Ozark
(member)
10/23/13 01:36 PM
Re: Ozark -- Silver Dollar Porter

I'm glad to hear Charlie Papazian is still around. I still carry around an A.H.A. (predecessor to the Brewer's Association) bottle opener that Charlie gave me. We were both pretty cross-eyed on, I believe, a good Wisconsin Altbier at the time. Charlie did more to get homebrewing started again in this country than anybody.

Yes, The Home Brewery's little malt mill has always done a great job. Back when we started the business most American homebrew shops were using corn mills. That's not right, as barley grains have a husk and corn doesn't, so those just don't work right for the job.

I ordered that mill from Germany and it was REAL pricey for the time. It came, with lots of parts to be assembled and spring adjustments to be made, with full instructions in German. Fortunately our homebrew club included a couple of guys from over there who spoke and read German, so we got it together one afternoon. Quite a bit of homebrew was consumed during that job, and I was hearing stuff like "Nein, NEIN - fahrt HEIR!" It was a hoot.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5