MB2
(member)
06/23/12 11:31 PM
Re: Thank you!

Quote:

Ozark said:
Quote:

MissBudweiser said:
And, a cop that will say this, "I've never done any drugs, myself." and without discriminating between pot, coke and heroin, makes one broad statement - that ALL drugs should be legal. Well, hell. I sho' 'nuff would hope that any cop I know is more streetwise than this. I don't expect a social worker. I just expect that they would want a better world for their kids and grandkids.

But, you know.....just shrug your shoulders and brew more beer.

Ouch, Miss B - that's gonna leave a mark!

Let me explain a little further. Yes, I've concluded that the "war on drugs" is hopeless, pours billions of dollars into criminal organizations, wastes more billions of public resources that could be used better, and does very little good. But no, I'm not advocating the use of drugs that are currently illegal - just sayin' I think they could be supressed better and more kids kept away from them with a different approach.

If all the FUN could be taken out of drugs - all the appeal of something that must be good, and cool, because it's forbidden, that would be a start. Ideally (and I know it'll never happen) drug use should be seen by society as a medical problem. Lookit that pitiful sod - he's gotta go to a doctor and get a prescription because he's hooked on that junk. Disgusting.

At the least, legalization of drugs and access through medical prescriptions only would take the money out of the trade. NONE of that crap could cost 50 cents a pound to produce - make it available by prescription only and make the prescriptions cheap and that would take all the big money out of it. THEN do a big public-education campaign starting with the early grades about how weak, pitiful, and un-cool the people are who use that stuff.

Yeah I know, it probably wouldn't work any better than what we're doing now because "special interests" (including law enforcement with a million cushy jobs at stake) would get into it and the program wouldn't be done right. I'm just dreaming of what oughta be and saying that what we're doing now is wasteful and isn't working - so cut me some slack there, B.

Now, c'mon. Admit it Oz. You're an old retired cop. You can say what the folks who still wear the uniform, can't.

Drugs, are for people who OPT OUT of society. They make them weak. They make them lazy. They make them not want to WORK.

Read any crime story, and they almost always involve drugs.

Why? Because they're addictive. Not because they're cool.

I'll be the first one to admit to you, that if someone offers me a toke, I'll share. Even with my kid, because this isn't the 'family values website'. And, the next day, I won't even think about it, or for months following. That's because I'm not addicted, and don't bow to 'peer pressure'. Might be why I'm so laid back.

Drugs have the ability to make SLAVES of everyone of us. People in law enforcement, employers and employees. It's there in crime, and it's there in lost productivity in the workplace.

I was listening to talk radio the other day, as I mostly do, and it was about a recent report on lost productivity within The Canadian Government. On AVERAGE their employees take an extra 8 days (1 & 1/2 days per month) each year off, more than their 'sick-time allowance'.

Still not concerned? Literally, it translates that each day of the year, more Canadian federal government employees take an extra day off, than Ford and GM Canada employ each day.

Why? We don't know, we can't ask.

And, you wonder why North Americans can't compete with workers worldwide?

And Obama, is giving Mexican drug lords guns? There's your billions of dollars it costs you. Drug the people. Breed addiction into their children.

These are terrorists, and yet no one called to impeach him.

It's not like he rolled around on the floor with Lewinsky for fun & games, he is seriously debilitating the state of the union.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5