CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
wuchangAdministrator
spiritual advisor and gatekeeper to the Spirit World

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: uphill

Mizzou 9-UConn 6---WTF?
      #250088 - 09/19/15 01:42 PM

Maybe a long SEC season

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
fastman

Reged: 01/01/06
Loc: missouri

Re: Mizzou 9-UConn 6---WTF? [Re: wuchang]
      #250089 - 09/19/15 06:08 PM

Ya think??? Feel sorry for Bubba

--------------------
"A man will heedlessly charge a cannon, but puke at the sight of 6 inches of steel." Jim Bowie

Bubba
strangesly aroused

Loc: Lemmingstan

Re: Mizzou 9-UConn 6---WTF? [Re: fastman]
      #250090 - 09/19/15 06:13 PM

Bubba is fine...the Dawgs are whippin up on SC!!

I was at the Mizzou game. Pitiful it was.

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Reged: 12/15/05
Loc: Nipawin, Saskatchewan

Re: Mizzou 9-UConn 6---WTF? [Re: Bubba]
      #250091 - 09/19/15 06:23 PM

Dawg says we needn't worry so it's all ok!

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

Re: Mizzou 9-UConn 6---WTF? [Re: IIFID]
      #250092 - 09/19/15 06:59 PM

Dog is full of chit. Mark it down, we'll be lucky to beat UConn by a field goal.

griffin

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

last_stand
the gay card thrower Call Me Ragnar

Loc: anywhere but "HomeofToto"

Re: Mizzou 9-UConn 6---WTF? [Re: griffin]
      #250096 - 09/20/15 07:09 PM

We looked like fido's butt.

--------------------
Sometimes you got it sometimes you get got.

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Re: Mizzou 9-UConn 6---WTF? [Re: last_stand]
      #250101 - 09/21/15 08:06 AM

If the offense (termed loosely) is that "offensive" in SEC games we are in for a looooong season. I don't think Hansborough coming back can solve the issue - hell I don't know if a combination of Barry Sims, Adrian Peterson and Tony Dorsett would make a difference.

--------------------
Thought for the day; “It’s impossible to think outside of the box when all you do is think about getting inside of the box.”

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Reged: 12/22/05

#250104 - 09/21/15 09:37 AM

At Kentucky. At Vandy. Carolina & FL at home.......not a single one of those programs has looked good all year. Arkansas will be looking for games to win to make A bowl game possible now. Hansbourough makes the offense click. Without him right now they are struggling bad. The D is solid. Last year MIZZOU was flailing after a loss to Indiana & sitting at 2-1. People said they were done and would be lucky to win 7 games on the season.......including many people posting here on this thread.

Just saying

--------------------
It’s better to be hated for who you are, instead of loved for who you aren’t.

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Re: Mizzou 9-UConn 6---WTF? [Re: H2ODOG]
      #250106 - 09/21/15 10:44 AM

OK Mr. Stats - I think you may be comparing apples and armadillos here. They were actually 3 -1 after the Indiana debacle last year but WERE AVERAGING 39 POINTS a game! Through three games this year (against two directional schools and a team that should be an FCS program)they are averaging 23. I do hope that you're right and having Hansborough back fixes everything but I am a doubter. I do believe in the defense but they can't be on the field as much as they have been when it comes to SEC time.

--------------------

wuchangAdministrator

#250107 - 09/21/15 12:30 PM

Quote:

IIFID said:
(against two directional schools and a team that should be an FCS program)

and people say they don't get any content from this dive

You gotta love it

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#250108 - 09/21/15 12:51 PM

The holes are there. The current RB's aren't hitting the holes and dancing it outside. Mizzou doesn't have Chubb as a backup behind Hansborough. When Gurley went down for the Dawgs last year everyone thought they were done. Chubbs stepped it up. We don't have that luxury.

MU O line has given up 5 sacks in 3 games. Not great, but lots of better teams have given up more. Poor decisions by Mauk have led to a few also. I don't think the problem is with the line as much as it is with the RB's and the QB failing to keep drives going. And players dropping easy passes. Arkansas State game was embarrassing for the receivers

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#250109 - 09/21/15 01:30 PM

Look dude....I don't mean to rain on your parade.....but we have the 116th ranked offense in the country and we have played Arkansas State, The Little Sisters of the Poor, and Quadraplegic University.

There are holes alright....all over the entire forking offense....from the line to the QB to the receivers. This is the cold hard truth......Missouri, at the easiest part of their schedule, has one of the worst (arguably because of strength of schedule THE worst) offenses in the country.

That's the end of the discussion....only Tommy Pham can help them now.

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#250110 - 09/21/15 02:13 PM

Or Jaroslav Halak..
And hire Hitchcock dammit STAT!

--------------------

wuchangAdministrator

#250111 - 09/21/15 03:48 PM

Quote:

griffin said:
Look dude....I don't mean to rain on your parade.....but we have the 116th ranked offense in the country and we have played Arkansas State, The Little Sisters of the Poor, and Quadraplegic University.

That's the end of the discussion....only Tommy Pham can help them now.

again this dump produces diamonds

LS will have to go into Thesaurus Rex mode to top today's literary gems

last_stand

#250112 - 09/21/15 04:02 PM

Well, must say griffin is always in the running for that magnanimous distinction........but I think dawg takes it by a photo finish with this straight face declaration:

"The holes are there"

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#250113 - 09/21/15 04:22 PM

I'll make sure to call you about 5 pm next Saturday night to see if MU goes 4-0. If they go 3-1 like last year, all you sky falling people will pull another hamstring jumping off your bandwagon
They are ranked 116th on offense because they have ZERO talent taking handoffs at RB. When your receivers drop 7-8 passes MINIMUM in a game against the Sisters of the Poor......a game mind you that we said we would lose in week 2.

Say what you want about having a D on the field too long. Last year AT THE SWAMP Mizzou had like 20 passing yards ofpassing and still won, because the D scored 2 times and they stayed on the field most of the game. MM had an amazing game for more scores but no RB rushed for more than 38 yards.

Can'tucky and Floroda are both bad teams that couldn't put up more than 250 yards of offense against their 2 bad defenses this week. Neither D is even close to Mizzou and I would say Arkansas State has a better D and O than both Can'tucky and Florida.........and Vandy for that matter.

Like I said before the season starts........Hansbourough is the key. With him we do good things. Without him we struggle. Mizzou O looked horrible last year against Indiana, Florida, Georgia, and looked bad against Kentucky and Vandy,............but things turned out OK last fall.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#250114 - 09/21/15 04:41 PM

LS...........I'm surprised u can even get the Mizzou game on those rabbit ears and the black and white Tube TV you use

--------------------

last_stand

#250115 - 09/21/15 04:45 PM

I know you're big on spelling, so it is Hansbrough.

I told you months ago this O line is inexperienced and there were going to be issues with them. You then said I hated Mizzou. bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I told you Mauk HAS to get his completion rate above sea level. And he had to do it with a soft O line and young receivers. He hasn't.

I hope they win Dawg. I hope everything comes around. Hansbrough will be huge coming back, no doubt, but Mauk has to get his ass in gear and be the guy we all hoped him to be.

