Forsythian
(member)
11/28/13 01:00 AM
Re: Another sellout

I'm still a loyal customer. My fridge is never without Single Wide and Bully Porter, the ultimate one-two punch. If required, I could condense my beer world to these two staples (along with a 'pick one' lawn mower beer like Hamms).

Speaking of Boulevard, I braved the local Country Mart tonight, the night before Thanksgiving. My neighbors were jostling for canned corn and boxes of Stove top. My cart consisted of Banquet frozen chicken wings (bone in) and Aunt Jemima frozen breakfast skillet mix. When I got to the beer selection, lo and behold there's a new Boulevard to try!

Pop-Up IPA is touted as a session IPA, and it is more "quaffable" than Single Wide. Not nearly as bitter, but the citrus aspect is a bit lemon-like. Not unpleasant, and certainly not cedar, but I don't know if hard-core IPA drinkers will like it much. I think it's a smart beer for the brand, kind of a gateway to the IPA style. It's worth a try, but for me they should have launched this puppy in May as a hot weather IPA.

[IMG]http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d175/Forsythian/popupipa_zpsb103e6ea.jpeg[/IMG]

PS I couldn't embed the &*#@! image... I guess I've not posted enough lately and my skills are rusty. Happy Thanksgiving you pickle-livered bastages

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5