wuchangAdministrator
(spiritual advisor and gatekeeper to the Spirit World)
01/17/12 01:53 PM
Re: Proposal to double number Missouri Conservation Commissioners

Quote:

halfasmuch said:
Dawg/Wu,

my guess is that this is attempt to let some of the "Urban Areas" have more of a say...and siphon off some Dollars for inner city parks...plant some flowers and bushes for the gangbangers to hide in at the corner of crack and shoot up..

Gawd knows that North St Louis is full o nature luvvers.

Chances are it isn't so much the 'nature luvvers of Gangland" that this is aimed at but more like the wine and brie crowd that want bike trails, parking lots and interpetive tours that can be be seen from the Beemer........ something akin to the Audubon 'birding' clusterforks where they drive 400 miles in a day-- jump out and all look through 20x-60x spotting scopes to look at some black crowned night heron that is 1/2 mile away or a common ground dove that got lost in migration from 200 yards.
Then they pile into a Honda SUV and drive to the next "observation point" and do it all over again and again and again while talking about the virtues of getting back to nature.

(trust me-- I've had them screw up a photography dealio where I was there before sunrise and just about to take the picture and they come bobbing down a trail like crazed butterflies--scaring off the bird I wanted to photograph and then ask me if "I have seen anything of interest"

letting the social elites of St Louis, Columbia and KC dominate the Commission will lead to things like ....Disneyland traveloges for those too lazy to actually work to enjoy the outdoors comes to mind

Look for more Quick Draw type venues to encompass everything from trout fishing to mushroom hunting-- all in the name of "quality experience" or "protecting the habitat/resource"

hard to beat the instant documentation for the bureaucrats which allow them "to show what they did with the taxpayer's dime"... because it is all online or on the server

forget that it is all hat................ no cattle.

Only thing that would be even worse than the pap they spew presently is if they said "its for the kids"

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5