Will he do that?? Can he LEAD this young group of receivers? I have seen them open plenty.......it's not a forkin lemonade stand they are running out there they are open for short bursts and short windows and if we want to get a respectable offense going Mauk has to hit them precisely and perfectly. And dammit if he's a great qb then this is his year to be one. It's time.

This D deserves better than what they are getting.

So I'm with you. I look for a much better game this coming weekend. And Mauk needs to be a big part of that.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#250116 - 09/21/15 05:12 PM

Mauk needs to quit looking for 40 yard bombs. The 5-10 yard passes are there. He wants the highlight reel passes. When Russell gets back things will change. Without him, the scoring will b at a premium

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#250117 - 09/21/15 05:58 PM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Maui needs to quit looking for 40 yard bombs. The 5-10 yard passes are there. He wants the highlight reel passes. When Russell gets back things will change. Without him, the scoring will b at a premium

Why do you hate Hawaii??

--------------------

last_stand

#250118 - 09/21/15 06:00 PM

Anybody got the time? This place don't.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#250119 - 09/21/15 06:05 PM

Dude....it's 11, get over it.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#250121 - 09/21/15 07:06 PM

Quote:

griffin said:

Actually Mizzou ranks 109th in the country as far as total offense is concerned.....just thought you should upgrade your stats since you are all knowing of college football wins.

As bad as Mauk and the Mizzou pass attack is.......They are 9th in the SEC....and Georgia only has 663 passing yards compared to 652 for Mizzou. As bad as the Mizzou passing game is, only 3 teams have more passing TD's than Mizzou in the SEC. LSWHO, Carolina, Auburn, Tennessee, & Can'tucky all have less yards through the air. Hell LSU's passing game is so damn bad, they have only thrown the ball 31 times all year for 145 yards total. Our passing game might not be the best, but it sure isn't the worst.

Mizzou is DEAD LAST in the SEC for Rushing Yards. Behind Candy and Can'tucky. Hell Mauk is almost leading the team in Rushing Yards. Ish has 137 yards rushing, Zero TD's and a 3.2 average..........while Mauk has a total of 98 yards rushing. Without Hansbrough in the lineup, Mizzou O will be in trouble. He is listed as probable for the game on Saturday. He knows he has to make up for lost ground to improve on his draft stock. He has a great chance to play on Sundays and needs to have a great season to go in the higher rounds. When he gets back, the MU offense should take off.

--------------------

dabsAdministrator

Loc: New Money, USA

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
      #250122 - 09/21/15 07:17 PM

Mauk might get into the 2nd quarter this week before they pull him.

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: Mizzou 9-UConn 6---WTF? [Re: dabs]
      #250127 - 09/22/15 08:07 AM

Oh wait.....Missouri is 109th in total offense instead of 116th? And you say they are 9th in the hotbed of passing attacks known as the SEC.....well, nevermind then, my bad.

griffin

--------------------

DADAKOTA

Loc: Missouri West Side

#250132 - 09/22/15 11:07 AM

Put Mauk on the bench and go with Locke.

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#250133 - 09/22/15 11:40 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
Oh wait.....Missouri is 109th in total offense instead of 116th? And you say they are 9th in the hotbed of passing attacks known as the SEC.....well, nevermind then, my bad.

griffin

Dayum son you were as far off as Richard Sherman was in the XBox ad!

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#250138 - 09/22/15 04:10 PM

Quote:

griffin said:

griffin

Mizzou is 76th in the country in passing yards. Rushing yards they are 119th.......again.......Hansbrough brings so much to the offense that is lacking. I realize we aren't talking about something like poor STL hockey, the Tour de Steroids, track, triathlons or women's equestrian.....all sports you are an expert in.

This is football. A great run game sets up a pass game. With no run game, team key on your passing game. Mizzou's leading rushing has 130 yards in 3 games. Might have the expert west side guys do the yards per game average, but its not good. Mauk hasn't been great, by any means.....but the Arkansas State game for instance Mauk threw 51%. It could have easily been 67% had the easy balls been caught. Hansbrough back at 100% takes some pressure of Mauk and opens up the passing game.

I'll wait until Saturday night to see ask you for your winning pick for the Kentucky game and to see how well Mauk and Hansbrough do together, before I put down some $$ on the game.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#250139 - 09/22/15 04:11 PM

Quote:

dabs said:
Mauk might get into the 2nd quarter this week before they pull him.

Actually Mauk will get pulled in the 1st quarter....just like he had the first 3 games...so I doubt it.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Re: Mizzou 9-UConn 6---WTF? [Re: DADAKOTA]
      #250142 - 09/22/15 05:17 PM

Quote:

DADAKOTA said:

Yes.....by all means put in the freshman......and take out the second leading rusher on the team.

Mauk has thrown 80 passes with 4 picks
Lock has thrown 20 passes with 1 pick
I don't think you need your engineering degree to figure out how many passes to picks each one has.

80 pass attempts and 5 TD's
20 pass attempts and 1 TD

Start the Freshman over the guy who is 17-4 as a starter, who hasn't had a running back for the first 3 games. If Mauk can't get it done with Hansbrough back then, by all means start Locke. Until then Locke needs to sit back and wait for his time.

When Brad Smith was throwing passes, everyone bitched and wanted Chase Daniel to take over. When Chase Daniel was QB everyone said he wasn't getting it done enough and to bring in the vagina Gabbert. When Gabbert was in there, everyone wanted Franklin. When Franklin took over and was hurt every week, they said bring in Mauk. When Mauk did so damn well, no one wanted Franklin to come back. When Mauk took over, everyone bitched that he has won games and now wank Locke to take over. Pinkle has won 84 games in 9 seasons, not counting this years 3 wins. One bad year in 2012 with a bunch of injuries and no proven QB. I'm not saying GP has it all figured out, since he can't win a fuking conference championship game.......but he must be doing something right. From 2000-2011 Mizzou was tied for 24th, for the most wins. That includes Larry Smith's horrible 3-8 record in 2000 and the GP early bad years. Schools like Northern Illinois, Hawaii, Boise State, with their blue chit field, Southern Miss, Fresno, State, & Toledo.....all non conference pushovers were included in those totals.

Move up to the last 10 years since 2005 and Mizzou now ranks the 15th winningest program in the last decade. Like it or not GP, has brought Mizzou into the National spotlight. I'm not happy with Mauk, but without the entire offense on the field, I'll wait to see what happens. Its about Wins and losses. I'll take a proven QB over a guy who might get it done and had one impressive drive against the Sister of the Immaculate Blind Academy in the first game of the year. His last game against UCONN and the poor decisions and throws showed me he still needs more reps at practice.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/08/best-col...state-most-wins

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#250145 - 09/22/15 05:58 PM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Quote:

griffin said:

griffin

women's equestrian..... you are an expert in.

That's not all! With 4 daughters and a wife I'm also an expert on women's menstruation.....which actually comes in handy when I'm trying to decipher your bullchit.

griffin

--------------------

HAUS
member for now

Loc: Paradise

#250146 - 09/22/15 06:00 PM

dear lord..

