CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: << 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | >> (show all)
griffinAdministrator
administrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: last_stand]
      #258787 - 02/27/19 07:21 AM

I suppose the case can be made, but I'm no fan of Steen returning to the lineup.

Good win last night for sure.

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Reged: 12/22/05

#258788 - 02/27/19 07:27 AM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Quote:

H2ODOG said:
So........now you’re blaming whining players and them getting g the refs to go within them in their falling down. Gotcha. The way some of those blues guys play, maybe they should do the same. They play the part half the time. Maybe they should play the beardedclam part all the time, and get some homer ref calls. After all, it’s the same refs and works both ways

Wha? Huh?

Dude, I know that 11 game win streak was hard on you but try to follow.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Did the refs help out last night??? That’s what your last post insinuated

--------------------
It’s better to be hated for who you are, instead of loved for who you aren’t.

last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: griffin]
      #258789 - 02/27/19 07:28 AM

Just what "case" are you referring to there?

C'mon, you can say it. One more flip flop won't matter.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#258790 - 02/27/19 07:36 AM

No dude.....you'd have to make the case....and I'm sure you'll have plenty of koolaid to share with the drinkers, but that guy is nothing but a cancer in my book. Let him sit in the press box, or home, or on the street corner, who gives a fork.

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#258791 - 02/27/19 07:42 AM

I can say the same for your boy Perron.......I'm sure you think the Blues could have won more than 11 in a row if he was healthy......but I say part of the reason for the run was him NOT being in the lineup for the streak.

He is not, and never will be, a team player.....he can stay sitting too.

--------------------

sptsman

Loc: Missouri

#258792 - 02/27/19 08:13 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
I can say the same for your boy Perron.......I'm sure you think the Blues could have won more than 11 in a row if he was healthy......but I say part of the reason for the run was him NOT being in the lineup for the streak.

One too many IPA's this morning? Look, you have a hard-on for Perron. We get it. But you have to at least try to be reasonable. He and O'Reilly were about the only two bright spots on this team for the first half of the season. When he went down, he was playing about as strong as anyone...

Sadly, the Blues don't have much choice but to send one of the youngsters down. I do enjoy watching them come up and make it damn difficult on the Blues to send them back down. All of the youngins' are playing strong...

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

last_stand

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: H2ODOG]
      #258793 - 02/27/19 09:10 AM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Quote:

last_stand said:
Quote:

H2ODOG said:
So........now you’re blaming whining players and them getting g the refs to go within them in their falling down. Gotcha. The way some of those blues guys play, maybe they should do the same. They play the part half the time. Maybe they should play the beardedclam part all the time, and get some homer ref calls. After all, it’s the same refs and works both ways

Wha? Huh?

Dude, I know that 11 game win streak was hard on you but try to follow.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Did the refs help out last night??? That’s what your last post insinuated

Said NOTHING about refs. Although they are some of the worst in sports.

See the Forsberg dive?

See their players whining to refs after the game?

Pay attention.

--------------------

last_stand

#258794 - 02/27/19 09:12 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
No dude.....you'd have to make the case....and I'm sure you'll have plenty of koolaid to share with the drinkers, but that guy is nothing but a cancer in my book. Let him sit in the press box, or home, or on the street corner, who gives a fork.

Who's talking about Steen? I said he should not move either Blais or Mac off the roster.

You sound angry. bwaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

last_stand

#258795 - 02/27/19 09:14 AM

Quote:

griffin said:

Guys been great this year. Who was scoring on the second line without him? More get off my lawn stuff from you doesn't change that. Your as stubborn as they come anyway.

We'll see about the post season with DP, that's another story altogether.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#258796 - 02/27/19 09:31 AM

I don't like Perron, I don't like Steen, I don't like Pietrangelo, and I don't like Allen. I think the team is MUCH better without any of them around, and I think the record over the last 6 weeks bears that out.....save for Pietrangelo who is certainly no leader. Throw Bowmeester in with those 4 and you have the core of the group that should be moved the h ell off that team. Yes, I realize Perron just got back, but he's the same as he ever was......highly skilled and unable to play outside himself.....useless for a successful playoff run...as usual.

Obviously the team is headed in the right direction.....none of the above have played a major role in that. All but Perron sure have played a major role in where the team was.

