H2ODOG
(the one who never tires)
03/07/23 11:28 AM
Re: STL Cardinals in '23

The starting pitching is healthy and if they perform how they are capable, can get us deep into the playoffs. Miles is a great pitcher with few walks. Flaherty is the typical communist California attitude, but dude can pitch. Montgomery and Waino, with the other guys are solid in the rotation. Walker is making it known he wants to stay in the Bigs and I think he is the real deal.

Masyn Winn can take over short if we have issues there, but I don't think he is fully ready. Plus Edmond is now holding down that spot, and we should lock him up long term if he has a great season. Moises Gomez can crush the ball, but I wonder if he can handle big league pitching day after day. Maybe he stays if his spring is a big one. DeJong will be a drag on payroll. Great guy, but his time has come to pass with us. Its time to move on from him. Tommy Edman is the SS full time and keep him there. Donovan and Gorman need to step it up and I think Donovan has the better shot at winning the 2B starter spot. Let them fight it out. Gorman can DH too, if he can keep down on the K's.

Yepez, Gorman, O'Neil, Walker could all be used as a DH. Yepez can give Goldy time off at 1B, and we have a mix of Carlson, O'Neil, Walker, and Noot in the outfield. All the hype and chit they put on Machado Mashito in San Diego will only motivated Arenado more. Manny's trophy case is empty due to Arenado. Everyone gives the hype to Machado, and he is the 2nd or 3rd best in the NL at 3rd base. Its not even close. Machado can't wash Arenado's jockstrap let alone wear it. Goldy is Goldy. Solid year in and out and will be here until he retires. Same with Arenado, then they move onto the HOF as Redbirds, especially if they can win a WS with the birds on the bat. Similar deal to Rolen. Played somewhere else, but the best years and championships hopefully are here.

They win the Central by 10 games and make a deep push into the playoffs. NL Championship bound.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5