanced and knocked out the favorites)......maybe San Jose and Boston are the exceptions.

Still......of the 8 teams left, you have to like the Blubs chances. I would think that if they win this series they move to the favorite spot for the odds makers based on consistency since the all-star break. Yeah, I agree that even this series is far from over.....but something weird is happening this playoff season for sure. (NOBODY wants to have to win 3 out of 4 against this group right now...and they're getting better every game)

Go figure....Berube may have the magic potion for this club.

Hopefully, by the time teams figure out you can scare the crap out of the Blues, with some rough play, it'll be too late.

Go Blue!!

--------------------

last_stand

#259226 - 05/01/19 02:02 PM

Whelp...the Blues are now likely doomed.

Gomer...just stop it.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#259227 - 05/01/19 02:18 PM

How in the world could they be doomed? They had the best record in hockey after Jan 1. They have 4 of the best lines in the league. Their Captain is one of the best defensemen in the league. They have shown unbelievable heart and grit. Almost all of the teams who finished ahead of them in the standings are gone.

This is a gimme.

What are you worried about? I'm making plans for a Cup party.

griffin

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

#259228 - 05/01/19 05:25 PM

LS and Griffin, Thank you for the best laugh of my day. You two should tour comedy clubs together..

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: IIFID]
      #259229 - 05/01/19 10:57 PM

Perron with the two hander to the back of Bishop when he's not even looking.....typical.

He'll be lucky now if he survives this series.

--------------------

sptsman

#259230 - 05/02/19 07:54 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
Perron with the two hander to the back of Bishop when he's not even looking.....typical.

He'll be lucky now if he survives this series.

And Bishop acted like a EPL player that just got tapped on the leg. You would have thought he was hit by a samurai sword. WTF is with these Dallas players and their pussified diving and acting? That tap from Perron would not have even made a 9 year-old flinch. What a forkin' wuss...

If you watch the games (many of us doubt you do ) you will see Bishop whacking the backs of legs, ankles and poking players in the back all game long. As far as I'm concerned, anybody that endures that crap, can whack him any time, as long as they don't get caught. In fact, I'd like to see Bishop laying in the ice in real pain, after he chops at the wrong ankle one time... Of course he'll just go on the DL like he does 2 or 3 times every year.

The Blues just got outplayed last night, plain and simple. Dallas came out strong and with a purpose, on their home ice and simply beat them. Just like the Blues did the game before.

We now have a 3 game series with the Blues having 2 of those at home. Blues in 7...

Go Blues!!

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#259232 - 05/02/19 09:05 AM

I'm sorry you don't like the best goalie in hockey....you know, the one that the Blues had and let go. I can't wait to see what this organization does with Binnington.

There is not a team in the league with goalie management as screwed up as the Blubs have been.

Perron is a puzzzzzzzzy......I might agree with you on someone else wacking Bishop.....but not Perron's scary arse.

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#259233 - 05/02/19 09:39 AM

bwaaaaaaaaaa...........guess you weren't watching again when Bishop slashed Schwartz behind the knees in game 2. Plus countless others. Hit him back and he folds like a cheap tent.

Hilarious dive from your newest man crush.

Binner knows what to do when you get forked with.....Bishop signs up with the Lindell school of diving. He might even be the lead teacher there.

Here's to DP taking a second whack.

--------------------

Pages: << 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 4513 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 31601

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page