dabsAdministrator
()
02/09/10 03:57 PM
Re: Gun questions.....and now scope question....

Or....you put the sumbeech at 1" high at 100 yards and put it in the closet till it is needed.

Your scenario would require 25 rounds to complete....that is more than comes in a standard box....with my luck - they would be different lot numbers and I would have to start all over so I didn't risk having FABDT(factory ammo ballistic difference tolerance) issues.

Saying two boxes were the same lot - it would cost me between $30.00 and $40.00 to purchase the ammo to do that. It would leave me 15 rounds for shooting if they were two 20 round boxes.

So...it would cost me anywhere from $17.00 to $23.00 to sight in under your plan.

I could just shoot a three shot group....somewhere in the neighborhood of $2.25 to $3.00 and call it good. I might have to track the animal a bit further....but my fat ass could use the exercise.

However....I too....like the one with the burr on his head....am a fan of the Leupolds.......I like the wideview versus round objective...whatever their fancy name is for it.

In all honesty......if you are looking to put this on .17 glass quality isn't as important as if you were putting it on .30-06 or .300 winmag or something. A .17 isn't going to jar the glass/reticles like a larger gun.....you always get what you pay for - but it is safer to scimp on a small caliber than a larger caliber when taking that into consideration.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5