CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Sports

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
griffinAdministrator
administrator

Reged: 12/13/05
Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

Re: Mizzou 9-UConn 6---WTF? [Re: dabs]
      #250981 - 11/06/15 10:14 AM

Quote:

dabs said:
Quote:

griffin said:

...Rolled back into town about 2am this morning.....still wet.

Drew has that affect on you, doesn't he?

That kid looked like a little child out there. I felt sorry for him.

Honestly, it may be time to look at the top of this "program"......we have obviously fallen WAY beyhind in recruiting. That team was COMPLETELY OVERMATCHED by Ms. State. Let that sink in a minute.

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
dabsAdministrator

Loc: New Money, USA

Current High Scores in:
Mini Golf II
Re: Mizzou 9-UConn 6---WTF? [Re: griffin]
      #250982 - 11/06/15 10:22 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
Quote:

dabs said:
Quote:

griffin said:

...Rolled back into town about 2am this morning.....still wet.

Drew has that affect on you, doesn't he?

That kid looked like a little child out there. I felt sorry for him.

Honestly, it may be time to look at the top of this "program"......we have obviously fallen WAY beyhind in recruiting. That team was COMPLETELY OVERMATCHED by Ms. State. Let that sink in a minute.

I watched part of it - didn't keep my interest.....maybe when they get competitive again I will jump back on the bandwagon

The SEC has finally got the team they expected to show up from the Big 12....just a few years late.

It is definitely more than a quarterback situation. And I don't think with the performance on and off the field this year the recruiting efforts will be much.

So...you are struggling on and off the field....you have been a contender in decent bowl games for a number of years....now won't be. You could be right, something will have to change and it will most likely end up being Pinkel....but, who would have thought he would have survived a DWI in this social environment we live in today - will be interesting.

dab

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Reged: 12/22/05

Re: Mizzou 9-UConn 6---WTF? [Re: dabs]
      #250983 - 11/06/15 11:48 AM

The D is not the problem. Dennis a a huge problem at DB. You can put a 5'9" guy who trips walking down the street on a 6'5" recievers and expect God things to happen. Our D is one of the best in the land. Several
More TFL last night. Beckner, Brantley, and Harris next season will be a trip to deal with. D line is a unit that is deep and talented. Brothers is a beast. Miss match on the first series on D with Sherier on the WR

The O............well that's another issue. Henson for starters has to go. 4tg and 1/2 yard and we punt. 4th and 5 and we run an option that hasn't worked all year to get the QB killed. We don't pass block for chit so the QB has to be rolled out more and a 5-7 step drop can't happen. Short quick routes or u throw it away. Our recievers couldn't catch a loaf of bread if they were starving to death. Concrete hands Leftwich, should be a brick layer. Cullen is a below average TE.

Our O line finally blocked for the run. Ish averaged 6.8 yards a carry and we gave him the ball 4 FUKIN times in the second half. Really???? Your most productive runner and you don't have him on be field. He is starting to look like Marcus Murphy hitting the hole and a good burst of speed. He is averaging 10 carries a game. Stupid as hell. He should be getting 20 carries a game minimum. Hansbrough is not the 2014 version. He is done. Hunt has the 3 longest plays from scrimmage on O this season, and yet we don't play him much. Perhaps if he was a bit darker Jones the RB coach and his racist ass would give him more time. That dudes lives just up the road from me and is a POS. He needs to go also.

Pinkel has to hire an O coordinator who could take his job. That's the probe. He hires within hoping to find a gem instead of going outside and finding a great coach. He is worried that person would take his job. Surround yourself with great coaches and you will look like a great coach. I don't think Pinkel has to worry about his job. It's secure for a couple years. When your D only gives up 13 points a game on average and you lose by a TD, the D isn't the issue. Hire someone who can put points on the board and can do a better job recruiting talent on that side of the ball. Dave Christensen brought in some great talent and put tons of points on the board. Since he left, the O has been iffy at best.

--------------------
It’s better to be hated for who you are, instead of loved for who you aren’t.

griffinAdministrator
administrator

Loc: the most dangerous city in Ame...

Re: Mizzou 9-UConn 6---WTF? [Re: H2ODOG]
      #250984 - 11/06/15 12:54 PM

I don't agree, Dog. I don't think the D is nearly as bad as that horrible forking offense.......but my money says BYU and Arkansas both hang 30 on the Tigers.

