CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | >> (show all)
sptsman

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: Missouri

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: griffin]
      #258549 - 01/15/19 10:04 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
I hear, through the grapevine, that Perron is playing well.

griffin

I've only caught games here and there. Even then it is rarely the whole game. But... I must say DP is one of the best performing players I've seen. Had he played this way when he came into the league, he would have been one of the all-time Blues favorites...

As for the rest of this bunch, I have to wonder WTF the 2nd half of the season will bring. Anyone's guess...

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: sptsman]
      #258554 - 01/16/19 06:31 AM

A pretty good effort for the double header. And Binnington played well again, any point for these guys is a big point.

Dunn screwed up but Berube's call there should be questioned as well imo.

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

sptsman

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: last_stand]
      #258556 - 01/16/19 07:50 AM

If there is such a thing as a good loss, this was it. I didn't see all of the 1st period but most and all of the 2nd & 3rd. As usual the officiating was horrendous. Those arse clowns just couldn't stand to let them play. Two phantom/joke calls against the Blues and at least one against NY. What will it take to get these forkin' retarded zebras to call regular season games like they call the playoff games? Stop with the forkin' ticky-tac calls, just so you can turn your microphone on and hear yourself announce a penalty. Man these arse-clowns are a joke!! They absolutely ruin the flow of a really good game... The NHL will remain a garage league until they clean up this part of the game (and learn to market their star players better).

The Blues were coming off a game the night before and had 2 road wins under their belt. You could see a letdown in the making but they didn't. The only regulation NY goal they allowed was questionable at best and the hustle, hitting and solid team play was impressive. Perron was as solid as I have seen him. Having Steen and Bozak out of the line-up makes them faster. That was obvious last night. It earned them a point.

Something is very different about this team over the past week or two. I hope like heck it sticks and they make the playoffs. Otherwise, I hope they tank and get Hughes. Finishing out of the playoffs and not getting a top three pick would be a disaster...

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

#258557 - 01/16/19 08:28 AM

Especially the penalty on Bouwmeester in the third period. That was ridiculous! Great effort by Ryan O'Reilly right after it to cause the Isles to get a penalty.

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: IIFID]
      #258567 - 01/19/19 01:02 PM

I got roped into going to the game tonight.....sitting on the glass at the blue line where the Blouse shoots twice. I think I'll just get drunk and try to get thrown out.

I'll be next to the redheaded gal who looks like she wants to kill me.

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

HAUS
member for now

Loc: Paradise

#258568 - 01/19/19 03:01 PM

i'll record the game (ufc is on tonight)

get drunk and put your tiddies on the glass, so we know for sure it's you..

--------------------
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day..

HAUS
member for now

Loc: Paradise

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: HAUS]
      #258569 - 01/19/19 03:28 PM

better than that, make a sign that says "Mike McCoole for the next Blues GM!"

--------------------
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day..

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: HAUS]
      #258570 - 01/19/19 09:21 PM

Notes from the game:

Ottawa is not a good team. They are small and not fast. It looked like a high school team playing a pro team.....but they played the Blouse tough because the Blouse still has a complete lack of effort and character. They were lucky to escape tonight.

I'd rather see this team tank and get a high draft pick......they aren't going to win chit with this roster.

Steen and Petro need to sit.....how the hell he still has the C is beyond me. Play the kids.....move on with rebuilding this team.

At this point, get rid of Steen, Petro, Schwartz (WTF has happened to this guy???), and Slowmeester. Make Bennington the #1 (is 4-0-1 with a 1.7 GAA not good enough for this organization that can NEVER figure out the goalie situation?).....Let Allen ride the bench.

On another note.....not sure what I think about the changes to the building. Gone is the Blue and Yellow theme that marks a building where the Blouse plays. It's pretty damn sterile in gray and white. However, the new jumbo-tron is awesome and the lighting on the ice is probably the best I've ever seen.

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#258571 - 01/19/19 09:41 PM

Haus - I went to the game as a guest of some friends of my wife. They have had seats on the glass for 20 years......they gave them up after last year and we ended up in row 6, where their seats are now. The fella who owns the seats is about as sick of this team as I am and commented that he may not renew next year.