--------------------
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day..

wuchangAdministrator

Re: Mizzou 9-UConn 6---WTF? [Re: HAUS]
      #250147 - 09/22/15 06:04 PM

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#250150 - 09/22/15 06:34 PM

Quote:

griffin said:
Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Quote:

griffin said:

griffin

women's equestrian..... you are an expert in.

That's not all! With 4 daughters and a wife I'm also an expert on women's menstruation.....which actually comes in handy when I'm trying to decipher your bullchit.

griffin

Yes....and apparently with 4 daughters, a wife, and 2 ex wives....you have grown a vagina to match theirs, and better get along with them.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#250152 - 09/22/15 06:49 PM

Stay down, son......stay down.

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#250240 - 09/28/15 08:15 AM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Quote:

DADAKOTA said:

Yes.....by all means put in the freshman......and take out the second leading rusher on the team.

Mauk has thrown 80 passes with 4 picks
Lock has thrown 20 passes with 1 pick
I don't think you need your engineering degree to figure out how many passes to picks each one has.

80 pass attempts and 5 TD's
20 pass attempts and 1 TD

Start the Freshman over the guy who is 17-4 as a starter, who hasn't had a running back for the first 3 games. If Mauk can't get it done with Hansbrough back then, by all means start Locke. Until then Locke needs to sit back and wait for his time.

When Brad Smith was throwing passes, everyone bitched and wanted Chase Daniel to take over. When Chase Daniel was QB everyone said he wasn't getting it done enough and to bring in the vagina Gabbert. When Gabbert was in there, everyone wanted Franklin. When Franklin took over and was hurt every week, they said bring in Mauk. When Mauk did so damn well, no one wanted Franklin to come back. When Mauk took over, everyone bitched that he has won games and now wank Locke to take over. Pinkle has won 84 games in 9 seasons, not counting this years 3 wins. One bad year in 2012 with a bunch of injuries and no proven QB. I'm not saying GP has it all figured out, since he can't win a fuking conference championship game.......but he must be doing something right. From 2000-2011 Mizzou was tied for 24th, for the most wins. That includes Larry Smith's horrible 3-8 record in 2000 and the GP early bad years. Schools like Northern Illinois, Hawaii, Boise State, with their blue chit field, Southern Miss, Fresno, State, & Toledo.....all non conference pushovers were included in those totals.

Move up to the last 10 years since 2005 and Mizzou now ranks the 15th winningest program in the last decade. Like it or not GP, has brought Mizzou into the National spotlight. I'm not happy with Mauk, but without the entire offense on the field, I'll wait to see what happens. Its about Wins and losses. I'll take a proven QB over a guy who might get it done and had one impressive drive against the Sister of the Immaculate Blind Academy in the first game of the year. His last game against UCONN and the poor decisions and throws showed me he still needs more reps at practice.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/08/best-col...state-most-wins

Umm yet again the Junior QB had another stellar 50% completion rate but he at least he didn't throw his normal stupid interception. This against a team ranked 70th or something is defense?

Umm does this team have three more wins on it's schedule??? Not if they keep playing the way they have.

I'm no NostraGriffin but I foresee Locke as the starter before year end if the offense continues to stink this bad.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#250249 - 09/28/15 12:06 PM

MM was the leading rusher against Kentucky. I'll let that sink in for a little bit before I confuse you any more about how football works. Every team I played on from grade school to college except one year was successful. The one bad year had 13 starters injured by week 5. EVERY team had a great running attack, with an average to above average QB. Without a RB who can do his job, not blaming MM for anything. The receivers don't catch the ball very well either. Having Locke throw to dickheads that can't the ball won't change the fact that they can't catch. It's like selling the horse, because the cow stopped making milk.

ZERO RUN GAME........leads to people only rushing 3 or 4 people and dropping the rest into coverage. That's 7-8, if you follow the rules of football, dropped into coverage......running down 4 receivers and a back dropping in the flats or an under route. 7-8 guys can effectively cover 4-5 guys unless they are horrible on D. Kentucky gives up about 200 yards a game through the air. That's better than Miss State, Bama, Wisconsin, Notre Dammit, Oklahoma, Tennesee, BYU, KState and plenty more

You go sort the stats.
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/st...5&sort=1121

When you don't have a run game, without an option style run first quarterback you have what you have with Mizzou. Putting in Locke won't change a damn thing. Neither QB can make the receivers catch the ball. Until the guy who is 17-5 as a starter can't go, or can't get wins with a proficient running back in there.......Locke learns from the sidelines. I don't blame the 50% completion rate on MM. If you watched any of the damn games, you wouldn't either.

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#250251 - 09/28/15 12:59 PM

Funny thing "Stats Boy" is that Locke (in a smaller sample size, I know before you bring it up) is averaging a 60.0% completion rate for the season VS MM's 51.8% throwing to the same peeps who can't catch? Locke is averaging 15.0 yards per completion vs. 11.47 for MM and even more compelling is that MM is averaging 5.95 yards per attempt vs. 9.0 for Locke. Yes MM has 6 TD's but has also thrown 4 INT's. Locke has one of each. And BTW Locke's rating is 140.8 vs 112.5 for MM.

So you just keep finding reasons for MM to be the starter while the MU sucks with him on the field..

Just wondering.. Do you have a poster of MM up in your room? Because it kind of sounds like a man crush.. just sayin'..

--------------------

last_stand

#250252 - 09/28/15 02:43 PM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
MM was the leading rusher against Kentucky. I'll let that sink in for a little bit before I confuse you any more about how football works. Every team I played on from grade school to college except one year was successful. The one bad year had 13 starters injured by week 5. EVERY team had a great running attack, with an average to above average QB. Without a RB who can do his job, not blaming MM for anything. The receivers don't catch the ball very well either. Having Locke throw to dickheads that can't the ball won't change the fact that they can't catch. It's like selling the horse, because the cow stopped making milk.

ZERO RUN GAME........leads to people only rushing 3 or 4 people and dropping the rest into coverage. That's 7-8, if you follow the rules of football, dropped into coverage......running down 4 receivers and a back dropping in the flats or an under route. 7-8 guys can effectively cover 4-5 guys unless they are horrible on D. Kentucky gives up about 200 yards a game through the air. That's better than Miss State, Bama, Wisconsin, Notre Dammit, Oklahoma, Tennesee, BYU, KState and plenty more

You go sort the stats.
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/st...5&sort=1121

When you don't have a run game, without an option style run first quarterback you have what you have with Mizzou. Putting in Locke won't change a damn thing. Neither QB can make the receivers catch the ball. Until the guy who is 17-5 as a starter can't go, or can't get wins with a proficient running back in there.......Locke learns from the sidelines. I don't blame the 50% completion rate on MM. If you watched any of the damn games, you wouldn't either.

Football is a team game, no argument there.

But QB is the most important position on the team. Yes, Caulkin was out, Hansbrough was 80% tops, no run game to speak of, he's throwing to a young core of receivers, his O line is inexperienced and can't run block and we had a bunch of injuries during the game.

There's all that.

But just to add one more piece of turd to the pile, so far this year, Mauk has been terrible throwing the football. Even with time, even with space, even with open receivers he has failed time and again to deliver. Great runner, not so great passer.

