CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: << 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | >> (show all)
last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: griffin]
      #259074 - 04/04/19 06:01 AM

But they nearly won!

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
griffinAdministrator
administrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: last_stand]
      #259075 - 04/04/19 06:34 AM

Yep, they nearly did.....but they couldn't. Toews and Kane make them look slow and stupid.

I doubt the Blubs could beat that team in a 7 game series.....good thing they didn't make it in.

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

last_stand

#259076 - 04/04/19 02:02 PM

Win or lose what's stupid is a shoot out.

--------------------

last_stand

#259078 - 04/05/19 06:11 AM

If you are paying attention, worst team in history of franchise might win the division Saturday.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#259081 - 04/06/19 06:31 PM

The Note ends up 17 games over .500......and Binnington is 19 games over since he started on Jan. 7.....THAT is the entire story of the team this season. Nothing else.

Should be Calder winner in a walk.....fork Petterson....he got shut down once the league realized he was a player. And, you can make a hell of an argument for MVP. What other player came in with his team struggling to stay out of last place in the league and brings them to 1st in their division on the last day? It'll never go to a goalie in a season when the top team registered 128 points. (or any other season for that matter)

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

#259082 - 04/06/19 06:53 PM

If you would have said in Devember that this team would end up with 99 points I would have suggested you be committed. To me it doesn't mean anything until you win in the playoffs but it is still impressive..

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

last_stand

#259083 - 04/07/19 07:15 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
The Note ends up 17 games over .500......and Binnington is 19 games over since he started on Jan. 7.....THAT is the entire story of the team this season. Nothing else.

griffin

bwaaaaaaaaa........well that's the entire story that fits your narrative anyway. Surprise surprise.

Jack Campbell of LA Kings played same amount of games as Binny and beat Binny's Save Percentage and look where the Kings ended up.

You are a stubborn idiot.bwaaaaaaaaaa

No doubt this team needed solid goal tending, as any good team does, and no doubt Binny is the story of the year.I love that kid, even how eird he is is perfect.

But I'll pass on listening to you on how the Blues got here. After all this is your "worst team in history of franchise" we are talking about.

"Nothing else".....that's a good one. bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

last_stand

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: IIFID]
      #259084 - 04/07/19 07:18 AM

Quote:

IIFID said:
If you would have said in Devember that this team would end up with 99 points I would have suggested you be committed. To me it doesn't mean anything until you win in the playoffs but it is still impressive..

A great IMPRESSIVE story that, like you said, is far from over.

I think I'll wait and see with you.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#259085 - 04/07/19 02:46 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Quote:

griffin said:

griffin

bwaaaaaaaaa........well that's the entire story that fits your narrative anyway. Surprise surprise.

Jack Campbell of LA Kings played same amount of games as Binny and beat Binny's Save Percentage and look where the Kings ended up.

No doubt this team needed solid goal tending, as any good team does, and no doubt Binny is the story of the year.I love that kid, even how eird he is is perfect.

But I'll pass on listening to you on how the Blues got here. After all this is your "worst team in history of franchise" we are talking about.

Oh yeah, they would have got there with Allen.

That is the exact definition of NOTHING ELSE. That team, before Binnington, was going exactly NOWHERE, homer.

Hopefully, most of the Blues playoff games will be carried by the network so I don't have to listen to the homer club......it's sickening.

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#259086 - 04/07/19 06:00 PM

Quote:

griffin said:
Quote:

last_stand said:
Quote:

griffin said:

griffin

Oh yeah, they would have got there with Allen.

That is the exact definition of NOTHING ELSE. That team, before Binnington, was going exactly NOWHERE, homer.

Hopefully, most of the Blues playoff games will be carried by the network so I don't have to listen to the homer club......it's sickening.

griffin

Not what I said Gomer. But you know that.

More bull chit from you.

Where did I say that? No, I didn't.

Again, you are an idiot.

I just pointed to the exact situation with the Kings and you have nothing. Care to comment on that? How are the Kings in last place with a goalie exactly like Binner?

Uh huh.

