Ozark
(member)
10/15/07 03:47 PM
Re: Hellbender

Mr. Liberty has inspired me to remember a story I hadn't thought about in years.

Back in the 70's sometime, all law enforcement agencies were under tremendous pressure to hire "minorities". The California Highway Patrol assigned a brand-new young black officer to patrol the south central L.A. freeways and he was working his first graveyard shift ever. That's normal, right out of the academy all rookies get the chitty assignments at first until they get the seniority to transfer.

About 5:30 or 6 a.m. that first shift, the new rookie got on the radio all excited and just hollering - he reported a massive fire in the warehouse district. He got fire trucks and cop cars running in all directions. He hollered "Dey's a fi-ball, a great big FI-BALL!"

There wasn't any fire. Apparently the dipchit had never seen the sun come up before. So, for the rest of his brief career in law enforcement, that young officer was known as "FI-BALL". Hell, nobody remembers his name any more, but every cop in Southern California knows who Fi-Ball was.

I propose that Liberty shall henceforth be known as "FI-STORM".

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5