Yeah, I realize they can't be moved right now.....but they can keep sitting.

griffin

--------------------

fastman

Reged: 01/01/06
Loc: missouri

#258797 - 02/27/19 09:45 AM

Quote:

griffin said:

This coming from the same " no character " dude

--------------------
"A man will heedlessly charge a cannon, but puke at the sight of 6 inches of steel." Jim Bowie

fastman

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: fastman]
      #258798 - 02/27/19 09:48 AM

Just can't admit you was wrong can you grief??

--------------------
"A man will heedlessly charge a cannon, but puke at the sight of 6 inches of steel." Jim Bowie

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: fastman]
      #258799 - 02/27/19 09:54 AM

I'm not wrong.

The Blues would be a much better organization without those 5 players. I have 3+ years to back that up.....you have 6 weeks. (and 3 of those 5 barely played during that stretch....and every damn one of them will disappear in the playoffs LIKE THEY HAVE ALWAYS DONE)

Try again.

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#258800 - 02/27/19 10:24 AM

I'll basically agree with you but trashing this team as you do while ALL teams in the league have 3-5 guys they'd like to dump is ridiculous. We are talking about how they are playing with those guys, not how they could play with a perfect team. And WITH those guys they went 12-1-1 in February.

And Jbo has been actually not anything short of outstanding for past 6-8 weeks. There. I said it. I'm still breathing.

If I could I would sit Steen and play Mac or Blais or even Kyrou but we all know what will happen with this. Even scratching him every third game would be good.

This is not a likely Cup contender, not without solid goal tending and a lot more scoring punch. But this group seems to me anyway to have shaken off the past and have decided it's them that will decide where they go.

I did predict them 3rd in div last septemebr, but other than that which meant nothing really I'm not predicting a thing for them here on out. I'm just watching and more often than not being impressed with their play and their attitude.

And no doubt about it, this teams attitude since Jan 1 has been fun to watch. I hope they can keep it all going. If they make the playoffs, they have to start all over like any other team and yeah, they have to change that past too.

For now, it's simple. You just Go Blue.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#258801 - 02/27/19 01:02 PM

Look you boneheads (dumbasses)......I'm not trashing this team and I've said they played well when they have. Just stop with the non-stop lovefest like everything has been solved and they are about to win a Stanley Cup. THE FORK THEY ARE!!!

This team has had a character problem for a number of years.....that core group I named is complicit in that. They are still on the team.....the team has won NOTHING yet and has yet to even hint they won't fold under playoff pressure.

Yeah, enjoy the games while they are playing well....I have too. Just stop sounding like a bunch of dipshit homers who have never seen a hockey game or watched a hockey team evolve into something better then you see here.

The are 2 players on this team who are free and clear of any of this team's baggage. O'Reilly and Binnington.....PERIOD.

--------------------

last_stand

#258802 - 02/27/19 01:29 PM

bwaaaaa........ who said they're winning a cup? A love fest for 11 game win streak.....wow that's really over the top stuff for us homers. You must have a ball falling asleep during the third periods.

Last night wasn't a hint they aren't going to fold as they routinely did before? Last nights finish was the best yet this year. Asleep I guess.

This whole thing is how they are playing NOW. Who the fork knows what's going to happen over the next 20. Jesus dude...they won 25 points of last 28 and your still pizzed off..........you need to just drop hockey and follow bowling....bwaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

fastman

#258803 - 02/27/19 01:52 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:
bwaaaaa........ who said they're winning a cup? A love fest for 11 game win streak.....wow that's really over the top stuff for us homers. You must have a ball falling asleep during the third periods.

Last night wasn't a hint they aren't going to fold as they routinely did before? Last nights finish was the best yet this year. Asleep I guess.

This whole thing is how they are playing NOW. Who the fork knows what's going to happen over the next 20. Jesus dude...they won 25 points of last 28 and your still pizzed off..........you need to just drop hockey and follow bowling....bwaaaaaaaaaa

True dat!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#258804 - 02/27/19 02:23 PM

Quote:

last_stand said:

Yeah, I'm still pissed off.....I've been pissed off for 3 years. And now they're going to insert Steen and Perron (and Allen every chance they get) back into your lineup that has won 25 of 28 points. You should be pissed off too.

And I'm going to just forget your comment about Bowmeester......he's -4 for the season Gomer. And yeah, he's been WAY short of outstanding....being adequate is WAY short of outstanding. You must be using North County math again.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#258805 - 02/27/19 02:25 PM

And Eddie - I wrote what you know about hockey on a pinhead.....I've got room for you baseball pitchers and catchers knowledge if you need me to fill up the space.

