04/02/09 01:24 PM
Re: T.J. Oshie......

Quote:

last_stand said:
Quote:

sptsman said:
Quote:

last_stand said:
the critique I gave him is mild compared to others who know the game well.....

Just curious who that is? Mostly because I want to know who not to listen to for hockey analysis.

Credentials? bwaaaaaaaaaa........ Well one has coached hockey for 22 years....2 others have played for 30 years.....and then me I'm just a nobody...I'll keep them away from you and you can remain the true pure guru....

So, who are they? If they're your drinkin' buddies, so be it. If they are real NHL analyst, I'm curious who it is.

The dude is -20 because he's not an offensive-minded player and is playing an impossible role for a defensive-minded defenseman. You watch tonight. He'll be out there when Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Hossa and the like are on the ice. He's being asked to keep the other teams A-lines in check and almost never has an opportunity to score.

Who the fork are you going to play in his place if you rest him?!?!?! They are in a real hurt for defensemen and simply don't have anyone else. (Of course I wanted to trade for Pronger and you guys all protested that we couldn't give up Perron or Bergland or some other prospect. Now we're seeing that bite us in the rear.)

Again, let's keep some perspective. This team is rebuilding and finds themselves slightly ahead of schedule. If they can get in the playoffs, that would be great. If not, you won't find me on the ledge of a tall building. Defense is a weakness right now and the skilled teams are exposing it. It's not any one player's fault. It is an unfortunate situation and I am pretty pleased with how the players that are left standing have handled it.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5