H2ODOG
(the one who never tires)
05/07/21 01:34 PM
Re: How is the turkey hunting going

From start to finish it took 38 days to kill the Single Season World Slam of turkeys. Started in Florida on March 26th and finished it in Kansass May 2nd. I did have a lot of down time between trips, so it really took 14 days of hunting to get the birds killed. I shot a Grand Slam with my 28 gauge, using my handloaded TSS. That stuff is wicked to shoot. To date 11 birds have been killed in 14 days of hunting, so I have been hard on them this season in a short amount of time.

I do need to kill one more Eastern to complete a Double World Slam in one season. Should get that done this weekend. Hunted 3 days in Florida and I called in 4 birds to their death. Mexico was a slaughterhouse. We shot 10 Ocellated Turkeys between 5 of us, and 10 Gould's between 6 of us. Calling in the jungle Ocellated bird using an e-caller was different. Hunted 2 days and we killed 4 Merriams and 2 days of hunting killed 3 Rios. I needed only one day for an Eastern, but I guess things worked out better than others for an Eastern bird. I've seen more birds at my house this year than the previous 3-4 years, so I think the bird population is doing better than previously.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5