The crowd down there sucks too......maybe I'm just old and tired of most people.

Get off my lawn!!!

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#258572 - 01/20/19 08:13 AM

No that place is no barn. If you went to the barn, there is no comparison.The music mostly sucks, the constant noise making from all sorts is annoying. I do like the ice girls.

For now just waitng for DA to fork up most every decision in front of him. The Allen thing is beyond ridiculous. More upset about that than anything. Plays Steen top 6. You know he re-signs Petro. Kyrou makes a mistake and gets 7 mins of ice while the vets skate forgiven all night long.

I'm disappointed in Berube with a lot of this too.

But it's Blues hockey and I'll be there until the fat lady sings. It would help a lot if Schenn and Schwartz would get their frigging act together.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#258573 - 01/20/19 09:46 AM

I think Schenn is just disgusted.....he needs to move on if he doesn't want to be part of the solution. I don't blame him, but just get the fork out.

Schwartz is lost, he's a Steen disciple.....trade him.

And wtf is the deal playing Tarasenko with Maroon?? Berube is smoking crack.

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#258574 - 01/20/19 10:34 AM

I'm hunching same as you on Schenn but I'm not positive about that. We will know soon enough because if we are right Schenn will go at the deadline.

I hope he wants to stay here, but I am seeing something different, something missing. He has a history of this moving around too.

--------------------

wuchangAdministrator
spiritual advisor and gatekeeper to the Spirit World

Loc: uphill

#258576 - 01/20/19 04:15 PM

While Bernie M has his douche moments, I had to laugh at this

Quote:

TRENDING DOWN: Blues forward Jaden Schwartz, who has only 3 goals in 33 games this season. But as always, Schwartz gets a free pass from most of the STL media and too many fans. Put it this way: if the eternal scapegoat Vladimir Tarasenko only had three goals at this point of the season, fans and media would file charges and seek prosecution. The hypocrisy is amusing. Here’s a stat from the always informative STL Blues History account on Twitter: “Since 1987-88 there have been 137 St Louis Blues forwards with 80 or more shots in the Blues 1st 45 games of a season … 136 of them had 4 Goals or more in the 1st 45 games; Schwartz is only player to have less than 4 Goals.”

(Bernie comment: Must be Tarasenko’s fault, of course. For instance, I blame Tarasenko for all of the problems associated with the Delmar Loop Trolley.)

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread [Re: wuchang]
      #258587 - 01/21/19 08:01 PM

Look, this is not happening this year. Get on with the rebuilding. Trade the old guard out at the deadline and move on.

I don't think anybody should be safe at this point, but for sure.... Allen, Petrangelo, Steen, Schwartz, Slowmeester need to go.

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#258588 - 01/22/19 07:07 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
Look, this is not happening this year. Get on with the rebuilding. Trade the old guard out at the deadline and move on.

I don't think anybody should be safe at this point, but for sure.... Allen, Petrangelo, Steen, Schwartz, Slowmeester need to go.

griffin

That's like giving mom and dad the list for santa way back in the day.

And be lucky to hit on one of them.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#258589 - 01/22/19 08:38 AM

I think they can pretty easily move Petro and Schwartz, Steen is about 50/50 but may have value for a team that is going to make the playoffs and wants to shore up against injuries.....the other two, yeah, who the hell would want them?

I doesn't matter what they can get for them at this point, because they can't win with them.

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#258590 - 01/23/19 06:29 AM

Jbo's not under contract next year. Any Allen trade might have to be given compensation to take him.

Petro is the one to watch. 1 year left. This is another potential nightmare contract if the Blues keep him.

He has fallen off a cliff.

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#258591 - 01/23/19 01:36 PM

Here is a question for your Puckheads.. Just for food for thought- If you could pick any one current NHL player to start a re-build of the Blues who would it be? Auston Mathews? Conor McDavid? Pettersson from the Canucks? A defenseman perhaps? A netminder? Who?

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#258592 - 01/23/19 05:14 PM

I'll take Jack Hughes. Get busy selling the "assets" from this club, call in the season, and get on with the rebuilding.

This franchise is going nowhere as it sits.