--------------------

fastman

#258806 - 02/27/19 03:32 PM

Quote:

griffin said:
And Eddie - I wrote what you know about hockey on a pinhead.....I've got room for you baseball pitchers and catchers knowledge if you need me to fill up the space.

--------------------

last_stand

#258808 - 02/28/19 06:25 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
Quote:

last_stand said:

Yeah, I'm still pissed off.....I've been pissed off for 3 years. And now they're going to insert Steen and Perron (and Allen every chance they get) back into your lineup that has won 25 of 28 points. You should be pissed off too.

And I'm going to just forget your comment about Bowmeester......he's -4 for the season Gomer. And yeah, he's been WAY short of outstanding....being adequate is WAY short of outstanding. You must be using North County math again.

Well Steen was a playing part of the team during the run, warts and all, so there goes that part of your demand. Then, on a team who desperately needs scoring, you want Perron to sit as he was pacing for 30+ even strength goals and 2rd on team in points per game before his injury. It's no wonder you are frustrated and pissed.....you don't even know what you are watching. Perron was one of the few bright spots during the debacle of Oct-Dec, including grit. He might be a knucklehead, but by god he's been a good knuckle head this season.

As for Jbo, he has been a plus 5 since Jan 1st. Again, playing injured and buried in a horrible start I wanted him gone now he's a 20 min guy at 34 years old coming off injury playing really good hockey. If you like to watch this team "evolve" as you said then this is one of the guys doing it. And since he was moved away from Petro and paired with Parayko funny how Parayko's game has significantly improved as well.

Just stay pissed off, there's no talking to you or convincing you of even the smallest thing good about this team even as they try to climb the ladder on a 12-1-1 run. Honestly don't know why you even watch they set 2 franchise records in February then claim it's nothing then claim they are going down with the hated 4 and god knows what else when they stumble but pretty clear win lose or draw this team is never going to please you anyway.

Now, just quit watching.....and btw get the fork off my lawn too.

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#258809 - 02/28/19 08:39 AM

No, sorry, steen is barely a part of the good play of the Blues. He had ZERO goals during the streak and didn't play in 3 of the games. He has a goal and 4 assists since the first of the year. In fact, he has ONE goal since November. He sucks, and he brings the entire team down.

Again, when Perron was playing the Blues were losing....period. Since he has been out of the lineup they are at the top of the league. I'm sure in your world that's a coincidence. I've never said her couldn't play or that he was not skilled.....I said he is not, and never will be, a team player.

One day, like you have with Petro (in your words, last year, one of the best defensemen in the game), you will admit that these two are not part of any solution either.

This team can't carry itself through the playoffs.

--------------------

last_stand

#258810 - 02/28/19 09:29 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
No, sorry, steen is barely a part of the good play of the Blues. He had ZERO goals during the streak and didn't play in 3 of the games. He has a goal and 4 assists since the first of the year. In fact, he has ONE goal since November. He sucks, and he brings the entire team down.

Again, when Perron was playing the Blues were losing....period. Since he has been out of the lineup they are at the top of the league. I'm sure in your world that's a coincidence. I've never said her couldn't play or that he was not skilled.....I said he is not, and never will be, a team player.

One day, like you have with Petro (in your words, last year, one of the best defensemen in the game), you will admit that these two are not part of any solution either.

This team can't carry itself through the playoffs.

I said top 15 I believe.

And he was. By many who know the game well.

Now, not so much. Worst play of his career right now. Fallen off a cliff. For me, beyond what Allen did earlier, he is the Blues biggest roadblock for success because he is so far under his par.

And we agree on Steen, he should not be playing much at all, I just pointed out he was on that run. As for Perron, we'll see. I know his history quite well. Not easy to buck that but I am because I think players can and do change. Like I said, I'll just watch and see. This is a guy too that should just leave the game but apparently he likes hockey too much. Denying his numbers and play so far is just stupid.

So these guys and the other 18-20 players who matter as much or more are back on Friday trying to carry on the good mojo.

I'll be cheering them on. Not sure about "through" any play offs. They need to get there first.

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

#258816 - 02/28/19 07:03 PM

Which is it Griff? Are LS and Fast "boneheads" or "dumbasses".. It's confusing?

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: IIFID]
      #258819 - 02/28/19 09:12 PM

I heard that Griff already has it in his last will and testament tgat Blues players serve as his pallbearers. He wants to give them one more chance to let him down..

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

Pages: << 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 644 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 31597

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page