Ozark
(member)
09/16/07 09:20 PM
Re: USAF pilot helped clear the fog of war. Greg Harbin & the Rover

I dunno about all the high technology stuff we're using in Iraq. It's good it gives our guys the upper hand, but it sure is costly and someone's making millions (billions?) off this war.

I read that we killed our first two terrorists over there the other day by dropping a bomb on them from an unmanned drone. Then the article told how many hundreds of those drones we've got and how many millions they cost apiece.

Seems to me, the enemy can kill one of our guys for the cost of a rifle bullet or with some free explosives from Iran. To kill one of them, we've got to spend millions.

It'd be a lot more cost effective to hire the Mafia to kill Iraqi terrorists for us. Fifty grand each, and bring us the scalps. But that won't work - it'd take the profit out of this deal, which is the whole point.

It's a good thing the government isn't in the bug exterminating business. They'd contract out for some super space-age, laser-guided, satellite-controlled gadgets and the cost to kill each cockroach would be mighty high.

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5