CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: << 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | >> (show all)
griffinAdministrator
administrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: griffin]
      #258999 - 03/26/19 09:47 AM

Quote:

griffin said:

This team can't score. Mostly because they only have a couple of guys willing to get dirty in that low slot area. Most of their "scorers" like to skate and make pretty passes. That doesn't add up to goals.

griffin

This is what I said 2-3 weeks ago......and Andy just made the point about how they are finally clogging the slot.

THAT'S what it will take to win in the playoffs.

I just don't see them with enough horses to sustain it once the other team starts throwing down....no matter who it is.

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: sptsman]
      #259004 - 03/26/19 03:52 PM

Quote:

sptsman said:
Boston has plenty of its own problems. They are far from a lock to win anything. And Tampa is a very good regular season team. We'll see how it translates in the playoffs. I would not bet against them but all it takes is one good team on a roll to bounce them.

ls, I agree it is about the scoring in the playoffs but a good deal of the scoring in the playoffs is about toughness and grit. If you have noticed, many of the games where the Blues could not score, they had tons of SOG's with little or no net-front presence. When Maroon and others started getting dirty and mucking it up in front of the net, scoring came. Even in the games where they scored from the slot or D-men from the point, the physical presence had opened up shooting lanes. In the playoffs you have to play hard and be willing to hit and get hit. The game changes and unless you have Gretzky, Messier, Kurri and the rest of that Oilers dynasty-type players, you had better be ready for the battles.

I am not laying down any cash in Vegas but this could be one of those years like the 2012 Kings. Lots of similarities with the rough start, coaching change and peaking at the right time...

Rangers and Devils next. Both already eliminated from the playoffs. They really need to get 3 or 4 of the 4 available points...

Go Blues

Could not agree more on the close in work and shots from high danger areas that has to be done to score. A big part for sure. This team is tough enough to do that but getting it on net is just as important. They need to continue to finish their plays and more than likely to advance anywhere they need to get better at it or pick up new scoring winger next year.

Here's a question for you...Blues clinch PO the minute the Avs tie or lose.

Should the Blues go all out on remaining games for home ice with Preds or even 1st place Jets or do they rest some their guys an extra game or two like O'Reilly or Senko and even an extra rest day for Binner to close out the season?

Remember Hitch going hard for the Hart Trophy few years back? bwaaaaaa.......that did not work out so well.

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

last_stand

#259005 - 03/26/19 03:54 PM

Quote:

griffin said:
Quote:

griffin said:

This team can't score. Mostly because they only have a couple of guys willing to get dirty in that low slot area. Most of their "scorers" like to skate and make pretty passes. That doesn't add up to goals.

griffin

This is what I said 2-3 weeks ago......and Andy just made the point about how they are finally clogging the slot.

THAT'S what it will take to win in the playoffs.

I just don't see them with enough horses to sustain it once the other team starts throwing down....no matter who it is.

You also said this:

"Once again for those who didn't pay attention.....this is, without question, the worst version of the Blouse since 1967."

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: last_stand]
      #259008 - 03/27/19 10:35 AM

And it still is. There really isn't much to like about this team when you look player by player......just not much there....very little character....just generally unlikeable....fork 'em.

Reilly, Schenn, Maroon, Paryako, Binnington...the Johnson kid....OK....then it starts getting pretty thin and eventually falls off a cliff. I like Berube too, and it's obvious the players respect him. I'd hate like hell if this team goes on and wins a cup, unlikely as that is. But in a year or two when more of the dead weight is gone, I could see it.

But Steen, Petro, Bouwmeester, Perron, Allen, etc. with their name on the cup under "St. Louis Blues".....gimme a forking break. Makes me want to puke.

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

last_stand

#259011 - 03/28/19 06:45 AM

Bazaar....but true to form.

And who is this "Johnson kid"?

Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#259012 - 03/28/19 08:09 AM

I don't know....I meant Thomas.

Look, I don't like this team.....period. In the 50+ years I have been a rabid Blues fan this is the worst bunch ever put together.

I'm happy that some changes were made before the season and I think the young crop coming up has a chance to right the ship.....obviously they are already having an effect.

The bad taste in my mouth from the last 3-5 years of this team just completely laying down is not out of my mouth. Enough of it remains that I DON'T WANT THEM TO WIN THE CUP THIS YEAR. Next year, or the year after, when most or all of the azzhats who dragged this franchise are gone I'll be back to 100%........but no way that happens this season.

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#259014 - 03/28/19 09:26 AM

As I said, bazaar.

I mean...way out there. Beyond. And pretty sad.

For this team to win a Cup this year, to have come back from last place in the LEAGUE, to then get through the most grueling play off in all of sports by 10 fold, and then say there is 5 shitheads on the team who do not deserve it, 4 of them starters, 4 of them long time vet NHL players who would make ANY team in the league as we speak, 4 of them who would undoubtedly be and already are an integral part of any such feat, is absolutely bazaar and dude you are ate up really really bad.

In July I predicted a Cup in the coming 2 years. But sorry, I'll take the Cup this year. As crazy as this conversation might be. And I would be the first in line on Market street for the parade.

