duko™
(member)
09/16/09 01:06 PM
Re: seaark seaark seaark seaark seaark seaark seaark seaark seaark

Better take a look at this rig before you set your mind on a SeaArk. These guys just retooled their manufacturing facility and are building a helluva hull. The sport boat has a performance hull with reverse chines and longitudinal bracing, both features that you won't find on a SeaArk. The sales rep told me they will be marketed at a lower price point than SeaArk. Excel has been around for a while, but their facility got smashed by a tornado in 2008 and they rebuilt their building as well as redesigned their hulls. The Viper Hull is a totally new design. I'm waiting for Putnam boats in Columbia to get their first order.

http://www.excelboats.net/Sport%20Boat%20Series.html

I ain't hating on SeaArk, almost pulled the trigger on one in July. But, they aint' the only show in town now. PolarKraft has also redesigned their hulls and they're pretty damn comparable to SeaArk, also about 2k less on the 2072 hull.

I haven't seen the new Excel yet with my own eyes, but looking at the specs on the performance hull, I'll go with that over the seaark. The problem I have with SeaArk is their markup, which they have been able to get away with because of their good reputation coupled with folks financing their boat at 10 and 12 years. Hopefully with a little competition they'll adjust their prices.

Or, if you really want to go balls out, start watching craigslist for commercial plate boats in New Orleans where the fisherman run the motors in the ground then buy whole new rigs instead of just repowering. You can pick up a used 3/16ths 20' hull for a couple grand.

duko

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5