sptsman
(member)
03/06/23 08:16 PM
Re: STL Cardinals in '23

So here's my take... I think they will win between 70 and 98 games. I think punk-arse Flaherty will have some good outings and get hurt. He'll also let us know how we should think about political and social issues. Even if he wins a Cy Young, I'll still dislike him. Goldschmidt and Arenado are both studs and class acts. Maybe their ways will rub off on the SJW. I would not be surprised to see both of them have MVP type years again. Contreras is a stud. Let's hope he handles the pitching staff well and plays solid behind the plate. Anything over .250 at the plate is a bonus. If Walker wins ROY and they get moderately good production out of the other four or five outfielders (I look for O'Neil to get traded), they will be a force to be reckoned with.

At the end of the day, the pitching staff will determine if they can get in and go deep into the playoffs. Let's see how they hold up and if Ollie has figured out how to use them. My guess he will be better than he was in the playoffs, then again, that's a pretty low bar. I suspect he will use metrics too much and cost them more than he helps them. I hope I'm wrong, but that's what he's shown us to date...

I'm putting down a cool $20 for them to win it all...

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5