sptsman
(member)
10/22/12 11:11 PM
Re: Cardinals 2012

Welp, that was ugly... The post season was just a microcosm of the season. I heard a stat before the game that the Cardinals had 44 games where they scored 7 or more runs per game and 44 where they scored 2 or less.

Not having Berkman and Furcal was huge. Having Beltran and Holiday at far less than 100% didn't help. Way too many Memphis call-ups being used as full timers but there wasn't any other options. And let's not foget the complete choke job by some pretty key players, in this last 3 games.

Oh well, getting in on the 2nd Wild Card was sort of cheap to begin with and it felt like we were playing with house money. Just seeing them knock off the Braves and Nats was worth it. And I can't say much bad about the Giants. They're a lot like the Cardinals, in terms of scrappy and never-say-die.

Matheny gets a two thumbs up from me for this season. He got them to Game 7 of the NLCS, with a rag-tag, makeshift lineup at times. Not bad for a rookie manager.

As a Cubs fan would say, "There's always next year..." but for us, it's a real possibility...

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5