Once again for those who didn't pay attention.....this is, without question, the worst version of the Blouse since 1967.

Sell off the "core" and move on.

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#258594 - 01/23/19 06:56 PM

I'd go with McDavid from what I have seen.

Lots of great young talent out there, you could put top 5 in a group and draw straws but that kid is something.

I know Hughs is the consensus pick but two things...a pick is just that...remember Eric Johnson? bwaaaa and secondly the kid is listed at 5-10 168 and that means he might go 160. Christ I got 5 pounds on him.

He's got major strength challenge and he's going to take a pounding bank on it!

--------------------

sptsman

#258596 - 01/24/19 08:50 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
Once again for those who didn't pay attention.....this is, without question, the worst version of the Blouse since 1967.

griffin

Your having a senior moment and forgetting the 2005 - 2008 years. While there was a reason for it, they were still some very bad teams (post-Pronger)...

As far as who you would build around, I would pick the best young, proven, tough defenseman I could find. Teams win with Pronger's, Stevens, Lidstrom, Robinson, Keith, Blake, Langway, Coffey, Potvin, Orr, etc... It all starts there...

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#258599 - 01/25/19 09:08 AM

Sptsman who is you pick as the best young, proven, tough defensman in the league right now.

Leave it to Griffin to not read the instructions for CURRENT NHL player...

I watched Hughes in the Juniors, dude is tough and strong. They say Stamkos is 6' 180.. I bet that's with his skates and all his gear on and he does pretty well.. LOL

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#258600 - 01/25/19 09:20 AM

I don't read instructions.....and besides, the Blues can't have any of those players you named so who cares?

It's probably smart to build around a great defenseman, as Andy stated....but there is never more than a handful of those guys who can fill the bill.....and NONE of them are coming to the Blouse in it's current form.

griffin

--------------------

sptsman

#258601 - 01/25/19 10:27 AM

The other issue is picking the next superstar defenseman out of a draft is a daunting proposition. The best of them will take at least 2-3 years and usually 3-5 years to develop into the force they need to be. Colton Parayko has all the skills and tools, like Pronger but he needs to be coached well and play next to someone with a lot more grit than Petro. Rest assured, if he were traded to the right team, he would be a Norris candidate many, many times and possibly win a few. I'll leave the picking of those guys to the folks that scout them for a living. The only two I even know about are Bowen Byram and the German kid, Moritz Seider. Both of those kids look like the real deal. I'm sure someone will win the Norris Trophy 6 or 8 years from now that was drafter in 2019 and we don't even know his name...

My only concern with Hughes is size. Even if they put some weight on him, he's still going to be smallish. We see how that works for guys like Fabbri. I would rather have a guy with a little more size. And it appears this year's draft has some pretty good forwards with Hughes-like skill but more size. All the skill in the world doesn't help much when you're on IR.

I just see the Blues really forking this whole thing up. I would bet a milkshake they miss the playoffs by only a few points and end up out of the top 5 draft picks...

Regarding the Schwartz funk, I have heard for the last few years that he and Berglund were close, very, very close. When you look at what happened with Berglund and then see Schwartz's funk, it sort of adds up. Trading him away in the off-season may have rocked both of their worlds more than either could handle. Who knows. It's all rumor and speculation. Apparently, the sports media types won't touch it with a 10' pole for obvious reasons. Who wants to be the writer or talk show host that throws that out there for people to chew on?

--------------------

last_stand

#258602 - 01/26/19 07:29 AM

A funny thing is 90 points might well get a team to the play offs this year. 18-12-5 could do that for Saint Louis.

While the rumor right now is that DA is not selling at deadline, (is that his neck on the line?) even funnier thing is that it seems Schwartz, Schenn, and Petro would be among leading trade chips if he did AND imo these 3 plus JA are the most disappointing players of the season.

I like Schwartz... effort remains strong main issue is totally snake bit. Petro and Schenn seem to be mailing it in.

I never support tanking. This franchise would fork that up any way. I agree you play the younger guys and see what you have and provide the experience for them but play to win every night. More playing time for Sunny, Thomas, Blais, Sanford, Kyrou etc is not tanking. It's smart and it might get a reaction.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 880 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 31597

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page