Your not going to get me on the other side of Binner because I was there with him before you were. Of course, who wasn't? bwaaaaaaaaaa .....you have been on every side of every issue with this team so you can claim how right you are now matter where it ends.

I am done with you dude. Take your pot shots, take your "worst team ever" bs and dance around and have whatever fun you can get out of it. It's all bull chit anyway. I'm done with bull chit.

"worst franchise team ever". bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

As always, Go Blue!

signed:
HOMER

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#259087 - 04/07/19 10:06 PM

The Kings just suck.....the Blues have skill, just no character. Binnington got them through when they couldn't score.....which is often.

This series with Winnipeg will be brutal for the Blubs.....just not enough toughness to beat that squad.

In 2 weeks you'll be crying about how they squandered another chance. Then you'll say next year will be different. Same old same old.

--------------------

sptsman

Loc: Missouri

#259090 - 04/08/19 07:25 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
The Kings just suck.....the Blues have skill, just no character. Binnington got them through when they couldn't score.....which is often.

This series with Winnipeg will be brutal for the Blubs.....just not enough toughness to beat that squad.

In 2 weeks you'll be crying about how they squandered another chance. Then you'll say next year will be different. Same old same old.

The Blues are a better team than the Jets. If both teams play their best, the Blues win this series in 5 or 6 games. The Blues control their own destiny.

The only way they lose this series is if the goaltending does not remain top tier or they pull some no-shows and give post game quotes like "We got outplayed and outworked..." Both are possibilities.

Binninigton has saved this season, in large part but he has 0 minutes of NHL playoff experience. Hopefully, he stays cool as a cucumber and continues doing what he does. If he starts to feel the pressure and gets away from his game, it could go poorly. My bet is that he will do fine, maybe even steal a game.

The no-show issue is real and this team has the first half of the season to show for it. I hope like heck they play 60 mins strong, every game. But they have shown us they are fully capable of not showing up at times. God only knows what causes that but if it happens in this series, they will lose those games.

Let's not ignore the fact that the Jets are not much better than .500 since January and the Blues have mostly been on fire in that same stretch. And don't think that isn't in the Jets heads a little. But they have Byfuglien back and if he is 100%, he can be a difference maker. Let's hope he's not 100%...

Blues in 6...

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

Bubba
strangesly aroused

Loc: Lemmingstan

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: sptsman]
      #259106 - 04/10/19 04:22 PM

Hey , did y'all see where the St Louis hockey club got into the playoffs??

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: Bubba]
      #259107 - 04/10/19 09:16 PM

OK.....a win works.

Binnington was the difference....again. It was obvious that everybody in the building, Jets players and fans, tried to rattle the kid and he held up.....that could be HUGE if he holds that because everybody, in EVERY series, is going to run him. No doubt the team knows they owe him for being where they are and are willing to protect him, it shows.....so there's that. It's a bit of character from a team that needs some practice in that area....but they stood up for him, I'll give them that. When have we seen Steen ready to fight for anybody? But he was.

I thought the Blubs got pushed around a bit, but they weathered it....so that's a plus. The Jets are a big, tough team.

I haven't seen the stats but I have a sense that they didn't win as many faceoffs as they are capable of.

The power play HAS to be better.

The #1 line has to be better.

They are going to have to pick it up physically as this series goes on.....and that worries me.

Overall.....I was impressed with the win....because they stole one. That's what it takes to win a series. That's what we haven't seen before.

griffin

--------------------

sptsman

Loc: Missouri

#259109 - 04/11/19 07:54 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
OK.....a win works.

Binnington was the difference....again. It was obvious that everybody in the building, Jets players and fans, tried to rattle the kid and he held up.....that could be HUGE if he holds that because everybody, in EVERY series, is going to run him. No doubt the team knows they owe him for being where they are and are willing to protect him, it shows.....so there's that. It's a bit of character from a team that needs some practice in that area....but they stood up for him, I'll give them that. When have we seen Steen ready to fight for anybody? But he was.

I thought the Blubs got pushed around a bit, but they weathered it....so that's a plus. The Jets are a big, tough team.

I haven't seen the stats but I have a sense that they didn't win as many faceoffs as they are capable of.

The power play HAS to be better.

