hardhuntr
(bill biter)
05/14/16 01:33 AM
Re: With great sadness.....

I can't add anything that hasn't already been shared. I'm glad I was fortunate enough to share many conversations and a few hunts over the years with Foots.

I got to experience Griffin's running outboard take off a layout boat's transom while we were loading boats. Griffin hollered at Foots to grab said motor while still running (no neutral so the prop is spinning mind you). Foots said, "F*ck you n!gger, that ain't my motor and I'm not losing my arm!
We get the boats situated. Foots looks at me like I've got two heads when I tell him I'm ready to hunt. He tells me to go play in the decoys and he will show me how to properly conceal myself from a duck's wary eye. To this day, when I hunt out of my layout boat, I still think about that morning and the meticulous care he took to break up any straight lines of the boat that weren't covered in camo.

I'm grateful for the time I get to spend with John. I'm better off for the words of wisdom, words of encouragement, and words of motivation he passed onto me on several occasions.

RIP Foots.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5