I am done with this. Have fun with the playoffs staring at the TV rooting for a first round loss....dawg will join you.... bwaaaaaaaa.....what a knuckle head.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#259016 - 03/28/19 10:56 AM

hell, I don't care if they lose in the first round or win the damn cup. I just don't care about this team....the players who dragged the franchise are still on the roster.....so fork them.

I just hope they DON'T win the cup this year because I'd like to celebrate a cup for the Blues. I just can't celebrate a cup for these clowns.

It's not bazaar you numbskull.....I've been consistent about my hatred for this particular group....even gave up my seats because of them.

They suck.....they will ALWAYS suck....and I don't want their names representing the franchise on the Stanley Cup.

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#259017 - 03/29/19 06:13 AM

What ever dude.

For those who do care.....6 games in 8 days to close it out.

Go Blue!

--------------------

sptsman

Loc: Missouri

#259018 - 03/29/19 06:31 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
hell, I don't care if they lose in the first round or win the damn cup. I just don't care about this team....the players who dragged the franchise are still on the roster.....so fork them.

I just hope they DON'T win the cup this year because I'd like to celebrate a cup for the Blues. I just can't celebrate a cup for these clowns.

It's not bazaar you numbskull.....I've been consistent about my hatred for this particular group....even gave up my seats because of them.

They suck.....they will ALWAYS suck....and I don't want their names representing the franchise on the Stanley Cup.

griffin

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. Walt, Walt Kowalski is that you?

This is the definition of trolling.

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#259019 - 03/29/19 08:12 AM

Back off Andy.

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

#259024 - 03/29/19 12:49 PM

No mention of Dunn who I think is quietly having a good year...
Do they catch the Preds in points tonight by beating the Rangers at home in NYC but who are already eliminated?

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: IIFID]
      #259027 - 03/29/19 04:59 PM

Good call, I hope Dunn is part of the future plans for the team.

Fabri.....that's another one that needs to go.....unfortunately, he's finished.

griffin

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#259028 - 03/29/19 11:39 PM

Not enough juice tonight when a playoff clinch against a second tier team seemed like a gimme.

This is this team.......too much lack of character even with the good additions.

No cup in sight this year....the dead weight will hold them down.

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#259034 - 03/30/19 04:43 PM

Where the fork did all this cup talk come from???

You're like the washed up reporter who's generating his own headline story to salvage his career. bwaaaaaaaa

Hell they let up and they couldn't hit the broad side of a barn and Parayko single handedly gave the Rangers the win.

Last night, before the game, I was wondering if this team would end up in 1st or 8th. That's just what Blues fans do.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#259035 - 03/30/19 04:50 PM

I have no interest in anything BUT a cup run from this team. 50+ years without a championship is enough for this Blubs fan.

griffin

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

#259051 - 04/01/19 01:03 PM

"Blubs Fan" BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Classic! How appropriate..

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

last_stand

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: IIFID]
      #259053 - 04/02/19 06:20 AM

Quote:

IIFID said:

It's about as dumb as he is.

Now that was a play off game.

With 3 games to go, Blues do not know who or where they will be playing come play offs.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#259055 - 04/02/19 08:15 AM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Quote:

IIFID said:

Relax bro.....while you fell asleep in your recliner the great team you thought the Blubs were playing came back from 2 goals down to nearly win the game, and got replaced by the Avalanche.

--------------------

sptsman

#259058 - 04/02/19 09:33 AM

Solid effort by Perron. Easily the toughest player on the ice last night. He just keeps getting better and better...

--------------------

last_stand

#259063 - 04/02/19 03:37 PM

Quote:

griffin said:
Quote:

last_stand said:
Quote:

IIFID said:

Relax bro.....while you fell asleep in your recliner the great team you thought the Blubs were playing came back from 2 goals down to nearly win the game, and got replaced by the Avalanche.

Did you say nearly win?

bwaaaaaaaaaa

I gotta remember that one....sure to come in handy around this place.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#259066 - 04/02/19 06:44 PM

Quote:

sptsman said:
Solid effort by Perron. Easily the toughest player on the ice last night. He just keeps getting better and better...

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Yes....he's an absolute juggernaut!!

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#259067 - 04/02/19 06:47 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Quote:

griffin said:
Quote:

last_stand said:
Quote:

IIFID said:

Did you say nearly win?

Yeah, you know....get a point they shouldn't have gotten.....it's like hockey dude.

--------------------

sptsman

#259070 - 04/03/19 07:35 AM

Pretty big game tonight for two reasons:

First is the obvious. Being in 2nd place is a pretty big deal for home ice advantage in the playoffs. Not the end of the world if they don't get it but a pretty big advantage if they do.

Second, the Blues have chit the bed in several games this year against non-playoff teams. They really need to show they can turn it up a notch when something is on the line, even if it is against a non-playoff team. Everyone knows the Hawks would love nothing more than to beat the Blues and keep them out of 2nd place, just as a matter of principle. And everyone know the Blues currently have the better roster and better team. They need to keep the momentum, going into the playoffs and put their foot on the throat of the Hawks and never let up!!

Need another big game from Perron!!

Go Blues!!

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#259073 - 04/04/19 05:34 AM

Tonight may be ugly.....the Blubs played two games last night with all the running around they did.

griffin

--------------------

Pages: << 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1423 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 31597

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page