sptsman
(member)
06/13/19 01:14 PM
Re: The REAL 2018-2019 Saint Louis Blues Thread

What an incredible run!! I was nervous as a whore in church even after goal #3. The sphincter relaxed a little but not much. I really felt good when they got up 3-0 and kept up the offensive pressure. That's when I knew they were going to win it!!

Binnington is a story for the ages. He was a huge part, probably the single biggest part of the turnaround.

The coaching staff deserves a ton of credit. The Blues quietly assembled a who's who of coaching and those guys brought a style of play that suited the roster. I am especially impressed with Mike Van Ryn and Larry Robinson. Between the talent assembled by DA and the system put in place by MVR and LR, this is probably the best defensive corps in the NHL, when they are all healthy. A few of the old guys will move on but young guns like Parayko and Dunn will fill those spots quite well. Let's hope they can keep this staff and the core players together for a few more years.

Ryan O'Reilly was the off-season pick-up that I thought was going to make the Blues much better and man did he look good all season. Even when the Blues sucked, he was their best player. I know Binnington gets most of the credit for the turnaround but O'Reilly has been the best, and most consistent player for all 238 games they played this season...

Steen, Bozak and a few of the older guys will not be around much longer and it looks like the Blues have a pretty good crop of young players to infill.

I now have a dilemma. I have a project in Boston that I will be visiting more than 3 or 4 times between now and August. Do I stick my finger in their collective eye and wear my Blues paraphernalia when there or just play it low key? Normally, I would play it low key but these folks are arrogant, obnoxious and just overall unlikable, when it comes to how they act about their sports teams. I may just dress up my hard hat with a bluenote and call it a day...

Looking forward to the parade. Can't imagine my spot is still there but I'll check. Either way, I'll put my Ruger in my pocket and head down to be part of the crowd. It will be fun to watch the masses celebrate.

When does next season start?

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5