sptsman
(member)
06/27/09 10:57 PM
Re: T.J. Oshie......

I'm over Pronger, at least in the sense that it has/had to be Pronger. I just think this team is one veteran, all-star caliber player away from real success. I'm talking about a Lidstrom, Pronger, Rafalski, etc...

Now, don't get me wrong. I'm fully aware that these guys don't grow on trees and you either have to bring them up through your organization or give up real value for them. I think we have at least 2-3 real shots at internally developing one with Johnson and Polak (maybe Pietrangelo but too early to get a read on him). But look at the natural progression on all-star defensemen and you almost alwasy see them being mentored by an veteran all-star defenseman. Other than Al MacInnis helping from the office, those kids need the real deal to show them the ropes and we need the real deal to get to the next level. Johnson and the others are at least 5 years away from Norris discussions...

Watch out for Philly next year. They had a good team this year and were expecting to make it to the finals. I think this move gives them a great chance. Unless we make a blockbuster deal, I think we're going to make the playoffs again but we're still 2-3 years from the Cup...

I can wait, be patient and deal with them staying the course....

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5