H2ODOG
(the one who never tires)
08/22/23 12:07 PM
Re: STL Cardinals in '23

Quote:

last_stand said:
What a year this has been.

I usually start to tune in about now for a competitive Aug-Sept but uh oh.

Had to laugh this morning listening to the chatter on potential dumping of Contreras.

hahahaha....omg....95 million.

I know one thing for sure...I'm sick of hearing Mo blabber..... and not just Contreras...on all of it.....it's his own mess.

I'm not even sure why MO went out to get Contreras.......it's like he panicked with Molina going away to coach basketball. They paid $95 million to a career .257 Hitter who might give ya 20 HR a season. His errors and passed balls are some of the highest in baseball. He has flashed of greatness with his catching, but his hitting is not much of an upgrade from Molina. He is the catcher equivalent of Jayson Heyward. The Shitcago media hype them up to be the next best thing.

Knizner and Herrera were great options to play catcher, and we already had them under contract. Herrera has shown great promise in AAA and hit well so far at the big club level. He is ready now to play, and they spend $95 M over 6 years with a buyout in 2028. That's a ton of cash that could have been used on a starting pitcher, when 2 guys could have taken over the duties.

Knizner in half the number of games has a higher BA, and nearly the same amount of HR's for $1 million a year. He isn't a FA until 2026, so he is under control for a while, with arbitration. The Contreras signing made no damn sense, which is on Par for most of what MO does these days.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5