Drops? I've seen great receptions that should have been drops. Brown had 2 of them Saturday. Are you keeping track of them too? Moore and Brown can catch the football. And Hunt ain't too shabby. They're young, they're still learning but they gotta have a forkin ball in their hemisphere to catch.

Play Locke don't play Locke. Lockes got nothing to do with this I just know Mauk wasn't good enough last Saturday just like the majority of that team. No forkin way he skates on that loss.

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#250253 - 09/28/15 04:11 PM

Am I saying the Tigers win that game with Locke in the game? No! But after watching Mauk so far this season I think Locke gives them a better chance. From what I've seen this year Mauk has regressed instead of improving. Does the O-line suck? Yep. Is it bad that Hansbrough is hurt? Yep. But Mauk has been bad dude. You ask if I've been watching the games - I was really wondering if you have been?

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#250254 - 09/28/15 04:21 PM

Quote:

IIFID said:
Funny thing "Stats Boy" is that Locke (in a smaller sample size, I know before you bring it up) is averaging a 60.0% completion rate for the season VS MM's 51.8% throwing to the same peeps who can't catch? Locke is averaging 15.0 yards per completion vs. 11.47 for MM and even more compelling is that MM is averaging 5.95 yards per attempt vs. 9.0 for Locke. Yes MM has 6 TD's but has also thrown 4 INT's. Locke has one of each. And BTW Locke's rating is 140.8 vs 112.5 for MM.

So you just keep finding reasons for MM to be the starter while the MU sucks with him on the field..

Just wondering.. Do you have a poster of MM up in your room? Because it kind of sounds like a man crush.. just sayin'..

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#250256 - 09/28/15 04:41 PM

16-5 As a starter. I just call it like it is. When your leading rusher on the team the last two games IS YOUR non option running Pocket QB, the ONLY TD scored by ANYONE running the ball FOR THE SEASON, 4 forking games in is Mauk, and the leading yards per carry rusher is Mauk........I'm guessing we have more damn issues at Running back that we do at QB. Until the Running back issued is solved, there is nothing to change at QB. Locke drives the field to get hung up out of field goal range or right on the verge of it. Hell Mauk seems to do just fine with that. Take Mauk out of the game and then Mizzou really would have no rushing game. Locke sure as hell isn't running the ball.

Locke isn't going in anytime soon, unless Mauk gets hurt. Until the Run game gets established, it doesn't matter who the fork you stick back there. Locke looks like a freshman out there. But hey, I'm all for sticking Locke in the mix this week against South Carolina. That way when he loses the game all you westside koolaid drinking dudes with the Drew Locke tattoo on your shoulder can piss and moan about who we should recruit to replace Locke.

--------------------

last_stand

#250258 - 09/28/15 05:11 PM

I agree Pinkel will probably keep Locke in the harbor. Stormy seas are no place for a rookie skipper. bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Locke IS the future. And as a throwing arm it looks pretty bright but he has a lot to learn yet.

Dawg when Hansbrough comes back I hope the line can open some holes by then.

Right now they remind me of the scene in Animal House when the marching band runs into the back alley brick wall.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#250260 - 09/28/15 05:28 PM

Had Locke actually finished his drives down the field in his last 3 games, instead of letting them stall out or go for an INT, I would be saying stick the kid in there. I would be all about giving his 2 series in a row to see if he can get momentum going......but 17-5 just sticks in my mind.

Jones was on his way out and everyone wanted Daniel.....then Gabbert would be the deal, then no one could wait to get Franklin, then Mauk was the new hero when Franklin struggled. Same now with Locke. Let the kid learn the system this year, and next year let them go head to head. I'm all about winning games.

--------------------

Bubba
strangesly aroused

#250262 - 09/28/15 09:14 PM

Stop it!

Every team has an off year and every player has off games...Mizzou and MM come to mind.

Repeated stats and lame rationalization can't change that.

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#250263 - 09/28/15 09:44 PM

Very True Bubba.......seems when Mizzou played Kentucky, they went Georgiaing. I guess its better to do that now, that when the SEC East title is on the line.

--------------------

sptsman

Loc: Missouri

#250265 - 09/29/15 07:01 AM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
Very True Bubba.......seems when Mizzou played Kentucky, they went Georgiaing. I guess its better to do that now, that when the SEC East title is on the line.

When the SEC East title is on the line? To quote the infamous rant of Jim Mora, "Playoffs? You talking about Playoffs?..."

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

Re: Mizzou 9-UConn 6---WTF? [Re: sptsman]
      #250267 - 09/29/15 08:17 AM

Other than NostraGriffin who will accurately predict these games (at a later date), with the way they're playing do you see six more wins in this schedule?
SC HOME
FLORIDA HOME
GA AWAY
VANDY AWAY
MISS STATE AWAY
BYU HOME
TENN HOME
ARK HOME

I myself might see four wins in there and therefore bowl eligible but can't see see six wins. I hope I'm wrong!

--------------------

dabsAdministrator

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
      #250275 - 09/29/15 06:40 PM

Looks like the question will be answered this weekend if a quarterback swap could be the thing needed for the ZOU

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#250276 - 09/29/15 06:47 PM

All you Locke fans with the tattos on the arms will find out how good your freshman is......Maty Mauk is suspended for this weekends game. Maybe Hansbrough will be hurt still and yall can find out how good or bad the Fresh is.

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#250288 - 09/30/15 08:28 AM

The bigger question is if he is better, will the President of the "MM Fan Club" admit it or will Mr. President have numerous explanations otherwise?

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#250290 - 09/30/15 01:23 PM

I guess when you find that dude.......let me know

--------------------

last_stand

#250302 - 10/01/15 04:11 PM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
All you Locke fans with the tattos on the arms will find out how good your freshman is......Maty Mauk is suspended for this weekends game. Maybe Hansbrough will be hurt still and yall can find out how good or bad the Fresh is.

Well I sure as hell ain't afraid to find out.

All things considered, his big misses have been long throws not released at the proper time. A few others he just flat out missed his receivers. But all in all, that kid has looked pretty decent.

Has anyone asked if Locke was with Mauk last Friday?

--------------------

sptsman

#250317 - 10/02/15 08:29 AM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Has anyone asked if Locke was with Mauk last Friday?

Everyone has been specifically instructed not to ask that question...

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#250330 - 10/02/15 04:04 PM

Vegas believes it's a Lock - MU by 3 to 3.5!
The o/u is only 41 to 43 so it's not projected to be a shootout!

And then there is the T-Tech vs Baylor game which apparently will look like Madden NCAA 2015 - the O/U is running 87 to 89!

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#250338 - 10/03/15 06:24 PM

The Kid completed 75% of his passes and didn't throw a pick. Wittier and the O-line came to play.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#250339 - 10/03/15 06:54 PM

I've done a lot of drinking in my life, but I've never drank myself out of D1 QB job.

I'm kind of proud of Mauk, that's strong work.

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#250340 - 10/03/15 08:10 PM

Earth to Pinkel.....Earth to Pinkel.....Did you really say ONE game suspension????

