H2ODOG
(the one who never tires)
11/26/13 03:06 AM
Texas Muley

Was given a mule deer hunt from a client last week as a thank you for keeping construction crews in line and under control for the last 18 months. Snow/blizzard shut them down the last few days. They got hungry tonight when the fog and another weather system was on the verge of moving in. Had almost 30 deer come out to feed on the caprock edge. This one couldn't get his nose out of a doe. He paid me no attention as I worked my way to him. 150 yards from the 7mm Mag. Fell where he stood. Fattest deer I have ever cleaned

BarryG
(member)
11/26/13 03:29 AM
Re: Texas Muley

Nice! Do they taste any different than a whitetail?

67Firebird
(Former political advocate)
11/26/13 12:43 PM

Very cool.

Phil in MO
(member)
11/26/13 12:50 PM

Sandwich buck. J/K Congrats that's a nice one.

SwampFox
(member)
11/26/13 07:42 PM

That's a dandy.

Others have commented on how fat the deer are in Missouri and Arkansas. Could be a rough winter ahead.

sptsman
(member)
11/26/13 08:32 PM

Agree with Phil, sammich deer....

Seriously, nice kill. Looks like that fattie will feed a whole village.

DuckMeRunnin
(member)
11/27/13 01:04 AM

That's a helluva buck, dude.

It's a shame those critters don't grow big knarly brow tines.

Those South Texas whitetails don't really impress me. You have a much better trophy.

H2ODOG
11/27/13 02:49 AM

South Texas whitetails don't douchetard for me either. How bout a couple of west Texas deer from the Panhandle. These are being watched hard right now.

HAUS
(member for now)
11/27/13 02:46 PM

douchetard....

that's a good one..

either way Jeff, that's one fine animal.

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
11/27/13 03:35 PM

Dayum those are some impressive whitetails. And should be good eating seeing as how they are being corn fed...

Mac
(Birding Moderator)
11/28/13 12:45 AM

deer park deer I would assume?

H2ODOG
11/28/13 03:20 PM

WTF is a deer park???? I guess you are saying pen raised high fence stuff??? That's a big NO. 120,000 acres of rough canyon ground with a few acres of flat ground on top. No ear tagged, tattooed, genetic freak science project. Free roaming stuff.

Mac
(Birding Moderator)
11/28/13 06:37 PM

Just checkin'

H2ODOG
11/29/13 12:44 AM

Canned hunts are for folks who don't know how to hunt.........or like shooting someone's pet. Never have........never will

IIFID
(Bond....Timmy Bond)
11/29/13 12:57 AM

Just watch out for ricochets off the feeders!
LOL

H2ODOG
11/29/13 01:16 AM

Whitetails hit feeders...........mule deer..........not so much. Mule deer hit the wheat fields. I have no issue with people shooting deer over feeders. Considering you have 200 square miles of ground and most of it is rocks, scrub brush, and mesquite. You have to feed to see a deer. It takes 40-50 acres to raise a cow/calf pair in a good year. Try keeping a deer around in that stuff. Unless your seen it, you don't understand.

People put in food plots of crops, clover, turnips, wheat, apple trees, mineral blocks, salt licks, Buck Jam, multitude of containers of attractant ................but don't agree with baiting. Splitting hairs if ya ask me.

Mac
(Birding Moderator)
11/29/13 02:09 AM

Well, that is one helluva buck Jeff. Appreciate you sharing your photos and successes. Somebody needed to take over Griff's job of bein' a duck god and such...

H2ODOG
11/29/13 03:02 AM

I'm still waiting to kill a duck. I think this might be the year

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5