H2ODOG
(the one who never tires)
03/25/19 08:14 PM
Re: Cards signing Goldschmidt = Matt Holliday part II

Quote:

sptsman said:
Quote:

H2ODOG said:
I hope he is smarter than holiday......... which wouldn’t be tough to do.

I have no idea what his IQ is but I can tell you his time with the Cardinals was about as good as it gets. His contract was a great value to the Cards. He was a true gentleman and class act. He NEVER shorted the fans. He took exceptional care of his body and worked at his craft as hard as anyone in the league (and harder than most). But most of all, that guy spent tons of his precious free time and lots of his money at Children's and Cardinal Glennon, trying to make sick kids feel a little better by meeting a Cardinal baseball player. I know two sets of parents that have his cell number and an open invitation to call him if they think their kid would benefit by him visiting. One of the little girls he became close with was a good friend of our family and I was in awe of how close he got with her. She passed at 13 years old and he was there for her right up until the end. 98% of Cardinal nation had no idea how involved he was with the very sick kids in the STL area. And he wanted it that way. He and his wife did not just talk the talk and set up some foundation for other people to run. They walked the walk and did more behind the scenes than any other sport star I've ever seen.

So, if he wasn't a brain surgeon or rocket scientist, that's fine with me. I'll take a class act like him any day. And if Goldschimdt is just half the person Holliday was, while he was here, he'll be just fine...

I agree with you. I always like Matt and his work ethic. Farmer Mart swinging at balls in the dirt was frustrating, but I liked his contract and him as a player in STL. He was worth every penny

A guy I work with coached him in HS. He said at age 14-15 Matt was a beast. Brother was a good player in his own right, but nothing like Matt. Holliday donates money for some HS field and was hitting balls to the players a coulee weeks ago. He has given back and then some...............but not Mensa Material for sure

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5