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#250373 - 10/05/15 01:18 PM

Where is Dawg commenting on the Kids performance??

I imagine that it would something to the effect of
"The win was due to a strong performance by the O-Line, the running backs and the play of the Tiger defense much more than the QB play."
Think I'm close?
Hi Dawg!

I believe that we will see MM back in as the starter this week. Unfortunately I am not at all hopeful especially after what I saw from the Gator defense versus Ole Miss on Saturday.

--------------------

dabsAdministrator

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
      #250374 - 10/05/15 02:06 PM

Talking heads have been saying from multiple reports in the last hour Mauks suspension will carry over for this week also....it sounds like it is easier for Pinkel to tell him he is suspended because of disciplinary reasons rather than tell him Locke stole his spot in one week.

Next week will be the hammer week if Locke performs this week

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#250375 - 10/05/15 02:30 PM

Lock-tober!

--------------------

last_stand

#250376 - 10/05/15 03:55 PM

Well hell the O line did play their best game. Each game they play together, if they have the potential, the better.

And Hansbrough had his best game too. No denying that.

I heard most of the game on the radio. But I did see Lockes first td pass to Brown. Mauk doesn't make that play, imo. The read, the pass. The kid hung in the play and never lost focus and delivered a perfect beaut and Brown grabbed it.

So far, he has proved far more accurate than #1. In a lot of ways, he game managed that win more than anything. Pretty smart, no picks and just a couple that could have been.

It's a team game, but 75% accuracy can really help your team. bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#250383 - 10/05/15 07:26 PM

Ummm Russell went off for like 43 yards! Lol But Witter had probably his best game.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#250384 - 10/05/15 08:04 PM

Quote:

IIFID said:
Where is Dawg commenting on the Kids performance??

I imagine that it would something to the effect of
"The win was due to a strong performance by the O-Line, the running backs and the play of the Tiger defense much more than the QB play."
Think I'm close?
Hi Dawg!

I believe that we will see MM back in as the starter this week. Unfortunately I am not at all hopeful especially after what I saw from the Gator defense versus Ole Miss on Saturday.

Mizzou rushed for 163 yards on Saturday........you know the same horrible line we've had all year, that can't make holes. 163 yards on the ground........and just in case you were wondering that matched 40% of the rushing yards for the entire season. Ish's 98 yards matches what the ENTIRE MIZZOU team rushed for against the Sister of the Poor from SEMO. 163 yards is almost as many yards as we rushed against the School of the Blind from Arkansas AND against the Yankee's from UCONN combined.

With no run game, you can't win football games, unless you play in the Big 12-1-1-2+2 where they have NAIA players on defense in the entire league.....then it doesn't matter who's running.

And yes.....the Defense had something to do with the win. MU D leads all of the SEC in total defense with 263 Yards a game.....only 771 yards through the air all year, and the 6th best Run D in the league. That's 4 yards a play on the D, which is the same as Bama. If it wasn't for that D, we would most likely be 1-4 instead of 4-1

--------------------

last_stand

#250387 - 10/06/15 05:27 AM

Yeah yeah yeah.

So who do you want at quarterback this Saturday dawg?

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#250388 - 10/06/15 06:19 AM

News on the west side reporting Lock is the starter.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#250399 - 10/06/15 10:48 AM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Yeah yeah yeah.

So who do you want at quarterback this Saturday dawg?

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I don't care who is back there taking snaps. Put 2 left feet Gabbert the beardedclam back there. It's about Wins at the end of the day I'll take the 17-5 guy or the 1-0 guy. It's a big game at home for a freshman against the 11th ranked team in the nation. With a better run game, and one that gets stronger and healthier ever day.............it makes it easier on whoever is taking snaps.

Florida crushed Ole Miss and jumped 14 spots in the polls. You can bet your ass if Mizzou crushes Florida, we barely crack the top 25.......settling in about #21. No love for Mizzou in the polls and for the rest of the season you will hear, but, but, but, but they lost to Kentucky

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#250400 - 10/06/15 10:50 AM

If the newest problems for Mauk are true, and the rumors are what they are...........Mauk probably won't play again. You can't play Tony Montana and keep a D1 football scholarship

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#250401 - 10/06/15 11:18 AM

Maty Mauk aka Tony Montana: You wanna waste my time? Okay. I call my lawyer. He's the best lawyer in CoMo. He's such a good lawyer, that by tomorrow morning, you gonna be working in Alaska. So dress warm.

--------------------

last_stand

#250402 - 10/06/15 12:13 PM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
If the newest problems for Mauk are true, and the rumors are what they are...........Mauk probably won't play again. You can't play Tony Montana and keep a D1 football scholarship

Are the "newest problems" different from the original suspension problem?

Drunk on the eve of the KY game is bad enough.

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#250403 - 10/06/15 01:42 PM

Rumor has it that they are..
But as The Dog said, until confirmation they are nothing but rumors..

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#250405 - 10/06/15 02:56 PM

"Newest problems" coincide with the original drinking on the Friday before the game, but would be way more serious violations of team rules than was originally thought. I've talked to several people around the program that have all said the same thing about the new problem that was brought out a few days ago. It doesn't look good for MM for sure.

--------------------

last_stand

#250407 - 10/06/15 04:46 PM

I know he's a big boy and big enough to stay out of trouble, wondering how much his fathers illness is affecting his behavior.

I am saddened the kid has put himself in this position.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#250408 - 10/06/15 04:55 PM

Meh - it's now the Lock era......let's move on.

griffin

--------------------

last_stand

#250409 - 10/06/15 05:49 PM

Agree......it's about the team first.

Just hope the kid Mauk can come out on top too.

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#250420 - 10/08/15 08:29 AM

Vegas likes the Gators this week but not as much as I would have expected. I see where they are anywhere from 3.5 to 5.5 point favorites. Not expecting a lot of points as the O/U is 39.5 to 40.
Florida's defense is really good. The Kid is definitely going to get a trial by fire this week.

--------------------

sptsman

#250423 - 10/08/15 09:30 AM

Mizzou has the upset of the week for college football. Bet on 'em but take the points, just in case...

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#250424 - 10/08/15 09:48 AM

Listening to the talking heads this week.........and they talk about how Legit FL is..........the team picked to finish like 5th in the east. Florida is the new Tennessee. A team with a hot shot QB and a legit Young talented D........blah blah blah. And then in the next breath talk about how the Dawgs vs. Tenn game is the matchup of the week.........really????? Tennessee and the delusional fan base is ready to run Butch out of town. Every year for the last 3 seasons was their year to shine. Their year to win it all......and just like last year those suckers will be lucky to be bowl eligible.

Florida jumped 14 points in the polls with a win over #3 Old Piss. Florida is "legit" and the real deal according to the poll people. Old Piss killed Bama and Florida killed Old Piss. So what happens if MO handles FL???? Big win or by a Field Goal.......does that make Mizzou Legit now??? No matter how Mizzou wins, they won't get the love in the polls. A huge win gets them to #20 at best. A squeak by win gets their foot barely inside the Top 25. A MU wins puts them back in the hunt for a 3 peat in the east, and makes the Athens game the biggest game on the schedule. The winner of that game would be the winner of the east most likely.