I think the D stats are inflated because we really haven't played anyone that strong. Still, like I said, I won't argue your point....if you want to call them a great unit that's fine with me. I think they're good, but teams with great D's don't go 4-8....and that's what you are about to see.

Yes, Brothers is a stud......but even he looks better than he is because everyone around him is sub par. Really, this team SUCKS.

--------------------
"The Irish are one race of people for whom psychoanalysis is of no use whatsoever." - Sigmund Freud

Bubba
strangesly aroused

Reged: 12/14/05
Loc: Lemmingstan

#250987 - 11/06/15 09:20 PM

Pure gold! Best post to date

--------------------
God Bless our Troops!

sptsman

Loc: Missouri

#250997 - 11/08/15 07:06 AM

Quote:

griffin said:
I don't agree, Dog. I don't think the D is nearly as bad as that horrible forking offense.......but my money says BYU and Arkansas both hang 30 on the Tigers.

I think the D stats are inflated because we really haven't played anyone that strong. Still, like I said, I won't argue your point....if you want to call them a great unit that's fine with me. I think they're good, but teams with great D's don't go 4-8....and that's what you are about to see.

Yes, Brothers is a stud......but even he looks better than he is because everyone around him is sub par. Really, this team SUCKS.

Keep in mind a very good D can be made lees-than-impressive when their teammates on the offense can't stay on the field long enough to let the D catch its breath. I really don't think the D is top tier either but they could be if they didn't have to be on the field so much. It also gives opposing teams so many more options against your D when they're playing with a lead.

Regarding canning Pinkel, why? Do you honestly think the next Bear Bryant or Nick Saban is out there just waiting for his chance at Mizzou? This program is firing on all cylinders and at its best when they can be in the top 20 or so. Pinkel has taken this team to levels that no realistic Mizzou fan expected. His recruiting has been very good and he has evolved into a pretty good in-game Head Coach. Now, if you tell me Saban or Urban Meyer is just itching to get the Mizzou job, I'm all for it. But I think canning Pinkel because of an off-year or two is not a great idea... Unless, of course, a top tier coach is in the wings...

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

Re: Mizzou 9-UConn 6---WTF? [Re: sptsman]
      #250999 - 11/08/15 08:49 AM

3 points
20 points
6 points
21 points
10 points
14 points
9 points
10 points
32 points

Several teams that play sub par teams gave up more points than Mizzou did similar bad teams. When your D gives up 14 points of less and you lose those games, I can't blame the D. Hell 10 points or less and still lose in 3 games. Especially when you are given good field possession or turnovers.

--------------------

sptsman

Loc: Missouri

#251023 - 11/09/15 09:01 AM

Quote:

sptsman said:
Quote:

griffin said:

Keep in mind a very good D can be made lees-than-impressive when their teammates on the offense can't stay on the field long enough to let the D catch its breath. I really don't think the D is top tier either but they could be if they didn't have to be on the field so much. It also gives opposing teams so many more options against your D when they're playing with a lead.

Regarding canning Pinkel, why? Do you honestly think the next Bear Bryant or Nick Saban is out there just waiting for his chance at Mizzou? This program is firing on all cylinders and at its best when they can be in the top 20 or so. Pinkel has taken this team to levels that no realistic Mizzou fan expected. His recruiting has been very good and he has evolved into a pretty good in-game Head Coach. Now, if you tell me Saban or Urban Meyer is just itching to get the Mizzou job, I'm all for it. But I think canning Pinkel because of an off-year or two is not a great idea... Unless, of course, a top tier coach is in the wings...

If this were all about football, I would hold to my position and advocate letting Pinkel work though this. However, in light of the recent events unfolding with the black players boycotting and Pinkel standing in solidarity with them, I have to change my position. He has clearly lost control of his team and is letting the nuts run the nuthouse. I would admire him if it were a legitimate cause or issue but this is bordering on comical... He knows he has lost control and the solidarity crap is his best attempt to make it look like he hasn't.

Oust the idiot and hope they can recover the football program over the next 10 years or so. As for the short term, I wouldn't be planning my fall Saturdays around Mizzou games for the next few years.

--------------------
"Hunts are best measured by the endurance of the memories they produce..."

H2ODOG
the one who never tires

#251038 - 11/09/15 07:30 PM

I think the monkeys are running The Zou. Pun intended.

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1284 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Mel 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 4956

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page