sptsman
(member)
06/12/23 04:46 PM
Re: 2023 Hummingbirds

No Oriole sightings this year. We usually see one or two by mid May but nothing this year, yet.

Hummingbirds are here in full force and just getting going on the juice. Not crazy yet, but there are still a fair amount of natural sources, even with this drought. I think we're only getting Democrat birds. They have no interest in going out to work for their food. They like the free and easy stuff. I'm guessing I would win any hummingbird election they had...

I hung a feeder from my kitchen/dining area, bay window the last few years and had a little success. This year they are swarming it. It is over a walkout basement door, so it is 16' or so off the ground and the window overlooks my back 5 acres, surrounded on all three sides by woods and fields. Already a nice, peaceful view. Now I get the added fun of watching the hummingbirds. And they are growing more and more used to us inside, only a few feet away!!

Just picked up 10 lbs of sugar at the store yesterday. I think they call the ATF on me...

Contact Us Return to Main Page

UBB.threads™ 6.5