Piss state won't like comin to The Zou in November. We are 9-0 against the SEC at home in November and have only lost 3 games at home in November in 10 years.

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#250426 - 10/08/15 10:00 AM

Dawg I know you're no Griffin when it comes to being able to predict... But are you picking the Tigers this week? And if so, is that with your head or your heart?

--------------------

last_stand

#250429 - 10/08/15 10:02 AM

Tigers by 9

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#250430 - 10/08/15 10:22 AM

Quote:

last_stand said:
Tigers by 9

Dayum son! That is bold!
I hope you're a NostraGriffin!

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#250432 - 10/08/15 10:35 AM

Tigers by 14

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#250507 - 10/10/15 08:08 PM

At this point in the game.......Lock is 10 for 23 with 104 yards, and a pick. 51 of those yards came on 2 throws in the 1st series of the game. 8 completions for a whopping 53 yards in 3 quarters. I'm not watching the game. I'm glad this Yankee TV set doesn't have the SEC Network right now. How sour is the koolaid tonight you Lock fans???

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#250509 - 10/10/15 08:14 PM

Dammit.......while I was tying the kid went 0-2 on his first passes on the drive. Finally threw for a 40 yard TD pass on the 3rd throw of be series. Too bad it was to a Florida player.

--------------------

sptsman

#250511 - 10/11/15 05:07 AM

The only good news for Mizzou / Lock is that he didn't get killed. He was clearly overwhelmed by the Florida D and his Swiss cheese line wasn't much help.

--------------------

last_stand

#250512 - 10/11/15 06:16 AM

He looked like a freshman under pressure for 60 minutes to me.

Where was our star Junior qb, btw?

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#250515 - 10/11/15 11:08 AM

Hansbrough 8.2 yards a carry
Ish 3.5 yards carry
Abbington 12 yards a carry
Hunt 5 yards a carry

One of the last series of the game we ran 4 times for 54 yards to have 2nd and 6, to deep in FL territory .......to pass the ball 3 times and come off the field the O coordinator needs to go the deep balls against the best secondary in the SEC and possibly college football........was a shitty game plan. We ran the ball well when we stayed with the run.

The D was tough and shut down FL for the last 3 quarters. The Swiss cheese O line........did well enough to have a great run average and when you try passing deep all game long, I don't expect the line to hold off the D forever when we are going against the toughest DB's we will face all year

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#250516 - 10/11/15 11:13 AM

Quote:

last_stand said:
He looked like a freshman under pressure for 60 minutes to me.

Where was our star Junior qb, btw?

He's busy. He will be busy the rest of the season, will graduate and tranfer playing immediately at another school. Tony Montana won't play for Mizzou again

--------------------

Bubba
strangesly aroused

#250519 - 10/11/15 06:23 PM

Lets all just hold hands and repeat this mantra.....Mizzou and Georgia...pretenders not contenders...Mizzou and Georgia.. pretenders not contenders...

I told you all Mauk looks like a pot head months ago....seems I wasn't too far off , just under estimated his needs....

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#250521 - 10/11/15 07:25 PM

Quote:

Bubba said:
Lets all just hold hands and repeat this mantra.....Mizzou and Georgia...pretenders not contenders...Mizzou and Georgia.. pretenders not contenders...

I told you all Mauk looks like a pot head months ago....seems I wasn't too far off , just under estimated his needs....

A Loss to Tennessee......the same Tennessee that could blow a 4th quarter lead to Hickman HS............I would say right now both are pretenders.........and without a high quality Running back, and a suspect QB, and an even worse defense at Georgia.........I'm not sure who is the bigger pretender.

Have faith though..........Mark Richt is the best 9-3 coach out there.

--------------------

Bubba
strangesly aroused

#250562 - 10/15/15 02:12 PM

Reading comprehension is a lost art.

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#250598 - 10/17/15 08:59 PM

WE haven't scored a TD in 9 quarters of football. 164 yards of total offense. 11-26 passing this week. Mizzou ran 22 times for 21 yards. 21 yards of rushing in an entire game. Fournette has more yards rushing in 3 football games than the ENTIRE Mizzou football team has all season.

21 for 28 and 138 yards against SC
16 for 39 and 151 yards against Florida.
11 for 26 and 143 yards against Georgia

When exactly is the next best thing since sliced bread going to start living up to the hype exactly????

--------------------

Bubba
strangesly aroused

#250599 - 10/17/15 09:10 PM

When is the bye week ?

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#250601 - 10/17/15 09:22 PM

About December for both teams. Unless Mizzou can find an offense, the Arkansas game might be the last one of the season.

--------------------

Bubba
strangesly aroused

#250609 - 10/18/15 06:06 PM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
When exactly is the next best thing since sliced bread going to start living up to the hype exactly????

Well , if it is any consolation , he did score 6 more points than Mauk and company did last year. So you got that going for ya..

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#250643 - 10/20/15 06:42 PM

He also threw 3 less picks than MM, and tossed for more yards than him. Thanks for helping me see the bright side of things Bubba.

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#250709 - 10/23/15 01:10 PM

If we can't get the offense going this week against Candy, there is no hope for it to work the rest of the season.
Dog?

--------------------

sptsman

#250711 - 10/23/15 01:32 PM

Quote:

IIFID said:
If we can't get the offense going this week against Candy, there is no hope for it to work the rest of the season.
Dog?

By now, any sane Mizzou fan has to look at this season as an extension of pre-season practice. I look at it as a year-long, pre-season practice for the 2016 season. The O-line is getting reps, Lock is learning to play and growing up, Harold Brantly is healing, etc...

The best that can happen is enough wins to get them into the Radio Flyer Red Wagon Bowl or something as insignificant...

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#250714 - 10/23/15 01:48 PM

Making it to any Bowl is important simply for the extra practice time the coaches have with players. They have to win 2 of the next 5 to be bowl eligible and this definitely appears that it should be the easiest game remaining on their schedule. And I mean how could one not want to go to the Camping World Independence Bowl in Shreveport or the Franklin Amer. Mort. Music City Bowl in Nashville??

BTW I predict an offensive explosion for the Tigers this week- meaning they will actually score a touchdown this week.

--------------------

wuchangAdministrator

#250716 - 10/23/15 01:49 PM

This guy says that he would not be surprised if it is a 0-0 overtime game but is calling t 16-10 Missouri

https://athlonsports.com/college-footbal...prediction-2015

KC Star says 17-10 Missouri

https://athlonsports.com/college-footbal...prediction-2015

and the smart money is calling it the lowest over/under since 2004

http://thebiglead.com/2015/10/20/missouri-vs-vanderbilt-has-lowest-overunder-line-since-2004/

I think Andy may have it called correctly as a practice game

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#250727 - 10/24/15 07:59 AM

Vandy is only averaging 13.33 points per game in SEC games.. which is still better than the Tigers 11.5.
So who has the better FG kicker?

--------------------

Bubba
strangesly aroused

#250751 - 10/25/15 08:31 AM

Well , that was fugly. What now? I am pretty sure Lincoln U could beat Mizzou.

No touchdowns in 12 quarters .

