DADAKOTA
(member)
05/12/16 08:27 AM
Re: With great sadness.....

I have read and re-read this thread many times. No where near as many times as I have thought of John these last few days. My eyes have sweat due to laughter and sadness. I met him and most of ya heathens through this site and the various gatherings and get togethers. Fortunately I got to hunt and fish with him and spend time shooting the chit over a cold beverage. I'll miss those times, and the many phone calls and discussions we had. Behind that tough exterior was a man with a huge heart who would go out of his way to help ya if he could. I remember driving in to St. Louis for my Dad's first cancer surgery. I was down, nervous, and a little scared. As I was rolling down 40 heading for Barnes that morning my phone rang. The first thing I heard was Foots gravely voice, What up ni@@a? We talked about Dad and what was going on and John made it real clear that whatever I needed or he could do for me was covered. That call and a few other conversations while I was there helped me through a tough time. I'll miss our late night talks about hunting, fishing, and life in general that at times led to a square head the next morning. I envy you fellers that got to spend so much time with him. He was classic. I'm a better man having known him. John we are only postponing that duck hunt we were planning till I see you again. In the meantime take my yella dog Cody along on the hunts you're having now.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5