CafeOutdoors.com The way it was...the way it always will be!!!

Trading Post >> Political Forum

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
MB2

Reged: 12/14/05

Re: Thank you! [Re: Ozark]
      #229991 - 06/27/12 06:42 PM

Quote:

Ozark said:
Miss B - You Canadians are doing it all wrong. If ya want to live in the land of the big PX, you don't have to do all that crap. Just:

(1) Fly to Tijuana.
(2) Walk across the US border, and stay.

If you can convince the Democrats that illegal immigrant Canadians will breed future Democrat voters, and if you can convince the Republicans that you'll work cheap and increase business profits - then both parties will work like hell to make sure you're not sent back to your frozen homeland. Es verdad.

As per the original question - drug testing welfare recipients shouldn't violate any rights, 'cause they don't have to apply for welfare. If you don't want to be tested, don't have your hand out.

Same with driving - people don't HAVE to get a driver's license and insurance because they don't HAVE to drive. But that brings us to the interesting question the Supreme Court is about to decide, the "individual mandate" of health insurance. Can the government force citizens to buy a product from a private companey just because they're alive, and with no way to opt out?

I've got my opinion on that, and it'll be real interesting to see what the Supremes say.

Honestly, the simplest way is to marry and American. No can do, and even IF I could, I already promised myself that I'd never remarry, ANYONE. That's not a swat against my husband, by the way, or men. That too, is just a personal choice. As to marrying an American, I know MANY women who have married Americans, and it's never worked out well.

On to the discussion of The Supreme Court, and healthcare. I'm interested to know what's going to happen too.

I like to think I'm doing the right things about my own health, but here now there are rumblings that once a patient reaches 75 years of age, if they require a costly procedure to keep them alive (e.g. open heart surgery) that their file will be sent to a review board, and they will simply either approve or disapprove you for medical treatment. Kind of sounds more like a private insurer, than government run "All Is Well" panacea that the Dems are trying to sell you.

There is also a new study out in Great Britain that suggests that overweight people and smokers actually SAVE the government a great deal of money, because we pay exceptionally high sin taxes into government coffers, and by dying early, negate the cost of full-time healthcare often required when the elderly incur diseases like dementia.

I just choose to live a little longer....

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 114 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Jaeger 

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Rating:
Topic views: 2455

Rate this topic

Jump to

Contact Us Return to Main Page