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#250752 - 10/25/15 08:33 AM

Their games right now are almost unbearable to watch. Geez.

griffin

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#250759 - 10/25/15 03:09 PM

It is incomprehensible how the offense could be this bad!! Is it the worst in the Pinkel era?
This isn't a step back.. it's a leao back!

--------------------

Edited by IIFID (10/25/15 03:10 PM)

last_stand

#250838 - 10/29/15 10:00 AM

I can only assume Pinkel bringing Mauk back really means this team is in worse shape then we imagine.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#250839 - 10/29/15 11:24 AM

We are 3 for the last 42 in 3rd down conversions and haven't scored a touchdown in 3 games.......just what kind of a forking imagination do you have??

griffin

--------------------

wuchangAdministrator

#250840 - 10/29/15 11:54 AM

Quote:

last_stand said:
I can only assume Pinkel bringing Mauk back really means this team is in worse shape then we imagine.

Quote:

griffin said:
We are 3 for the last 42 in 3rd down conversions and haven't scored a touchdown in 3 games.......just what kind of a forking imagination do you have??

griffin

Last Stand .... The Dreamweaver

last_stand

#250844 - 10/29/15 03:46 PM

Quote:

griffin said:

griffin

A great big one to be able to hang around this place.

I said "worse"...as in beyond what you just described.

Dawgs going to freak out if we have to argue about how bad they are.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#250863 - 10/30/15 09:53 PM

The Best D in the SEC and top 10 in the country. Top 5 in the country in points per game allowed.

Offense.....2nd to last in yards per game. DEAD LAST IN ALL Of FBS in points per game scored. What's there to argue about. Hansbrough hasn't been the same since his injury. We don't run. We don't catch the ball. We don't pass the ball. We don't return the ball well. Its the worst offense since Woody Widenhofer was a coach. Josh Henson should have his house on the market, all his chit should be in a box in his office, and his kids should be adjusting to a new school somewhere.

Everyone's savior at QB......well lets just look at the Freshman real quick and compare him to Tony Montana. After all, they are both throwing to the same recievers, and had the same clowns blocking for them. All stats are in their 4 games as a starter.

Drew Lock 1-3 as a starter this year
Maty Montana 3-1 as a starter this year.

Drew Lock 62 for 127 for 538 yards 48% 4.23 yards pass
Maty Montana 57 for 110 654 Yards 51.8% 5.95/yards pass

Drew Lock 23 rushing for -1 on the year
Maty Montana 36 rushes for 135 yards. 3.8 per carry

Drew Lock 3 TD's 3 INT's
Maty Montana 6 TD's 4 INT's

Drew Lock 89.7 QB rating
Maty Montana 112.5 QB rating

I'm guessing the koolaid doesn't taste as good as yall thought. Lock started against the WORST D in the SEC in South Carolina. One of the worst passing D's in all of college football....and threw for 136 Yards in the game. 50+ yards under what they give up a game. Maty Montana caused himself to be benched, and gave Lock a chance to showcase his skills. I'm not impressed so far.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#250864 - 10/30/15 09:58 PM

Quote:

griffin said:

griffin

NO TD in the last 13 quarters. The last TD drive was only 31 yards long. I doubt we would have scored if the D didn't step up and get us the short field. It could easily been 14 quarters without a solid D. Josh Henson needs to go. 3rd down conversions are horrible. When we run well, we decide to start passing. When we are passing well, we try to run. We throw deep too many times on 1st and 2nd down. We rarely throw quick slants or outs. The option we run is atrocious with a non mobile pocket qb.

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#250869 - 10/31/15 12:44 PM

I'm going out on a limb here and saying the Tiggers will not score a touchdown today either but won't lose!

--------------------

wuchangAdministrator

#250870 - 10/31/15 03:05 PM

Quote:

IIFID said:
I'm going out on a limb here and saying the Tiggers will not score a touchdown today either but won't lose!

NostraIIFID

As it is written

so shall it be

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#250876 - 10/31/15 07:31 PM

What does Drew Lock do after he helps Mizzou score a TD...........he turns off his Xbox.

--------------------

wuchangAdministrator

#250877 - 10/31/15 08:05 PM

Quote:

H2ODOG said:
What does Drew Lock do after he helps Mizzou score a TD...........he turns off his Xbox.

Damn........

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#250880 - 11/01/15 12:32 PM

Mauk suspended again....this time for the rest of the season.

Apparently a new issue..."undisclosed disciplinary reason".

Geez.....he's done.

griffin

--------------------

fish
senior member - literally

Loc: Kingdom of Callaway

#250881 - 11/01/15 02:51 PM

Yeah, uh huh......Somehow I don't believe it

[edit] ok. nevermind. I just read it on the internet. So it must be true.

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Re: Mizzou 9-UConn 6---WTF? [Re: fish]
      #250885 - 11/01/15 05:57 PM

Coke.....booze.....and pills. Some people have demons bigger than themselves.

He left Field House Wednesday and drove off hammered. Was forked up like a Soup sammich.

--------------------

IIFID
Bond....Timmy Bond

#250898 - 11/02/15 09:28 AM

I am really surprised at this point that neither Dog or Griffin suggest any type of commonality of Mauk to the Royals..

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#250900 - 11/02/15 09:50 AM

Actually, I'd take Mauk over the Royals.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#250909 - 11/02/15 01:32 PM

I'll take Mauk over happy feet Gabbert also. MM would be fun to party with and Gabbert is a topwater ROBO using Koolaid drink MDC duck park visiting homer. One more reason to not like him

--------------------

last_stand

#250925 - 11/03/15 05:38 AM

Enough about Mauk.

Pretty Boy has to get through this season without any further damage to mind and body.

Good luck kid.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#250977 - 11/06/15 08:57 AM

I was there last night so I can now claim an "in person" report.

This is a REALLY bad football team. Probably the worst offense of any team in any major conference. The defense is OK, but far from a top tier unit.... that's about the biggest compliment you can give them.

Missouri looked like a high school team playing a pro team. The size and speed difference was dramatic.

We're in for a few more bad years....and maybe a change at the top. This "program" appears to be broken.

--------------------

HAUS
member for now

Loc: Paradise

#250978 - 11/06/15 08:58 AM

how long did you have to tread water??

that looked like a chitty night to sit on aluminum..

--------------------
Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day..

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Re: Mizzou 9-UConn 6---WTF? [Re: HAUS]
      #250979 - 11/06/15 09:43 AM

Quote:

HAUS said:
how long did you have to tread water??

that looked like a chitty night to sit on aluminum..

I knew heading up there it was going to be a miserable deal all the way around.....I was not dissapointed.

Rolled back into town about 2am this morning.....still wet.

--------------------

dabsAdministrator

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
      #250980 - 11/06/15 09:47 AM

Quote:

griffin said:

...Rolled back into town about 2am this morning.....still wet.

Drew has that affect on you, doesn't he?

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#250981 - 11/06/15 10:14 AM

Quote:

dabs said:
Quote:

griffin said:

That kid looked like a little child out there. I felt sorry for him.

Honestly, it may be time to look at the top of this "program"......we have obviously fallen WAY beyhind in recruiting. That team was COMPLETELY OVERMATCHED by Ms. State. Let that sink in a minute.

