lying_in_wait
(member)
09/21/07 06:15 PM
MacGyver Motor 07

Well the MacGyver Motor 06 was a fun project and it turned out great. Took me a while to build since I had to figure things out as I went along.

This year I decided to make a smaller version for my Dad. So MacGyver Motor 07 will be 2.8 HP. I decided to wait until I had all of the parts in hand before starting the build. I now have everything and fully anticipate building the whole thing in a day. Now finding a day to do it is another story, maybe Sunday??

I scouted around for deals and had to hunt down a few odd sized items, but heres a breakdown of what I've got in it.

*2.8 HP Lifan (Honda knock off) 4 stroke engine. Removed from a demo bike at a mini bike dealer. Has been run but is new. $53 from ebay.

*6" bronze prop. Used but in great condition and very stout. $41 on ebay.

*Steel. DOM tube for shaft and bearing housings, stainless drive shaft, angle and flat stock for frame. $60 at Metal By The Foot.

*U-joint. 2 yokes, cross bearing, 2 weld in hubs $70 total at Tractor Supply.

*3 bronze bushings $3 each.

*Upper bearing $5

*Grease seals $12

*Assorted hardware $10 (retaining ring, zerk, set screws, nuts and bolts, hinge and bolt for swivel mount).

*Tubing for tiller, bicycle brake lever and cable for throttle (not pictured) Free because I already had them sitting around.

Total $260

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5