The #1 line has to be better.

They are going to have to pick it up physically as this series goes on.....and that worries me.

Overall.....I was impressed with the win....because they stole one. That's what it takes to win a series. That's what we haven't seen before.

griffin

...and Perron was once again, one of the best players on the ice.

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#259111 - 04/11/19 08:10 AM

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

That dude ran around like a midget wrestler who was in the ring with Hulk Hogan.

--------------------

last_stand

#259112 - 04/11/19 09:06 AM

Perron with a great shot. Jbo and Parayko shut down their first line. Steen protecting Binner first in and then his PK and last 1:30 on 6/5 shows what he is good at.

I think that about covers the gang with no "character". bwaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Binner was unreal. Literally.

Schenn-Senko-O'Reilly all played tough and will get their chances if they keep it up. Meanwhile, lines 2 and 3 came through.

Blues were pounded first two but that third period was pure domination. That crowd was stunned.

Berube pulled all the right strings. Does Sanford sit next game for MacMac or Blais?

Gonna be a battle, long way to go.

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#259114 - 04/11/19 12:58 PM

Can you believe what the Blue Jackets did to the Lightning?? Talk about stealing one! Holy Crap!

The Blues were beat up and pretty much manhandled for two periods, but showed something coming back like they did in the 3rd. Props for that to them. Friday night will be a freaking war. You gotta know that after losing like that at home, that the Jets ware going to come out with everything they have right out of the chute. It wouldn't surprise me to see someone (Byfuglien?) from the Jets drop their gloves early to get them going. The Blues best be ready or the first period could get ugly.

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

last_stand

#259116 - 04/11/19 01:18 PM

To me the Blues stood toe to toe with them and withstood all the hits they put on them. Hits went to Jets but even there it wasn't exactly lopsided.

I said they got pounded for first two and they pretty much did but look at the shots on goal and it tells the real story of how the Blues played, not how many hits they took.

Jets looked to wear them down and the exact opposite happened. The 3rd was all Blue.

IMO Blues keep them at mid 20's on shots and the Blues will take this series.

I expect all these games to go different but if I'm the Jets I would re think their hitorama strategy on this team. Blues were focused on what they had to do and they did it last night.

--------------------

last_stand

#259117 - 04/11/19 01:21 PM

So steen gets sucker punched after the horn by Scheilfele who also ran Binner in the first.

Scoll down and click first gif and it shows what Chief had to say to the little pr1ck afterwards.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaa

https://twitter.com/CMS_74_/status/1116180707016105984

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#259120 - 04/13/19 05:39 PM

I'll take another win.....hopefully someone on the Blues doesn't get killed before the series ends.

griffin

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#259121 - 04/14/19 08:12 PM

Unless the Blubs #1 line gets going, AND THAT MEANS THE PERENNIAL PLAYOFF DISAPPEARANCE OF TARASENKO, they can't win this series.

And I don't want to hear any stupid bullchit about how he scored a goal tonight.....on a power play....where he did NONE of the work. He has not been a factor in any game.

Same with Perron......yeah, he had the power play goal, but he's scared of his own shadow when he has the puck at even strength.....but he can run his mouth after the play is over and the refs are there. He reminds me of Jimmy Campbell.

And don't even get me started on Bowmeester tonight.

The weaknesses will always come through at nut cutting time.

griffin

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Reged: 12/22/05

#259122 - 04/15/19 05:40 AM

Are the Blouse allowed to check people and hit other players

Asking for a friend.

--------------------
It’s better to be hated for who you are, instead of loved for who you aren’t.

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: H2ODOG]
      #259128 - 04/16/19 01:57 PM

Both of JBO's penalties on Sunday were because he was slow to react. It appears that the game (especially in the playoffs) is too fast for him.
The Blues really need this one tonight. I think they can do it, the question is if they WILL do it..

We might see who is right in the "heart" debate tonight..

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#259131 - 04/16/19 07:03 PM

The pairing of Bowmeester and Parayko is NOT going to cut it against the Jet's 1st line. I'd like to see Barube get BowWow off of that match up.

--------------------

Pages: << 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 448 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 31596

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page