dabsAdministrator
()
07/17/08 04:45 PM
Re: Please give your opinion

To my knowledge, the photos were not altered by anyone.

These were forwarded to me today. I was actually talking to a customer this morning when he pulled those up in an email to show me. On the surface, I sure thought it was a Mountain Lion. I still am not sure what it is...but based upon more information, I lean towards bobcat.....but one big and old bobcat if it is one to have that kind of muscular definition and facial features.

I think of the hairy puffy face with the pointed ears and the long wand of hair coming off the ear tips when I think bobcat, but I guess as they mature as adults that changes some. Here is a photo from the internet of an adult bobcat I pulled this afternoon with similar markings - I think the neck is a bit longer on the one in the backyard compared to this one and the side hairs on the face are not near as long as this sample photo.....the markings of the one in the yard closer resemble a Mountan Lion or Cougar...in my opinion - but...

Here is the email...in part -

Yesterday when I was in the den, this critter came slinking through the backyard - obviously stalking something. I knocked on the window and s/he turned to look, but I don't think you can see in very well at all during the daylight because the windows are tinted (at least I can't when I'm out working in the yard).

I got my camera and moved to the family room and took the first picture (critter is still stalking). I knocked on the window and s/he turned its head (2nd picture).

When I opened the door to shoo it away, the cat zoomed - and I mean ZOOMED out of here ... it was like a Disney nature film, just as fast as I've seen.

The thing was a little over a yard long and had a short (~ 9") tail - but couldn't get a picture of that because it ran so fast.

I thought it might be a bobcat - but it didn't have any spots nor that little ear tuft at the tips - but then maybe there's a difference in species and between male and female.

I sent the pictures to the neighbors who have seen a bobcat in their backyard (but not recently) and he said he thinks it might be a cougar.

The part about the tail is what leads me to believe it is just a HAB....huge assed bobcat

Oh yeah, it was Southwest of Blue Springs - in a subdivision that backs up against Jacomo.

There is the rest of the story for all of you Paul Harvey fans.

dab

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5