--------------------

dabsAdministrator

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
      #250982 - 11/06/15 10:22 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
Quote:

dabs said:
Quote:

griffin said:

That kid looked like a little child out there. I felt sorry for him.

Honestly, it may be time to look at the top of this "program"......we have obviously fallen WAY beyhind in recruiting. That team was COMPLETELY OVERMATCHED by Ms. State. Let that sink in a minute.

I watched part of it - didn't keep my interest.....maybe when they get competitive again I will jump back on the bandwagon

The SEC has finally got the team they expected to show up from the Big 12....just a few years late.

It is definitely more than a quarterback situation. And I don't think with the performance on and off the field this year the recruiting efforts will be much.

So...you are struggling on and off the field....you have been a contender in decent bowl games for a number of years....now won't be. You could be right, something will have to change and it will most likely end up being Pinkel....but, who would have thought he would have survived a DWI in this social environment we live in today - will be interesting.

dab

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#250983 - 11/06/15 11:48 AM

The D is not the problem. Dennis a a huge problem at DB. You can put a 5'9" guy who trips walking down the street on a 6'5" recievers and expect God things to happen. Our D is one of the best in the land. Several
More TFL last night. Beckner, Brantley, and Harris next season will be a trip to deal with. D line is a unit that is deep and talented. Brothers is a beast. Miss match on the first series on D with Sherier on the WR

The O............well that's another issue. Henson for starters has to go. 4tg and 1/2 yard and we punt. 4th and 5 and we run an option that hasn't worked all year to get the QB killed. We don't pass block for chit so the QB has to be rolled out more and a 5-7 step drop can't happen. Short quick routes or u throw it away. Our recievers couldn't catch a loaf of bread if they were starving to death. Concrete hands Leftwich, should be a brick layer. Cullen is a below average TE.

Our O line finally blocked for the run. Ish averaged 6.8 yards a carry and we gave him the ball 4 FUKIN times in the second half. Really???? Your most productive runner and you don't have him on be field. He is starting to look like Marcus Murphy hitting the hole and a good burst of speed. He is averaging 10 carries a game. Stupid as hell. He should be getting 20 carries a game minimum. Hansbrough is not the 2014 version. He is done. Hunt has the 3 longest plays from scrimmage on O this season, and yet we don't play him much. Perhaps if he was a bit darker Jones the RB coach and his racist ass would give him more time. That dudes lives just up the road from me and is a POS. He needs to go also.

Pinkel has to hire an O coordinator who could take his job. That's the probe. He hires within hoping to find a gem instead of going outside and finding a great coach. He is worried that person would take his job. Surround yourself with great coaches and you will look like a great coach. I don't think Pinkel has to worry about his job. It's secure for a couple years. When your D only gives up 13 points a game on average and you lose by a TD, the D isn't the issue. Hire someone who can put points on the board and can do a better job recruiting talent on that side of the ball. Dave Christensen brought in some great talent and put tons of points on the board. Since he left, the O has been iffy at best.

--------------------

griffinAdministrator
administrator

#250984 - 11/06/15 12:54 PM

I don't agree, Dog. I don't think the D is nearly as bad as that horrible forking offense.......but my money says BYU and Arkansas both hang 30 on the Tigers.

I think the D stats are inflated because we really haven't played anyone that strong. Still, like I said, I won't argue your point....if you want to call them a great unit that's fine with me. I think they're good, but teams with great D's don't go 4-8....and that's what you are about to see.

Yes, Brothers is a stud......but even he looks better than he is because everyone around him is sub par. Really, this team SUCKS.

--------------------

Bubba
strangesly aroused

#250987 - 11/06/15 09:20 PM

Pure gold! Best post to date

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

sptsman

#250997 - 11/08/15 07:06 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
I don't agree, Dog. I don't think the D is nearly as bad as that horrible forking offense.......but my money says BYU and Arkansas both hang 30 on the Tigers.

I think the D stats are inflated because we really haven't played anyone that strong. Still, like I said, I won't argue your point....if you want to call them a great unit that's fine with me. I think they're good, but teams with great D's don't go 4-8....and that's what you are about to see.

Yes, Brothers is a stud......but even he looks better than he is because everyone around him is sub par. Really, this team SUCKS.

Keep in mind a very good D can be made lees-than-impressive when their teammates on the offense can't stay on the field long enough to let the D catch its breath. I really don't think the D is top tier either but they could be if they didn't have to be on the field so much. It also gives opposing teams so many more options against your D when they're playing with a lead.

Regarding canning Pinkel, why? Do you honestly think the next Bear Bryant or Nick Saban is out there just waiting for his chance at Mizzou? This program is firing on all cylinders and at its best when they can be in the top 20 or so. Pinkel has taken this team to levels that no realistic Mizzou fan expected. His recruiting has been very good and he has evolved into a pretty good in-game Head Coach. Now, if you tell me Saban or Urban Meyer is just itching to get the Mizzou job, I'm all for it. But I think canning Pinkel because of an off-year or two is not a great idea... Unless, of course, a top tier coach is in the wings...

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#250999 - 11/08/15 08:49 AM

3 points
20 points
6 points
21 points
10 points
14 points
9 points
10 points
32 points

Several teams that play sub par teams gave up more points than Mizzou did similar bad teams. When your D gives up 14 points of less and you lose those games, I can't blame the D. Hell 10 points or less and still lose in 3 games. Especially when you are given good field possession or turnovers.

--------------------

sptsman

#251023 - 11/09/15 09:01 AM

Quote:

sptsman said:
Quote:

griffin said:

Keep in mind a very good D can be made lees-than-impressive when their teammates on the offense can't stay on the field long enough to let the D catch its breath. I really don't think the D is top tier either but they could be if they didn't have to be on the field so much. It also gives opposing teams so many more options against your D when they're playing with a lead.

Regarding canning Pinkel, why? Do you honestly think the next Bear Bryant or Nick Saban is out there just waiting for his chance at Mizzou? This program is firing on all cylinders and at its best when they can be in the top 20 or so. Pinkel has taken this team to levels that no realistic Mizzou fan expected. His recruiting has been very good and he has evolved into a pretty good in-game Head Coach. Now, if you tell me Saban or Urban Meyer is just itching to get the Mizzou job, I'm all for it. But I think canning Pinkel because of an off-year or two is not a great idea... Unless, of course, a top tier coach is in the wings...

If this were all about football, I would hold to my position and advocate letting Pinkel work though this. However, in light of the recent events unfolding with the black players boycotting and Pinkel standing in solidarity with them, I have to change my position. He has clearly lost control of his team and is letting the nuts run the nuthouse. I would admire him if it were a legitimate cause or issue but this is bordering on comical... He knows he has lost control and the solidarity crap is his best attempt to make it look like he hasn't.

Oust the idiot and hope they can recover the football program over the next 10 years or so. As for the short term, I wouldn't be planning my fall Saturdays around Mizzou games for the next few years.

--------------------

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#251038 - 11/09/15 07:30 PM

I think the monkeys are running The Zou. Pun intended.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1739 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4956

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page